Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged (4771 Views)

Gov .danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Casts Vote In Suntai Ward / Danbaba Suntai To Be Replaced As Taraba State Governor . / Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by bilms(m): 5:29pm On Dec 01, 2012
Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged

Governor Danbaba Suntai of Taraba State, who was seriously injured when his plane crashed on October 25 in Yola, capital of Adamawa State, has reportedly suffered extensive brain damage and even failed to recognize members of a presidential delegation that visited him at a hospital in Hanover, Germany, an authoritative source has told SaharaReporters.

A source close to a senior member of the delegation which was led by Senate President, David Mark, included Governor Ibrahim Yakowa of Kaduna State, President Goodluck Jonathan’s chief of staff, Mike Oghiadomhe, also on the delegation was John Kennedy Opara, the secretary of the Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Commission (NCPC) and the Chaplain of the Presidential Villa Chapel, Venerable Obioma Onwuzurumba, described the trip to see Mr. Suntai as highly secretive. SaharaReporters learnt that members of the delegation had officially traveled to Vatican City in Rome to witness the consecration of Archbishop John Onaiyekan as a Cardinal of the Catholic Church. After the ceremony in Italy, the delegation then made a quick detour to Germany to see the injured Mr. Suntai.

Our source said members of the delegation were shocked to see Mr. Suntai in a vegetative state. “His condition was so bad that they could not publicly disclose his condition after they returned to Nigeria,” said the source.

Since Mr. Suntai’s airlift to Germany, officials of the Taraba State government have engaged in propaganda, claiming that the governor was making remarkable recovery. But our sources, including an official of the state government, admitted that Mr. Suntai’s mental faculty had deteriorated since the accident and that his memory was virtually impaired.

“It is possible that he suffered brain damage because there was some delay before he could be taken abroad,” said a state official.

A Taraba-born political activist who is based in Abuja, has likened the present hide and seek game on the status of the Taraba state governor to the days of late president Umaru Musa Yar’Adua when his true state of health was concealed from Nigerians in order to prevent his vice, Goodluck Jonathan from being sworn-in as acting president.

According to him: “We all know how President Umaru Yar’Adua’s people continued to deceive Nigerians that the man was recovering well and how they even brought him back in a comatose state and declared that he was in control of Nigeria,” said the activist. He added: “I hope President Jonathan and the PDP are not planning a similar scenario whereby they will declare that Governor Suntai is in control – until they find a malleable successor who suits them.

“The fact that the people of Taraba have not heard from or seen the governor since the air crash on October 25 2012 means that the man is no longer fit to govern them,” he said.

Culled From Saharareporters

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/12/taraba-governor-danbaba-suntai-reportedly-brain-damaged.html

1 Like

Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by oderemo(m): 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2012
It is possible that he suffered brain damage because there was
some delay before he could be taken abroad,” said a state
official.
see nija mentality, cos he is a big man, what of many daily road accident.

1 Like

Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by bilms(m): 10:38pm On Dec 01, 2012
?
Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by Nasri100(m): 10:56pm On Dec 01, 2012
Feel sorry for him
Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by Godjone(m): 10:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
sahara reporters are haters of the govna. Its an affiliate of terorist organisations. I hate them. Mtchewww
Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by meerkat(m): 11:01pm On Dec 01, 2012
Hmmm private jet syndrome...
Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by 76Naira(m): 11:02pm On Dec 01, 2012
Fix the nation.....emergency cases are most influenced by severity and time-to-hospital.

As long as those hospitals are in other continents, there is little hope in such cases.

Actually, I worry too much about such issues. I doubt our leaders have much interest!

1 Like

Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by Lakayana: 11:03pm On Dec 01, 2012
I thought i saw the same post this morning why bringing it back? Or has the damage increased.?
Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by ebamma3: 11:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
Na dey second time i don see dis news for frontpage be dis are the mods running out of stories or what?
Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by saintneo(m): 11:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
space for ................
Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by collins123(m): 11:12pm On Dec 01, 2012
saintneo: space for ................

Hire

Sale

Boerrow.

This thread is a repost!!!!
Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 01, 2012
They should replace it with goat''s "just kidding"

@ topic like seriously? 310% of Nigerians don't give a ffuckk about his damaged brain.
Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by Youngzedd(m): 11:19pm On Dec 01, 2012
meerkat: Hmmm private jet syndrome...

U noticed sumtin.
Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by bookface: 11:21pm On Dec 01, 2012
collins123:

Hire

Sale

Boerrow.

This thread is a repost!!!!

1 Like

Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by Youngzedd(m): 11:21pm On Dec 01, 2012
Lakayana: I thought i saw the same post this morning why bringing it back? Or has the damage increased.?

Exactly, here is the link >> www.nairaland.com/1119216/governor-suntai-brain-damaged-saharareporters

Still on front page.

This our mod self.
If I talk whats on my mind now, they will ban me.

Mouth keep shut gbam.
Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by markus1133: 11:29pm On Dec 01, 2012
shocking
Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by 80million1: 11:35pm On Dec 01, 2012
speechless

okay, we don hear!
Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by Opoki(m): 11:36pm On Dec 01, 2012
Sorry o Gov. Suntai...
Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by johnwizey: 11:38pm On Dec 01, 2012
d guy should die now.....abi wetin
Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 01, 2012
Sad
At least we all know what happened to him and why he is in Germany
Enugu state governor has disappeared for over 2 months and no one is saying a word
Re: Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged by dridowu: 11:48pm On Dec 01, 2012
How many times will ds make d frontpage today..........................I think d moderatoor is hi

(1)

“jonathan Bombed Abuja Oct 1st; Begged Me To Blame North,” Henry Okah Claims / Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? / Hilarious! Grammatical Blunder By Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.