Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,613 members, 7,816,518 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! (825 Views)

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Page Hacked / Mark Zuckerberg's Page Hacked By Palestinian / Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by yawatide(f): 11:23am On Nov 29, 2012
http://www.punchng.com/?s=lagos

But here's the kicker:
Check out the names that the hacker thanks and the forums mentioned.

If you ask me, this raises some serious concerns and implications even if the listed forums and individuals had nothing to do with it cool
Re: Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by lincolnpix(m): 11:31am On Nov 29, 2012
Hola Yawa,
for me it means that the hacker/s visit NL regularly smiley
Re: Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by yawatide(f): 11:35am On Nov 29, 2012
^^ Sure but don't you think it is unethical in and of itself to mention names?
Re: Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by lincolnpix(m): 11:41am On Nov 29, 2012
Yep,
but it's really not their fault, it's an action to prove their strength. Punch.ng need to build their website on a more secure and better system.
Re: Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by DualCore1: 11:41am On Nov 29, 2012
Is this not the same site that got hacked twice last week?

What kind of foolishness is this? A site is hacked and all they do is reupload a clean copy without fixing vulns.
Re: Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by yawatide(f): 11:50am On Nov 29, 2012
lincolnpix, I guess you miss my point:
You can do whatever it is you need to do but why mention names/sources of inspiration?
Re: Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by lincolnpix(m): 11:55am On Nov 29, 2012
Well Yawa,
you're asking a "difficult" question smiley unpredictability is a fundamental part of human nature so go and guess why they mention those names.
Plus i'm 100% sure that this is just a big fun on their side.
Re: Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by yawatide(f): 12:14pm On Nov 29, 2012
Of course they are thanking those that made it possible for them to do what they did but, in a "normal" society, if I were Punch, I would go investigate why those names are being brought up and in addition to chasing the hackers, I would chase the names mentioned. It's the whole "aiding and abetting" thing.

In addition to being a resource for people's learning, NL could now be known as the "Center for Training of Hackers (Ethical or otherwise)". Whether this is a good or bad thing is something for time to tell, I guess.

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by lincolnpix(m): 12:17pm On Nov 29, 2012
@ Yawa
sent u a PM, got it?
Re: Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by lincolnpix(m): 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2012
The site is back online http://www.punchng.com/
Re: Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by yawatide(f): 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2012
he he, the power of NL grin
lincoln, I haven't gotten it yet. You can reach me via YIM at udotot25
Re: Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by ikashu: 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2012
Re: Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by soloqy: 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
Nonsense. What in the world do they know is ethical hacking? Defacing people's websites? Nothing ethical there.

Am sure they were just name-dropping putting Slyrox there as am sure he wouldnt get involved with defacing people's site for the sake of it.
Re: Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by Slyr0x: 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2012
WTF??!!

I CLEARLY DO NOT SUPPORT THIS SHOW OF SHAME. .

Why am I been thanked?

Whoever is behind this(which am sure he/she is reading this) should desist from such.

I don't support Defacing. .Never have, Never will!
Re: Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by Slyr0x: 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2012
Fcuuuuk!

I saw what the script kiddie did. .

He pulled out poster's names from this thread here Punchng.com Hacked Again and put them on the defaced page.

If only I could lay my hands on Punch's logs. . . . .
Re: Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by litaninja(m): 4:53pm On Nov 29, 2012
errr....
Re: Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by yawatide(f): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2012
@lincolnpix:
As you can see, one of the guys whose name has been mentioned, slyr0x, isn't exactly pleased. This has been my point from the get go.
Re: Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! by litaninja(m): 7:04pm On Nov 29, 2012
To Whom It May Concern: This is DEFINITELY NOT some form of collaborative effort!

(1) (Reply)

Please Review This Site And Suggest Css Code Please / Premium Extended Wordpress Theme / Data Subscription For Website Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.