Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Scrapping NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Scrapping NYSC (744 Views)

Buhari Rules Out Scrapping Of NYSC Scheme / Rochas Okorocha Calls For Scrapping Of NYSC / ACF Opposes Scrapping Of NYSC, Condemns Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scrapping NYSC by syscomptec(f): 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2012
I have heard varied opinions on the importance of the National Youth Service scheme, NYSC and as the constitution review proceeds many has called for its scrapping.
Many lives may have been lost from the scheme but scraping it is like closing the only school in a community because pupils get crushed by cars while on their way to school. NYSC is a vital tool for unity and mutual understanding in Nigeria. Personally I lost my childhood friend to Kano 2004 riots while we were serving in kano but today I have more regard for northerners and muslims than I had b4 going to serve in kano because I had an opportunity to interact and understand them forrr myself and not draw erronous conclusions from myths and hearr-says.

Rather than scrap NYSC, govt should take her responsibilities in providing security for EVERYONE! The hundreds of worshipers that lost lives during the Xmas day bombing were not corps members neither were those killed in the Onitsha/Aba repraisal attacks.

Most of the corpers that were counted missing during the kano riots actually abondoned their PPAs for their home-town long b4 the riots. IT has given us more than enough tools for national and human security. Every corper can carry biometric ID cards for effctive audit and monitoring. The cards can carry tracking chips to easily locate the bearer anytime-anywhere (this can save many who like me where trapped hiding in hot spots). NYSC can have a dedicated helpline (shortcode) linked directly to NSA or IGP. Trust me our security personnels can savage any crises (if they choose to) I've seen them in action. These solutions are so easy, I can even design the entire system forr free.

Scrapping NYSC will be a proclaimation of FGN's inability to protect her citizens! A shame!!!

NYSC taught me so much in appreciating other tribes and respecting their culture, religion and worldview I would say the constitution should make it mandatory that none can serve at Federal public level without haven passed through the NYSC!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wow, At Last, It Is Out / #teamekiti / Lagos Is A Good City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.