Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) (19827 Views)

West Brom Vs Chelsea (2 - 3) On 23rd August 2015 / West Brom Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 18th May 2015 / Manchester United Vs West Brom (0 - 1) On 2nd May 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2012
West Brom defender Liam Ridgewell, 28, squats over a toilet and wipes his backside with a wad of £20 notes. Scattered on the floor in front of him are dozens more £20 notes, totalling almost £1,000.

The Premier League star, who earns at least £20,000 a week, is apparently using the cash instead of toilet roll. He claims the sick stunt was simply a “joke” to wind up a friend — but it will infuriate more than just his pal.

It’s a photo that will enrage hard-working football fans across Britain.

Ridgewell’s weekly wage is equivalent to the average annual salary in the West Midlands — one of the most deprived areas in the country.

The disgraceful snap — taken in the bathroom of Ridgewell’s £1.5million home in Barnt Green, Birmingham — was sent to The Sun by a West Brom fan who asked not to be named.
He said: “The people of West Bromwich earn a fraction of what this idiot earns yet he makes a mockery of his good fortune like this. It makes me sick”. “We’ve always thought footballers were arrogant, overpaid buffoons and this just proves it”.

Ridgewell, an unused sub in his side’s 1-0 defeat to Stoke yesterday, apologised last night.

He said: “The photo was taken in the privacy of my home around eight months ago as a joke to wind up a mate, who I had just won a personal bet with”. “I only intended him to see the photo but now it’s public, I can understand how it will be viewed. I am sorry for any offence it causes”.

A spokesman for West Brom, currently fifth in the Premier League, said: “This is a private issue for Liam that has become public. “It does not put the club in a good light and we will deal with the matter internally”.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4676674/liam-ridgewell-wipes-backside-with-20-pound-notes.html

Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by jhydebaba(m): 3:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
The money is just too much for these footballers, imagine what Ronaldo, Messi etc will do with cash!!! Madness and craziness in display.
In other news...
I'm gonna make my dough and do shyte.

2 Likes

Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by 3direct: 4:14pm On Dec 02, 2012
The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused. this s not ridgewell

Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by kawazaki(m): 4:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
Only 20K per week and !!

Anyway it could be a fake picture

1 Like

Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by mikuz(m): 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2012
OMG . . .and this made the news?
Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2012
Footballers wages need to be deregulated.....

1 Like

Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by news9ja: 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2012
Its fake, you can't insult UK money and go Scot free..

VERY STALE and DUMB NEWS.
Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by topsyking: 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2012
OMG..if I fit get my hand on dose note..I go go wash am and change am for ABOKI for sabo...my pounds where r u

3 Likes

Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by Flygerian1(m): 5:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
Consign me?!
Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by ebamma3: 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2012
20pounds that is about 4k to 5k that money don reach me to chop food for one week,

1 Like

Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by Chedarking: 5:50pm On Dec 02, 2012
Damn...

This kind of pay is what made 60 year old Yakubu claim he was 25, 40 year old Taye taiwo claim he was 24, and ex-policeman Julius Aghahowa claim he was 19..

Simply put, Football money is the Sh1t (Pun intended)

I should have been a footballer

Damn...

4 Likes

Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by alkadriyar(m): 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2012
There are animals in human flesh.
Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2012
Na excess money dey worry am,he needs to be punished
Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by topsyking: 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2012
ebamma 3: 20pounds that is about 4k to 5k that money don reach me to chop food for one week,
Guy, u mean one month
Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by NAIRA25(m): 5:53pm On Dec 02, 2012
OMOOO,IF NA NAIJA,MAKE THE GUY GO DISPOSE AM FOR WASTE BIN, NAIJA BOIZ GO CARRY AM,USE SUNLIGHT WASH AM,DRY DEN FLEX WITH BABES....MONEY OVER EVERYFIN......
Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by alkadriyar(m): 5:54pm On Dec 02, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Footballers wages need to be deregulated.....
are they currently being regulated?

4 Likes

Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by justwise(m): 5:56pm On Dec 02, 2012
Its not fake news, he did it for a 'joke' with friends and the clip end up online

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4676674/liam-ridgewell-wipes-backside-with-20-pound-notes.html
Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by marleygab(m): 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
That guy is in some very serious trouble
Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by pomporiking: 6:09pm On Dec 02, 2012
Who cares??how is that my business the guy works for his money..you think 90mins of epl football is a joke abi..cos ure watching it you think its easy

2 Likes

Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by pomporiking: 6:09pm On Dec 02, 2012
Who cares??how is that my business the guy works for his money..you think 90mins of epl football na joke abi..cos ure watching it you think its easy
Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by baby124: 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2012
So stupid. What can cause someone to doom themselves? See what boredom can cause. I hope he keeps the endorsements and salary after this. Hopefully in the near future he wouldn't have to beg for 20pounds.smh.
Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by shyna501: 6:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
Iڪ he alright?
Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2012
I totally see the humour in this. No biggie.

He won a bet, against his friend, and he's just messing around in good fun - trying to show his friend 'what' he's doing with the money he won. You know how we guys are wink.

An there's no way he's gonna wipe his bum with cash - too small, too slipery. Guy was just having fun.

3 Likes

Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by Zi: 6:15pm On Dec 02, 2012
This is not hygienic angry
Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by yomalex(m): 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2012
A joke gone awry
Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by NessaFresh(f): 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2012
This z really sexy
Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by dadicvila(m): 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2012
ebamma 3: 20pounds that is about 4k to 5k that money don reach me to chop food for one week,
which food??why not say Garri??no be only Garri you dey chop??

1 Like

Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by dridowu: 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2012
White man and stupid mentality
Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by kaydibs(f): 6:30pm On Dec 02, 2012
Stevechibu: Na excess money dey worry am,he needs to be punished
Punished for what? Didn't he work for the money? Did he pick it on the road? I think what he did is really stewpid and senseless but its still his money. Football is one profession that the pay is over too much
Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
May he meet a Yahoo boy in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) by ABAKA72(m): 6:40pm On Dec 02, 2012
Too much money = too much stupidity. Lol...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Manchester City: FA Cup Semi Final (1 - 2) On April 14, 2013 / Norwich Vs Chelsea (1 - 3) On 10th March 2022 / Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton (1 - 2) On 29th November 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.