Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,455 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja (14764 Views)

Over 1000 Boko Haram Members Arrested In South-West / 20 Boko-Haram Members Killed In Borno / 20 Boko-Haram Suspects Protest Non-trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by searay(m): 1:02pm On Nov 30, 2012
KwoiZabo: Why must they wait until something happens before they start combing hideouts or how are we sure they are actually robbers or BOKO?
so you are not sure? I don't think innocent people can engage the JTF for about 5hours. But anything is possible in Nigeria
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by cold(m): 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2012
Idokojimmy: [b]
“What we have adopted now is to be proactive. If we know that they want to carry out an operation, we burst it. This method has been helpful.
Suddenly they just realised being proactive helps. Wow! The end is nigh.
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by alkadriyar(m): 1:10pm On Nov 30, 2012
pafra: EVERY ABOKI IS A POTENTIAL BOKO HARAM SPEAR NON OF THEM.[color=#990000][/color]

I pity ur life. I pray u fall victim of such innocent arrest somedays by God's grace then u go no whats up.

1 Like

Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by Tyche(m): 1:11pm On Nov 30, 2012
20 suspects arrested, no single arm/ammuination recovered.

I pity the poor Nigerians living in Abuja shanties.
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by niggadee(m): 1:17pm On Nov 30, 2012
k2039: I prefer to hear,killed rather than arrested because they may still burgle their way our of their cells
killing suspected criminal without given no useful evidence to solve the issue is unreasonable
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by bamto(m): 1:29pm On Nov 30, 2012
@ Op. Your topic should read 'boko haram suspects' and not 'boko haram members' An accused person is presumed innocent until proven guilty. This is not militocracy.
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by shyna501: 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
Ä♌ð who r dos ones wit uniform?
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by kross01(m): 1:35pm On Nov 30, 2012
[quote author=Idokojimmy]Boko Haram: 20 Arrested As Soldiers Raid Hideouts In Abuja

It was gathered that the combing of the cells is part of a new pre-emptive strategy adopted by the government.

A source said: “We got intelligence report that some Boko Haram members and armed robbers have cells around this area and we decided to take pre-emptive steps. This particular area is notorious because of its hilly terrain but we will not relent until we clean the hills and valleys of criminal cells.

“What we have adopted now is to be proactive. If we know that they want to carry out an operation, we burst it. This method has been helpful.”

please am i the only one who noticed the key words of PRE-EMPTIVE and PROACTIVE in the above parts of this write up? Obviously they are indirectly telling us that there method prior to now is REACTIVE, thus countless of innocent nigerians must die first before they can act on the intels they have. Smh for this dying giant called nigeria.
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by onyeego(m): 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2012
I know that area very well, u will only find poor people selling fairly used building materials and other items.
These people have been on that hill for a long time doing their business, whenever you pass there, there is always a police van stationed at the entrance to the hill(to arrest anyone who brings stolen items to the market I think)

There is also a portion of that hill where they sale livestock like goats and rams and the police are very much aware of that place.

How can they wake up and label a place like that a boko haram hide out

If this is how they have been going about arresting innocent poor people tagging them boko haram, then boko haram is really winning.

Our security agencies need to know that harassing of innocent people is not there only mandate. undecided

Sometimes I wonder how this security men are trained?

Am very disappointed with the JTF, if this is how they've been arresting the so called boko haram members then we have alot of innocent people languishing in detention who's crime is only poverty.

I weep for Nigeria cry

2 Likes

Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2012
They were probably the ones targeting the national assembly members. Good move by JTF. The senates and representatives have to change their looting and criminal behaviors now or Boko Haram is coming for them! Hahaha...
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by fortyfeet(m): 1:44pm On Nov 30, 2012
KwoiZabo: Why must they wait until something happens before they start combing hideouts or how are we sure they are actually robbers or BOKO?
Go there and ask them, maybe you will not come back.
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by fortyfeet(m): 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2012
businesslawyer: Am always surprised when pple here on Nairaland celebrate reports of JTF making arrest. the truth is that JTF goes around arresting and killing innocent pple just to appear to d world as doing something. Am sure if d real guys are arrested they will be able trace their leaders. And why is that pple are arrested but few go to court and even fewer (rather non) get convicted?
If you are innocent and don't want to be killed by JTF, be in the RIGHT place at the RIGHT time.

1 Like

Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by onyeego(m): 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2012
fortyfeet:
If you are innocent and don't want to be killed by JTF, be in the RIGHT place at the RIGHT time.
What is this you just typed undecided

1 Like

Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by fortyfeet(m): 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2012
Why will I leave my state to another state only to go and live in a dungeon. Its questionable. I rather remain in my village to farm. Before, I used to know the city to be for educated people and very few uneducated people brought from the village by the educated to live with them and help them with manual jobs. What on earth will someone who speaks and understands one local language be doing in the city on his own. JTF is doing their best and I do know one day, BH will become a history. Support JTF.
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by idlaw2k3(m): 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2012
The area in question is a notorious hideout for criminals. Indian hemp is openly sold there and lots of homeless people hangout there. It is surprising that the police had allowed such a place to exist so close to SARS headquarters. I passed there a day after the attack on sars and was surprised that people were still going into and coming out of the hills surrounding the facility.
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by mekaboy(m): 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2012
MEDICINE AFTER DEATH. WHEN THEY HAVE SOME OF THEIR MEMBERS AS BOKO HARAM INFORMANTS, THE RAID AND COMBING SHOULD START WITHIN THE POLICE AND MILITARY CAMPS. THE ENEMY IS WITHIN AND NOT OUTSIDE.
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by onome25(m): 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2012
na waoooh for naija-if our security men mistakenly catch criminals,hawkers,guguru seller,traffic offender,petrol hawker,they will just tag them as "BOKO HARAM" so that they.ll keep getting allowi & promotion from FG. nw the innocent are the most victim what a-country with RoTeN EGGS.
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by ChimaAdeoye: 7:40pm On Nov 30, 2012
JTF should publish some gsm phone numbers the public can call or text to report suspicious activity. The worst situation is that people see these BH terrorists but have no way of alerting the authorities.
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by mascot5: 9:14pm On Nov 30, 2012
jtf nd fg i love d way u guys cooperate.plz u guys should act like commando nd rambo.
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by zumbigbo(m): 12:36am On Dec 01, 2012
i hope the people in this picture are the real boko haram and not innocent Nigeria as usual.

My broda - point and kill army will not wait to see proof : like ODI, they will assassinate mother, child and man - dump bodies high and call them all BOKOMITES
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by zumbigbo(m): 12:38am On Dec 01, 2012
sad sad sad sad sadgsm phone numbers the public can call or text to report suspicious activity. The worst situation is that people see these BH terrorists but have no way of alerting the authorities.

Bad belle neighbour will call for them to visit your compound wey na ur business carry more leg than their activities.
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 01, 2012
We have boko haram in government
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by confusion247(m): 9:44am On Dec 01, 2012
Tyche: 20 suspects arrested, no single arm/ammuination recovered.

I pity the poor Nigerians living in Abuja shanties.
Only fools will believe that those arrested are boko haram members. So their guns and IED are invincible? We are finished in this country. I pity innocent poor civilians living in Northern Nigeria because they are all labelled as boko haram suspects.
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by hotwax: 10:04am On Dec 01, 2012
“What we have adopted now is to be proactive. If we know that they want to carry out an operation, we burst it. This method has been helpful.”

So you wait for them to plan attack before you stop them?
What about arresting them and not wait for them to attack.
PDP is Boko haram, Boko-haram is PDP
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by 1025: 10:06am On Dec 01, 2012
the pdp deceit game plan is arrest 20 innocent ppl and release 50 boko members. i do not trust jonathan on boko haram issues. this boko haram is the evil agenda of pdp to reduce the igbos because most of their victims are innocent igbo traders.
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by alkadriyar(m): 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2012
Chima_Adeoye: JTF should publish some gsm phone numbers the public can call or text to report suspicious activity. The worst situation is that people see these BH terrorists but have no way of alerting the authorities.
then u the reporter be tagged as their P.R.O
Re: 20 Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Abuja by ssjalo(m): 11:09am On Dec 02, 2012
i can see the FG are playing... may God save our dear land.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Hope Uzodinma's Pretty Wife Chioma Ikeaka Flaunts Her Baby Bump(pics) / Wike Distributes Science Equipment, Materials To 247 Secondary Schools - Photos / Supreme Court Unable To Deliver PDP Ruling Due To Political Interference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.