Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. (11379 Views)

NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" / How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by collins123(m): 9:29am On Dec 02, 2012

Some MTN Nigeria subscribers may find themselves surprised with slower data speeds. As of today, MTN is introducing new measures that will manage usage speeds for its BIS users that "regularly download and stream large amounts of content outside of MTN’s fair usage policies,". MTN says the actions are necessary because, those users are impacting MTN's network capacity.

This is not the first time a carrier has regulated BIS traffic for their subscribers. A few months ago Vodacom implemented similar measures, by moving its BlackBerry users to a new system that would prevent users from abusing its BIS services. SA carriers are concerned about BlackBerry users abusing their fair usage policy, and are taking steps to stop it.

Vodacom reported that one user managed to download over 332GB of data in just one month. Now that's a far cry from the average users data usage per month, but carriers like MTN and Vodacom are seeing increased data usage from BlackBerry power users and are taking steps to control it.

Bandwidth throttling is nothing new among ISP's, but is fairly new for mobile carriers. With more carriers implementing bandwidth throttling one has to wonder if their carrier is next.

http://www.blackberryos.com/content/mtn-nigeria-throttle-blackberry-usage-speeds-subscribers-4444/
Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by yinchar(m): 11:02am On Dec 02, 2012
All hail the emmm teeee hennnnn
Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by amaboss(m): 11:05am On Dec 02, 2012
332gb, wow that's huge.
Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by kelsonpoint(m): 11:05am On Dec 02, 2012
I said it, dats the only thing making blackberry important in Nigeria.once dey limit ur data usage everybody will eventually switch over to Android or iPhones grin

6 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 02, 2012
can someone pls speak english..wat are they saying??

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by spothot: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2012
This is utter rubbish. Mtn bb packages always come with data limit even though they claim to be unlimited packages; so why the unnecessary throttling?

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by kevoh(m): 11:10am On Dec 02, 2012
Wait oh shocked ! Is it the 1.5Gb data or so they give us for BIS and stylishly call it unlimited that they still want to reduce the speed? #smh
Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by donfemzy: 11:12am On Dec 02, 2012
ALL HAIL THE WORST NETWORK IN NIGERIA.........EMPTYHEN!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by spothot: 11:12am On Dec 02, 2012
kevoh: Wait oh shocked ! Is it the 1.5Gb data or so they give us for BIS and stylishly call it unlimited that they still want to reduce the soped? #smh
.....exactly
Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by honeric01(m): 11:15am On Dec 02, 2012
kels on point: I said it, dats the only thing making blackberry important in Nigeria.once dey limit ur data usage everybody will eventually switch over to Android or iPhones grin

That's just it, then bad market for BIS and the maker
Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by helixmanager: 11:23am On Dec 02, 2012
That means they lack controls,how can a user consume over 300GB shocked shocked shocked

Meanwhile,MTN should also bring up data showing millions of BB users under utilizing their data bundles like 100mb X 1million users in a month.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by minudus: 11:25am On Dec 02, 2012
Rubbish Network.. They don hammer for ninja .. Make NCC and Ninja Govt chase them back to SA..
M-Manage
T-The
N-Network

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by RedLight1: 11:30am On Dec 02, 2012
Stale News
they already did that now.... the highest speed u can get on mtn bb plan is 200kb/sec against their normal speed of 700-800kb/sec... unelse they want o reduce the speed to edge speed which i dont think will be good for them

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by funshybam(m): 11:31am On Dec 02, 2012
though MTN's BB plans (BBC Packages ) come with data limits, the limits have not been implemented!!! QUOTE ME WRONG!!!!
I know BBC is supposed to have 200mb data limit and BBCWEEK 50mb limit, the limits have not been implemented, we still have UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS, ...... UNTIL THEY IMPLEMENT THE ONE THEY ARE PLANNING...

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by Creatrixity(m): 11:34am On Dec 02, 2012
you see wetin vpn users don cause!pesin go download 50 gb per day every week.how dem no go halla!

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 02, 2012
The very moment MTN launches this, I'm off to some other network. The very moment all other networks "Join in". I'm done with Blackberry completely.

angry

6 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by Youngzedd(m): 11:41am On Dec 02, 2012
booqee: can someone pls speak english..wat are they saying??

What they are trying to say is that, those ladies requesting bb bold 5 from their bf should stop it otherwise the speed of flexing will reduce, the cost will increase and there will be no more BBM.

Hope u now understand.

You think say na latin be this.
Anyway todays mass was conducted in latin, so chill.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 02, 2012
Mtn should go to hell...stupid pipz...if they cnt handle it.,,,then they should leave nija
Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by Youngzedd(m): 11:51am On Dec 02, 2012
kels on point: I said it, dats the only thing making blackberry important in Nigeria.once dey limit ur data usage everybody will eventually switch over to Android or iPhones grin

Am already on Android.

This will really affect the price of the unmentionable, eatable, drinkable that is not allowed in Nairaland.

Cyber cafe, pc users will be affected, cos I know of niggaz that download upto 15gb per day.

Etisalat on the way.
Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by Ryabcool(m): 11:53am On Dec 02, 2012

Vodacom reported that one user managed to
download over 332GB of data in just one month.

bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Na the size of the hard disk on my lappy be that o! CHEI! LMAOOOOO!
Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by Brisingr(m): 12:01pm On Dec 02, 2012
And here I am feeling guilty for pulling 10gig in a month,clearly I need to up my game.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by jmaine: 12:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
MTN BIS bandwidth is unlimited . . .tested and confirmed . . . .
Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 02, 2012
330GB !!!So I've been falling hands since, I only make use of 700mb a month and I thought its too much. Well I was planing of making use of dis vpn dis week. Someone told me Mtn can't stop it. So pd-proxy and sandwich, which is beta in terms of speed.
Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by mrkels(m): 12:30pm On Dec 02, 2012
Well I won't blame mtn , that their unlimited DL is something else, I use glo and they limit me to 3G per month. Seems the abuse is getting too much from users. Carry on mtn.
Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 02, 2012
I won't be surprised if mtn reduces to 50mb. Then again, is the article referring to mtn Nigeria or mtn SA?

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by geswith: 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2012
there so many people who don't even use 50mb of their MTN bb data plan a month.MTN should also show us the log of all those millions who use next to nothing.especially those who only use it for receiving only e-mails.well i dont blame them for such a nonsensical statement when their counterparts in other countries are thinking of upgrading their bb speed to 4G and ultra fast speeds with no limits and more concerned about keeping their clients hocked to their networks with plenty of benefits.well i dont blame MTN.it is the NCC i blame for allowing such ranting and excesses when we pay the highest tariffs in the world.south african companies; a bunch of ingrates.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by yemi2plus(m): 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
uihebom: 330GB !!!So I've been falling hands since, I only make use of 700mb a month and I thought its too much. Well I was planing of making use of dis vpn dis week. Someone told me Mtn can't stop it. So pd-proxy and sandwich, which is beta in terms of speed.
TweakwareVPN by Casts
Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by geswith: 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2012
it is even rumoured MTN AND OTHER MOBILE PROVIDERS in collaboration with NCC are frustrating other would be ISP's because their cheap internet service would be disastrous to them.
Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by Chrisfab: 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2012
MTN=Manage This Network Everywhere You Go
>--Çhrî$fâb-->

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by geswith: 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2012
is that they have too many bb subscribers that they cant handle or what.but not complaining of collecting the money
Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by onatisi(m): 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
Youngzedd:

What they are trying to say is that, those ladies requesting bb bold 5 from their bf should stop it otherwise the speed of flexing will reduce, the cost will increase and there will be no more BBM.

Hope u now understand.

You think say na latin be this.
Anyway todays mass was conducted in latin, so chill.
guy i gbadun ur style
Re: MTN Nigeria Throttle Blackberry Usage Speeds For Subscribers. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 02, 2012
+10,000

Chrisfab: MTN=Manage This Network Everywhere You Go
>--Çhrî$fâb-->

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rumored Specs And Spy Information For Tecno's Latest Camon Series. / Mi-tribe A500 Replacements / 12.3m Subscribers Await SIM Linkage With NIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.