Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will (11359 Views)

Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m / Tola Oyediran, Obafemi Awolowo's Eldest Daughter Revealed (pic) / Ojukwu's Eldest Son Sues Bianca & Other Family Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by lekanolas: 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2012
Following his exclusion from of the Will of the late Biafran warlord, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu- Ojukwu, his presumed eldest son, Chief Sylvester Debe Odumegwu-Ojukwu, has revealed to Saturday Mirror that he turned down his father’s offer while writing his Will.

Speaking to Saturday Mirror in an exclusive interview in Lagos, Debe also denied having a running battle with his father’s widow, Bianca, and other members of the family over inheritance. His words: “I don’t have any running battle with my father’s widow, Bianca.

The problem is that there are some misunderstandings which need to be put in proper light.

She is my father’s widow and there is nothing like a running battle between us. My relationship with her is still cordial. The only thing is that during my father’s burial, they were misguided by certain branches of the family. “What I am fighting for is my right and not inheritance. In a situation when I am still alive and somebody is claiming to be the first son, he needs to be corrected for future purpose and that is part of what I am trying to correct.

My duty as a first born is to put things right even if it is painful. “If any of the children was close to my father during his lifetime, I am the one because it is to me that he revealed many things.

There is no way a child will know about a Will unless it is written. With the level of my father’s education, I expect that he should have a Will. In fact, once, when my father was writing a Will, he asked me to come and sit beside him.

But I refused. He asked me why and I said, ‘I don’t know whether you are going to give me anything. Because if you are giving me anything and it now turns out when the Will goes into probate that I sat with you, it could be assumed that I influenced you to do certain things in my favour.

So, I left him and his lawyer in the parlour to continue writing the Will.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/i-turned-down-my-fathers-offer-debe-ojukwu/

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 01, 2012
hmmm odikwa egwu! Ezigbo di okpara ka ibu. You are indeed a true son of your father.may the good lord continue to guide and protect the ojukwu family.

10 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by Lasinoh: 6:16am On Dec 02, 2012
The problem with men and their ever-wandering third legs!
AND WOMEN WHO WILL LAY DOWN WITH THEM AT ALL COSTS!
*sighs*

“What I am fighting for is my right and not inheritance. In a situation when I am still alive and somebody is claiming to be the first son, he needs to be corrected for future purpose and that is part of what I am trying to correct.

What a mess!
Especially for a POLYGAMOUS IGBO CATHOLIC! cry

See the wahala of scattering poohsies and pehnises here and there? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by Itoroetti(m): 11:19am On Dec 02, 2012
Debe,u can do without ur father's will.ur kids will be disappointed seeing u fight for a common property u can afford.btw bianca rili influence d will or it was doctored.
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by KINGwax(m): 11:20am On Dec 02, 2012
Kingwax was here. Registred
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by Opoki(m): 11:32am On Dec 02, 2012
Its crystal clear that the man is fighting for the first born role which is so common in Nigeria...
But is there a literary meaning for the name "Debe" within South-East?
No insult meant.
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by Sunofgod(m): 11:40am On Dec 02, 2012
Silly Chap . Was Ojukwu known as 'Papa Debe'?

Na now you dey fight,

You should have fought 25 years back when your father's 'di.ck' was itching for some young pu.sssy'

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by Classicalman(m): 11:50am On Dec 02, 2012
Lasinoh: The problem with men and their ever-wandering third legs!
AND WOMEN WHO WILL LAY DOWN WITH THEM AT ALL COSTS!
*sighs*

What a mess!
Especially for a POLYGAMOUS IGBO CATHOLIC! cry

See the wahala of scattering poohsies and pehnises here and there? cheesy

Yeah. And the women too never ever try to close their hole. Always opening it at the slightest flash of cash.
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by bigtt76(f): 11:57am On Dec 02, 2012
How right is it for a will to be written in the presence of the subjects or beneficiaries? IMO I think its wrong ...any lawyer(s) in tha house?
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by EKARO(m): 11:58am On Dec 02, 2012
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by palugycolina(m): 12:27pm On Dec 02, 2012
ojukwu was a coward...now we have all seen it all..
After causing d death of so many..he made a mockery out of his own family..was he even a good christian?
Catholics..hmmm
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by Lasinoh: 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2012
Classicalman:

Yeah. And the women too never ever try to close their hole. Always opening it at the slightest flash of cash.

Nothing wrong with opening 'holes' for cash or kind. . . . children do not have to be born under such circumstances if you are dealing with a 'waka-about'! Simple! kiss
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by ceeceeco: 12:37pm On Dec 02, 2012
Itoroetti :
Debe,u can do without ur father's will.ur kids will be disappointed seeing u fight for a common property u can afford.btw bianca rili influence d will or it was doctored.
There's a difference between fighting 4 ur right & inheritance. It's his right, let him fight 4 it.
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by Abagworo(m): 12:40pm On Dec 02, 2012
Opoki: Its crystal clear that the man is fighting for the first born role which is so common in Nigeria...
But is there a literary meaning for the name "Debe" within South-East?
No insult meant.

Where is this one from? You've not heard of Olisadebe, Osadebe or Chukwudebe in your life? If you are not Igbo, it means "God should protect, keep or guard" .There is usually an omitted "m" for me.

Other variants are Orisadewe, Osadebenem, Olisadebelum or a replacement of "Orisa" with "Chi" or "Chukwu"

So how much will you pay for the lectures?

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by ACM10: 12:42pm On Dec 02, 2012
Chief Sylvester Debe Odumegwu-Ojukwu, has revealed to Saturday Mirror that he turned down his father’s offer while writing his Will.

Debe also denied having a running battle with his father’s widow, Bianca, and other members of the family over inheritance. His words: “I don’t have any running battle with my father’s widow, Bianca.

The problem is that there are some misunderstandings which need to be put in proper light.

My relationship with her is still cordial. The only thing is that during my father’s burial, they were misguided by certain branches of the family. “What I am fighting for is my right and not inheritance.

In a situation when I am still alive and somebody is claiming to be the first son, he needs to be corrected for future purpose and that is part of what I am trying to correct.

My duty as a first born is to put things right even if it is painful.

In fact, once, when my father was writing a Will, he asked me to come and sit beside him.

But I refused.
Chief Debe Ojukwu have won me over with the above comments. He is a true son of his father. Bianca should endeavour to work with him. I never knew that Chief Debe Ojukwu can be reasonable. I commend his maturity. I expect other members of Ojukwu's family to follow suit.
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by UncleJJ(m): 1:27pm On Dec 02, 2012
Can't believe it - that h.o.E , Fcked every one of them grin. Wonder if she ever sucked the general's pinky, like she did these men.

Debe, cause as much katakata as you can. The only problem is that Bianca is still very pretty at her age, and can convince any man with a few smiles and quikies in the powder room. grin
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by Kezzy24(f): 1:30pm On Dec 02, 2012
Itoroetti :

I guess you missed the part where he stated he is fighting for his RIGHT,not INHERITANCE.
Meaning his right as the first son.
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by SisiKill1: 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2012
Speaking to Saturday Mirror in an exclusive interview in Lagos, Debe also denied having a running battle with his father’s widow, Bianca, and other members of the family over inheritance. His words: “I don’t have any running battle with my father’s widow, Bianca.

Nigerian Journalists never cease to amaze me. What is the point of repeating what someone says. . . word for word if you are gonna quote them anyway.

In his address to the nation, the president said the claims of Gucci Rice and Prada beans are greatly exaggerated. His words "The claims of Gucci Rice and Prada Beans are greatly exaggerated"

It makes no damn sense. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by miqos02(m): 3:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
whats his right without inheritance
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by Abagworo(m): 4:06pm On Dec 02, 2012
miqos02: whats his right without inheritance

To be addressed as Opara. In Igboland Opara and Ada is a thing of pride and in his own case to prove he's not bastard.
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by trainingict: 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2012
I salute his courage. I know how painful it was for him to be denied the performance of rites as a first son. Dim might have been fair to him. Perhaps, he intentionally shields him from problems that may arise after his death. My major concern is this? Why should the elders of the Ojukwu family prevented him from being recognised as a first son? is it because he was very closer to his father? was he on the side of his father as a Lawyer when the father was having a running battle with the family over Louis Ojukwu's property? If the last question was true, he may be prevented from continuing from where his father stopped. The will has made his participation impossible. I am not sure Louis Ojukwu's property is among those willed by DIM because Ojukwu family may not release the property until Loius properties are shared.
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2012
Facts are now emerging on how useless Ojuku was before he died. A failure at everything

Failed as a warlord, Failed as a senatorial candidate, failed as a presidential candidate, failed as a father, failed as a husband

Ojuku may you rot in Hell

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by Abagworo(m): 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2012
dayokanu: Facts are now emerging on how useless Ojuku was before he died. A failure at everything

Failed as a warlord, Failed as a senatorial candidate, failed as a presidential candidate, failed as a father, failed as a husband

Ojuku may you rot in Hell

Be careful lest you rot here on earth

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 02, 2012
This family should stop airing their dirty laundry outside! Enough of all this granting interviews to newspapers.
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2012
Abagworo:

You mean like Ojuku who died lonely deaf dumb and rotten in London? He was even reported to be a vegetable for like 4yrs before he died.

And in hell being fisted by Lucifer himself

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 02, 2012
palugy colina: ojukwu was a coward...now we have all seen it all..
After causing d death of so many..he made a mockery out of his own family..was he even a good christian?
Catholics..hmmm
You sound stupid. Ojukwu never caused anyone's death, rather he fought against pogrom that Nigeria wanted 2 carryout at that time.
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by dayokanu(m): 5:59pm On Dec 02, 2012
Cajetan speaks: You sound stupid. Ojukwu never caused anyone's death, rather he fought against pogrom that Nigeria wanted 2 carryout at that time.

The 3 million innocent women and children he led to their death while he fled to Abidjan nko?
Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2012
dayokanu:

The 3 million innocent women and children he led to their death while he fled to Abidjan nko?
Gowon and Awolowo is responsible for those deaths and not Ojukwu. What killed millions of children during the civil war is hunger caused by the duo's blockade of Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by ACM10: 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2012
Abagworo:

He's rotting already. He's worse off with his miserable life.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will by ACM10: 6:25pm On Dec 02, 2012
dayokanu:

You mean like Ojuku who died lonely deaf dumb and rotten in London? He was even reported to be a vegetable for like 4yrs before he died.

And in hell being fisted by Lucifer himself
How can a vegetable campaign for Peter Obi in 2010?
How can a blind man campaign for Peter Obi in 2010?
Something must be wrong with you guys lies.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Economy Choking Under Pangs Of Politics- Businessday / Ojudu, Others Remain Suspended - Ekiti APC Disagrees With National Body / 2023: There Is No Zoning Agreement In APC – Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.