Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Nurses Are Angels. If U R A NURSE Drop A Note. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nurses Are Angels. If U R A NURSE Drop A Note. (960 Views)

Unfortunate Deaths In Our Hospitals; A Nurse's Perspective / FG Not Serious About Fighting Ebola –doctors, Nurses / Nurses Are Meant To Assist The Dr : Fejiro Oliver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nurses Are Angels. If U R A NURSE Drop A Note. by VIRTUOUSLADY(f): 2:48am On Nov 29, 2012
am a nurse, and am so proud to an ANGEL.

Florence Nightingale Pledge
I solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly, to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully. I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug. I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession, and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling. With loyalty will I endeavor to aid the physician in his work, and devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care
Re: Nurses Are Angels. If U R A NURSE Drop A Note. by SlyIg(f): 6:17am On Nov 29, 2012
My dear,
students nurses are busy reading their books.
Staff nurses are busy in the hospitals.
And if you are a nurse,why are you here cos as long as i know,nairaland is not a very good place for busy and hardworking people.
Defend yourself!
Re: Nurses Are Angels. If U R A NURSE Drop A Note. by uboma(m): 6:34am On Nov 29, 2012
All work and no play makes Jack/Jane a dull gal. Pls allow the op to unwind jare. Nurses are indeed Angels. I remember how one took care of my mum back in the days...
Re: Nurses Are Angels. If U R A NURSE Drop A Note. by dominique(f): 7:16am On Nov 29, 2012
SlyIg: My dear,
And if you are a nurse,why are you here cos as long as i know,nairaland is not a very good place for busy and hardworking people.
Defend yourself!

And there I was assuming student nurses have semester breaks and trained ones go on day off. So trained and student nurses are supposed to work till they drop abi? You wicked small o. No wonder those GH and luth nurses are so darn mean. They're so underappreciated and overworked.
Re: Nurses Are Angels. If U R A NURSE Drop A Note. by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 29, 2012
Re: Nurses Are Angels. If U R A NURSE Drop A Note. by Sissy3(f): 8:52am On Nov 29, 2012
SlyIg: My dear,
Defend yourself!

i guess it is safe to say you aren't one of those hardworking ppl then
Re: Nurses Are Angels. If U R A NURSE Drop A Note. by VIRTUOUSLADY(f): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2012
STUDENT read their books but its not 24/7. nurses r busy but not all day.... droping a note here doesnt stop from doing wat u wana. am a nurse and am proudly and bold to declare dat. check out the doctor's update and u wud be marvelled. IF U R A NURSE DROP A NOTE
Re: Nurses Are Angels. If U R A NURSE Drop A Note. by VIRTUOUSLADY(f): 10:53am On Nov 29, 2012
NURSES'S; Hearts of Gold

There are times in our lives when we sit down and wonder where our lives will lead us.Sometimes we get so caught up in our jobs that we forget what we truly represent.We get frustrated, aggravated, pushed to the limits and so mentally tired that we feel what is the use in being a Nurse.But then someone gives us a weak smile or holds our hand and may say "thank you, you are so special. Then we feel the warmth growing in our hearts.
All the bad feelings disappear and replaced by the core values that we present: human dignity, compassion, dedication, integrity, stewardship, leadership and excellence.So when the bad feelins begin to show take the times to say this prayer:
Lord, help me to bring comfort where there is pain.
Courage where there is despair.
Acceptance when the end is near.
A touch gentle with tenderness, patience, and love.
And, always remember, all Nurses are truly ANGELS.
For you see --- God gave of Hearts of Gold.
Re: Nurses Are Angels. If U R A NURSE Drop A Note. by hardbody: 12:38pm On Nov 29, 2012
VIRTUOUSLADY: am a nurse, and am so proud to an ANGEL.

Florence Nightingale Pledge
I solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly, to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully. I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug. I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession, and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling. With loyalty will I endeavor to aid the physician in his work, and devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care

These 'Angels' inflict pain. Them dey chuck injection for yansh.

But seriously, some of them are nice but a whole lot of them are just mean and nasty. When last i went to the hospital ( i accompanied my dad) they virtually walked me out from the waiting room because i could not condone their pride and talking down on people, and i told them without mincing words.

In all though, the goods ones are good, the bad ones are really bad.

As for reading and being busy, I am not here because i am not busy, i am here in this site because i work smart.

1 Like

Re: Nurses Are Angels. If U R A NURSE Drop A Note. by VIRTUOUSLADY(f): 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2012
Look Closer - A Nurse's Reply

What do we, you ask, what do we see ?
Yes, we are thinking when looking at thee!
We may seem to be hard when we hurry and fuss,
But there's many of you and too few of us.
We would like far more time to sit by you and talk,
To bath you and feed you and help you to walk,
To hear of your lives and the things you have done;
Your childhood, your husband, your daughter, your son,
But time is against us, there's too much to do-
Patients too many and nurses too few.
We grieve when we see you so sad and alone,
With nobody near you, no friends of your own.
We feel all your pain, and know of your fear
That nobody cares now your end is so near.

But nurses are people with feelings as well,
And when we're together, you'll often hear tell
Of the dearest old Gran in the very end bed,
And the lovely old Dad, and the things that he said,
We speak with compassion and love, and feel sad
When we think of yours and the joy that you've had.
When the time has arrived for you to depart,
You leave us behind with an ache in our heart.

When you sleep the long sleep, no more worry or care,
There are other old people, and we mist be there.
So please understand if we hurry and fuss--
There are many of you and too few of us.

(1) (Reply)

Twin Brothers Choose Death Over Blindness / Any Pill To Aid In Losing Weight Very Fast? / Quantum Science Pendant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.