Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Breaking News: JTF Demolishes Boko Haram ‘bomb Factory’ In Zaria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: JTF Demolishes Boko Haram ‘bomb Factory’ In Zaria (610 Views)

Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / Police Uncover MASSOB Bomb Factory In Imo / Four Soldiers Die As Troops Uncover Yobe Bomb Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: JTF Demolishes Boko Haram ‘bomb Factory’ In Zaria by Joeadamu86: 4:10pm On Nov 30, 2012
The Nigeria Army has demolished a suspected Boko Haram bomb factory in Zaria, Kaduna State, recovering many important items.
The Assistant Director of Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Kukasheka Usman, who confirmed the action to SaharaReporters and also sent pictures of the recovered items, said that the incident followed a Cordon and Search Operation which it carried out with other security agencies in the Kwanar Shahada, Jushin Chiki area of the city.

He described the bomb factory as a two-bedroom bungalow, and that there were Improvised Explosive Devices in “stage one state of readiness.”
The operation also recovered several IED-making components that include:

•    17 Sensor Mechanical Timers (Remote Controls)
•    11 Primed Suicide Bombers Vests
•    36 Primed IEDs in “Bobo” cans
•    One military kitbag with support items like saw, hammer, cello tapes and guns
•    2 gallons of paint containing prepared IEDs
•    2 gallons of turkey oil brand with prepared IEDs
•    7 rolls of wires of various lengths
•    One bag containing several sensors
•    25 nine volt batteries

The spokesman said that a 60-year old man, Umaru Mohammed,was arrested within the premises, and the house demolished.
He did not say why it was essential to demolish the building rather than turn it over to the police for further investigation.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria-army-demolishes-boko-haram-‘bomb-factory’-zaria
Re: Breaking News: JTF Demolishes Boko Haram ‘bomb Factory’ In Zaria by Joeadamu86: 4:56pm On Nov 30, 2012
That's a great feat JTF keep it up...we want more results..
Re: Breaking News: JTF Demolishes Boko Haram ‘bomb Factory’ In Zaria by alkadriyar(m): 10:52pm On Nov 30, 2012
I use to praise the JTF whenever i hear news like this, untill the recent raid by the JTF in abuja. When i realised that 99% of the arrest made by JTF are of innocent citizens. After the reported attacks on SARSs' office by Boko boyz, the JTF stormd some nearby housing estates in Apo, arresting any aboki boy on the street. It was a sorry for these poor guyz especially for some whom i knw 2 be labourers and "mey ruwa" (truck pusher).
2 of my neighbours would have fall victims of this while they were on their way to the mosque, if not for people who heard them screeming and shouting before they pleaded on their behalf and testify they are resident.

(1) (Reply)

Henry Okah Likely To "Walk Free On 21st January 2013 / Why Did The Story Of The Brit Gunrunner In Nigeria Just Die? / Obama Signs Bill To Grant Nigerian Student U.S. Permanent Residency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.