Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,049 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals (16508 Views)

81-Year-Old Woman Raped And Robbed In Ghana By 3 Men / Lady Murdered By Guys For Rituals In Port-Harcourt (Graphic Pic) / Man Robbed In Broad Daylight On Eko Bridge (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by stpat1(m): 7:41am On Dec 02, 2012
mascot5: boys are not smiling.benin city for dat mata.delta boy hve better tinz to do dan look for dead bodies parts.fg i beg mak ona fyn work giv all dose boys.

You appear as a stark illiterate. For you not to be able to understand this simple write up is a shame. You are a disgrace to all Deltans.
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:17am On Dec 02, 2012
PurerareGold: Get your Facts straight. Medical students dissect cadavers, All of which are provided by the School α̲̅πϑ these are mainly unclaimed corpses. So no medical student goes †☺ a graveyard †☺ dig up bones when they are already provided by the school.

how do they know whether the corpse is claimed or unclaimed plz dont tell me. if there is a legal procedure for them, then the Benin Govt must provide a legal procedure for the Vodun worshippers. or else they can continue digging up graves.
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by khrisponty(m): 8:28am On Dec 02, 2012
salafiyy: BRAKING THE BONES OF THE DEATHS IS LIKE BRAKING THEIR BONES WHEN THEY WERE ALIVE...TO BE SINCERE WITH OURSELVES, THE MOST WORST PEOPLE IN NIGERIA ARE THE SOUTH-EAST AND SOUTH-SOUTH, WHY! BECAUSE THEY LACK A-TAWHEED...

*sirens blaring from a distance* 'The Grammar Police' will soon be on the scene to investigate the grievous crimes perpetrated against English

1 Like

Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by khrisponty(m): 8:30am On Dec 02, 2012
salafiyy: BRAKING THE BONES OF THE DEATHS IS LIKE BRAKING THEIR BONES WHEN THEY WERE ALIVE...TO BE SINCERE WITH OURSELVES, THE MOST WORST PEOPLE IN NIGERIA ARE THE SOUTH-EAST AND SOUTH-SOUTH, WHY! BECAUSE THEY LACK A-TAWHEED...

*sirens blaring from a distance* 'The Grammar Police' will soon be on the scene to investigate the grievous crimes perpetrated against English language.
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 02, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

how do they know whether the corpse is claimed or unclaimed plz dont tell me. if there is a legal procedure for them, then the Benin Govt must provide a legal procedure for the Vodun worshippers. or else they can continue digging up graves.
. Bros I salute ur courage for standing and promoting wat u belived. Buh I have a quetion for u, does witchcraft practioners, which religion do they actually belong\promote and what is d best way of eradicating dem in our midst? Pls logical and sound answer
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:57am On Dec 02, 2012
chiover: . Bros I salute ur courage for standing and promoting wat u belived. Buh I have a quetion for u, does witchcraft practioners, which religion do they actually belong\promote and what is d best way of eradicating dem in our midst? Pls logical and sound answer

Thank You brother.

you see there is a difference between private ritualists / frauds and established Pagan religions in West Africa.

Vodun, Ifa ORisha, Odinani, Maguzawa, etc., are not witchcraft, but established religions and spiritualities of West Africa. they practice the worship of SPiritual Forces, nature reverence, ancestor reverance, divination, ORacles, etc., and have proper shrines, priestly orders, initiations, ritual procedure, etc. When you belong to these religionss you officially call yourself as such. These religions do not practice killling, murder, etc. THey are just normal African religions. Many of the priests are well educated (though its not necessary), have done PHD ,etc and many even attend international Religious Seminars (especially Yoruba BAbalawos). in this ase , i defended the actions because in Benin, Vodun is an official Religion with a wel established priestly order (both male/female), and select commities.

now about the ritualists/protectionists/witchraft fellows , etc., these are private individuals either experimenting with the occult, or doing stuff for private gain, or to make money, etc. .

They do not necessairly belong to the above mentioned religions and come in all shapes and sizes and can be christians / muslims, common people/villagers, etc. for example in the recent case of the ritualist living under the bridge who murdered innocents and sold body parts to xtian churches, ritualists, etc.
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 02, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Thank You brother.

you see there is a difference between private ritualists / frauds and established Pagan religions in West Africa.

Vodun, Ifa ORisha, Odinani, Maguzawa, etc., are not witchcraft, but established religions and spiritualities of West Africa. they practice the worship of SPiritual Forces, nature reverence, ancestor reverance, divination, ORacles, etc., and have proper shrines, priestly orders, initiations, ritual procedure, etc. When you belong to these religionss you officially call yourself as such. These religions do not practice killling, murder, etc. THey are just normal African religions. Many of the priests are well educated (though its not necessary), have done PHD ,etc and many even attend international Religious Seminars (especially Yoruba BAbalawos). in this ase , i defended the actions because in Benin, Vodun is an official Religion with a wel established priestly order (both male/female), and select commities.

now about the ritualists/protectionists/witchraft fellows , etc., these are private individuals either experimenting with the occult, or doing stuff for private gain, or to make money, etc. .

They do not necessairly belong to the above mentioned religions and come in all shapes and sizes and can be christians / muslims, common people/villagers, etc. for example in the recent case of the ritualist living under the bridge who murdered innocents and sold body parts to xtian churches, ritualists, etc.

. Thank u very much sir, I've learnt sumtin nu 4rm u dis morning.I remember a religion in my hometown called godian or guardian religon I neva really had d luxury of questioning dia belief buh my opionion abt humans is dat it is left for u as an individual to do or practice wat is right as far as u don't harm ur fellow humans I don't care.like u itemized, I wonder why a church pastor or I mosque imam or a native doctor datswore to safe life shd petronize a killer. Our perception of faith and religion in africa sucks so hard dats why wen issues like dis are raised I try to get point of all religions so dat I won't see my follow homo sapiens as too bad or too good. Once again I salute u sir

2 Likes

Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by highchief3(m): 9:41am On Dec 02, 2012
your mumu end for part one!
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by lastpage: 9:44am On Dec 02, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=16pt]I AM SURE THE HUMAN SKELETONS, WHEN ALIVE MUSTVE BEEN PRACTICING VODUN IN THEIR LIFETIME! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG HERE! THE SKELETONS ARE BEING USED FOR RELIGIOUS PURPOSES TO FUEL THE GROWING VODUN RELIGION IN BENIN & TOGO! THE GODS BLESS THESE PEOPLE! ASE! ASE! ASE![/size]

[size=16pt]MAY VODUN FOREVER BE ALIVE ACROSS BENIN, TOGO, GHANA, NIGERIA, etc![/size]cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

....and then what?

Did they use it to manufacture Cars, Aeroplanes, Tanker ships, or did they use it to advance their quality of life, better education, Space Science or even advancement in Weaponry?

May be they would even use it to produce better footballers (aside that Adebayor!) so they can win the African nations Cup! grin grin

Stewpid, backward Eediots!

Anyway sha, at least this ones are not "Kidnapping University students" for rituals, they are using "useless" dead bones! shocked shocked!

Lastpage!
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:58am On Dec 02, 2012
lastpage:

....and then what?

Did they use it to manufacture Cars, Aeroplanes, Tanker ships, or did they use it to advance their quality of life, better education, Space Science or even advancement in Weaponry?

May be they would even use it to produce better footballers (aside that Adebayor!) so they can win the African nations Cup! grin grin

Stewpid, backward Eediots!

Anyway sha, at least this ones are not "Kidnapping University students" for rituals, they are using "useless" dead bones! shocked shocked!

Lastpage!

WHAT THE BLOODY HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!!!! THIS IS RLEIGION NOT A DEVELOPMENT SECTOR! DEVELOPING THE COUNTRY IS THE GOVERNMENTS JOB, NOT OUR JOB!

STOP ASSOCIATING SPIRITUALITY WITH YOUR BASE MATERIAL NEEDS! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by yommyuk: 10:26am On Dec 02, 2012
FIRE FROM HEAVEN BURN THEM ALL - AMEN!!!!!!!

Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:29am On Dec 02, 2012
yommyuk: FIRE FROM HEAVEN BURN THEM ALL - AMEN!!!!!!!

MAY IT BURN YOU! ASE OOOOOOOOO!
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by ihembakingsley(m): 10:39am On Dec 02, 2012
Even d dead is no longer safe again. Very soon all d dead bodies in benin will rise up in protest against insecurity of their dear teriotory. Make dem try am 4 naija. A dirty slap 4rm amadioha spirit go make dem change their country name....Idiots!(Sipped my palm wine glass cup)
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by aia99: 12:37pm On Dec 02, 2012
kwangi: Who be this one? The "most worst people" indeed.
Which one be a-tawheed again?
at tawheed simply means to believe that Allah is one
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by Ninilowo(m): 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
mascot5: boys are not smiling.benin city for dat mata.delta boy hve better tinz to do dan look for dead bodies parts.fg i beg mak ona fyn work giv all dose boys.
Republic of Benin NOT Benin city.
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by antontech(m): 1:09pm On Dec 02, 2012
Hmmm,in this 21st century
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:21pm On Dec 02, 2012
chiover: . Thank u very much sir, I've learnt sumtin nu 4rm u dis morning.I remember a religion in my hometown called godian or guardian religon I neva really had d luxury of questioning dia belief buh my opionion abt humans is dat it is left for u as an individual to do or practice wat is right as far as u don't harm ur fellow humans I don't care.like u itemized, I wonder why a church pastor or I mosque imam or a native doctor datswore to safe life shd petronize a killer. Our perception of faith and religion in africa sucks so hard dats why wen issues like dis are raised I try to get point of all religions so dat I won't see my follow homo sapiens as too bad or too good. Once again I salute u sir

yes i thank you for your understanding. truly!
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by sundaybam(m): 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
also the grave diggers are doing a god job. what with so less space available, they are doing good by clearing old graves which can be used for other more useful purposes.

If u die 2. U pray make dem commot ur head from grave?
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:56pm On Dec 02, 2012
sundaybam:

If u die 2. U pray make dem commot ur head from grave?

yes if its a good cause like this. my soul will attain higher status since its being used for this spiritual purpose.
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by Pain(m): 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2012
How far has voodoo transformed benin and africa in general? Fooolish People!
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 02, 2012
Are People Still Practicing Dark Magic and sorcery...
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by daroz(m): 9:18pm On Dec 02, 2012

Abego, no be benin city o, na Benin rep.
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
Pain: How far has voodoo transformed benin and africa in general? Fooolish People!

Vodooo is not to transform BEnin or Africa. Vodooo is to tranform oneself and to attain inner spirituality. BEnin was a Great Empire uring Vodoo days, but now colonialism, christianity , etc., have transformed it in a bad way. .
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
Fredrick909: Are People Still Practicing Dark Magic and sorcery...

This is not dark magic or sorcery. THis is religion.
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by JikoSnazzy(m): 8:24am On Dec 03, 2012
nairalady: wonders shall never end
Bleep,shit,dick,penis,pussy,virgina,motherfucker,sexy....hahah fucking shite grin
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by jude33084(m): 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2012

The OP has succeded in bringing dumb people like you out. You failed to read b4 commenting mumu angry
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by jude33084(m): 8:29pm On Dec 03, 2012
mmmustapha: Dis writer mess up, which one of Benin? Benin naija or Benin republic.

The writer did exactly what i expected; he just proved that most guys here dont read before commenting cheesy. Read it again aŋԂ you will see where he hid it.wink
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by jude33084(m): 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2012
Clemzy16: The topic is misleading. The MODs should change it to "Benin Republic" instead of just "Benin" so some people don't mistook it for Benin-city, Nigeria. BTW, Rest in peace has become Rest in pieces. May God deliver this continent.

It was clearly stated. He didnt use benin city, did he?
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

This is not dark magic or sorcery. THis is religion.

so voodoo
is a religion
hmmm i didnt know.
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2012
Fredrick909:

so voodoo
is a religion
hmmm i didnt know.

now
you
know.
Re: Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals by lastpage: 8:11am On Dec 10, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Vodooo is not to transform BEnin or Africa. Vodooo is to tranform oneself and to attain inner spirituality. BEnin was a Great Empire uring Vodoo days, but now colonialism, christianity , etc., have transformed it in a bad way. .

....and when the "oneself and spirituality" is transformed (to a higher level l believe?), the next question that arises is: TO WHAT BENEFIT?

This is where this grave-robber Religion fails woefully!
'
All the Albert Einsteins and Isaac Newtons + Faradays of this world (whether as Rosicrucians, Priory, Saints Templar, e.t.c) used their own "Voodoo" to better mankind. They contributed immensely to the development of knowledge, better understanding and improved standard of life for men and you.

Any "religion or practice" that does not lead to the attainment of a better mankind is useless and should be trashed.

Lastpage!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Prophet, Three Others Over Alleged Attempt To Kidnap LG Boss / 19-Year-Old Boy Fakes Own Kidnap, Loses N365,000 Ransom To Thieves / Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.