Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,817 members, 7,817,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

I Have Economics Or Banking/finance In Mind - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Economics Or Banking/finance In Mind (1461 Views)

Two Admissions: Uniport (marketing) &RSUST (banking & Finance), Which Is Better? / Two Admissions: Uniport (marketing) & UST (banking & Finance), Which Is Better? / Buz Admin, Accounting Or Banking & Finance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Economics Or Banking/finance In Mind by jonuel: 10:23am On Feb 12, 2008
i was told its risky to choose 2 fed institution for jamb. i want to choose Calabar/uyo or Abuja for ma course Economics or banking/finance. was also told student who choice fed institution as 2nd choose institution dont get invited for post jamb. how tru is this
Re: I Have Economics Or Banking/finance In Mind by laplace(m): 3:44am On Feb 14, 2008
Some of your fears are true. Most federal universities consider second choice as second choice indeed. They may have to give preference to their first choice candidates. However, to the best of my knowledge, they invite all candidates who indicated them as either first or second choice. From experience, you may have no need to apply to two different federal universities. Consider this: Apply to the same very good university, but choose two different courses. For instance, a typical biological science srudent may apply for Medicine (or Pharmacy) as first choice and Microbiology (or Biochemistry) as second choice. You may apply for Economics as first choice and pick a less competitive course as your second choice. I wish you the best.
Re: I Have Economics Or Banking/finance In Mind by eruolohun: 2:30pm On Feb 14, 2008
I'll advise you go for Economics. Economics covers banking and finance. It is more marketable and more respected.

The major challenge however is that Economics is more difficult. In other words, efforts and natural academic ability that can earn you 2-1 in Banking abd Finance may only earn you 2-2 in Economics.

Also admission into Economics is usually more competitive than into B&F.

All the best!!!
Re: I Have Economics Or Banking/finance In Mind by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:48am On Feb 17, 2008
Well it depends on the university of your choice, am in University of ibadan now studying Economics, which was my second choice, and even some of my friends also made UI their second choice and are in now. However some Federal Uviiversities wouldn't even consider your form if you made it second choice so make your research well, and the place of prayers go a long way

(1) (Reply)

Plz Help This Lady, She Wants To Kill Herself / Uniben 2012/2013 Admission / Babcock Medical School Or Bowen Medical School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.