Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him (3824 Views)

Emenike Blasts NFF For ‘disrespecting’ Yobo’s Testimonial / Siasia Blasts Manu Garba’s “poor Tactics” / NFF Never Summoned Me To An Emergency Meeting - Keshi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by kachy: 9:11pm On Dec 02, 2012
Former Nigeria international, Samson Siasia has exclusively told supersport.com that the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) never wanted him as head coach of the Super Eagles.

Siasia coached the Nigeria national team between 2010 and 2011 but was sacked following the Super Eagles’ failure to qualify for the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.

With his successor, Stephen Keshi successfully steering the Super Eagles to a place at the 2013 finals in South Africa, Siasia has now revealed that he lived on borrowed time as Nigeria head coach.

“These guys (at the NFF) never wanted me. It was the Nigerian public that actually wanted me to coach the Super Eagles. What the NFF did was to invite a lawyer from the United States during the signing of my contract. It was like a set-up and I ended up signing a bad contract,” Siasia told supersport.com.

Siasia said "several things happened" which prevented him from delivering the 2012 Afcon ticket to Nigerians.

“I wanted to get that ticket for Nigerians but several things happened and I failed. But in life you have to learn from your mistakes and I have learnt,” he said.

The former Nantes striker then took the time to voice his sentiments about a proposed return to the national team as coach.

“When I come back again as coach of the Super Eagles, I will not make the mistakes I made earlier. I will get a lawyer to look at the contract. They will advise me on what to do.

“(Present Nigeria coach), Stephen Keshi has the same contract and it is sad. It is sad because if (the NFF) continues to fire coaches at will, when are we going to have a coach that will stay for a very long time to build a good team?

“That’s why Nigeria continues to fail at international level,” he concluded.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/sports/eagles-coaching-job-siasia-blasts-nff/

1 Like

Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by dominique(f): 10:58am On Dec 03, 2012
Bad looser! Such silly excuse to make for your poor performance (reminds me of a certain Bayelsa man). what Kind of contract did he sign when he took the under 20 and U23 to the finals of the junior world cup and olympics respectively? Just admit you were not up to the task.

“When I come back again as coach of the
Super Eagles, I will not make the
mistakes I made earlier. I will get a lawyer
to look at the contract. They will advise
me on what to do.

when ke? Or if undecided

2 Likes

Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by Afam4eva(m): 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2012
Siasia should keep quiet...

That's how they desperately sign contracts and still regretting later. Na by force to be super eagles coach?
Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2012
Get a Lawyer? Dats if you ever come back.. grin
Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by chiswaggs: 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2012
So you did not seek legal advice before signing your contract? In the 21st century?
Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by HAH: 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2012
He is right, I was with one of the top NFF official abroad when he was sacked and official confirmed to me that, siasia was actually appointed due to public pressure if not they prefered keshi and they were lookng for reasons to sack him. well siasia did not help himself either, since you know of your adversaries you just failed and played into their hands.
Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by 3direct: 12:36pm On Dec 03, 2012
Siasia should sleep... he sucks..keshi rocks

Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by ceejay80s(m): 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2012
dominique: Bad looser! Such silly excuse to make for your poor performance (reminds me of a certain Bayelsa man). what Kind of contract did he sign when he took the under 20 and U23 to the finals of the junior world cup and olympics respectively? Just admit you were not up to the task.

when ke? Or if undecided
Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by BrutusOj(m): 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2012
Siasa it' beta u keep mute.u crucified ursef wit ego.Nex time u learn to coperate wit key players,how dare u drop de whole vincent Enyeama who Messi of all ppl testified as a gud shot stoper after d 2010 world cup,to make mata worst u shuned Osaze who was hoter dan fire dn..
Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by ceejay80s(m): 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
dominique: Siasia said "several things happened" which prevented him from delivering the 2012 Afcon ticket to Nigerians.

several things like "HOW MUCH BE MY CUT/SHARE & U GO PUT MY TOWN MAN IN THE GAME" we all know wetin dey naija, the guy refused to settle and if i be coach & na from hausa all 11 players come from, let dem play if they are good, no be say gov. of ogun or edo go call say make him town man dey squad, for me, siasia is better than keshi,
Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by honeric01(m): 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2012
Currently, which team or club is he coaching? i thought he was so hot that clubs in the EPL were queuing up to sign him?

1 Like

Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by Lordave: 1:06pm On Dec 03, 2012
honeric01: Currently, which team or club is he coaching? i thought he was so hot that clubs in the EPL were queuing up to sign him?
el kanemi warriors of borno grin

1 Like

Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by vandarsar(m): 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2012
I never knew he signed a bad contract too.... Nigerian coaches wont learn!
Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by Napolitano(m): 2:07pm On Dec 03, 2012
Siasia as a coach, is very unpopular among his players. While he was coach, all we could hear was trouble and disgruntleness in the Eagle's camp. I think now it is better. Apart from contract issues, Siasia should learn that being a good coach is not all about being too strict. I wish him the best. However, I always preferred Keshi from the start.

1 Like

Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by hollandis(f): 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2012
siasia has himself to blame
Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by femiseun1: 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2012
Siasia will come back. Naija sabi recycle them.
Festus Onigbinde
Austin Eguavoen
Amodu shaibu

They all came twice so what stops siasia from coming back in 3 - 4 years time under another NFF board
Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2012
No sir! It wasn't d bad contract dat made u nt 2 perform; u were 2 rigid 2 bend & lace ur shoes, so it came undone in d middle of d dance.
Pls doz siasia remind any 1 of Rotimi Amechi?
Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by SIRCONFIDENCE(m): 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2012
Siasia shoud shut up his mouth for life, b'cos he failed Nigerians who advocated for his appointment as super eagles coach.
Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by divinelove(m): 7:17pm On Dec 03, 2012
He is too arrogant and immature to handle super eagles dts y he failed. Hw can a coach b fightin all his best players in d name of discipline. Though he has some coachin ability but keshi is more mature
Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by Akiika: 9:29pm On Dec 03, 2012
Firstly, SiaSia is the M.U.M.U for not having a lawyer around before signing a contract. Secondly, if you are operating under an unfriendly environment please RESIGN!!!!!! i think it's a shame that Nigeria failed to qualify for ACN under your watch, it simply eroded all your record. Then, for those blaming this guy for being strict, you have no idea how teams should be run. These players are just too arrogant on top of their bench warming at their respective clubs. There's got to be some discipline for a team to be successful. And as long as those blood sucking vultures remain in NFF, Nigeria football will continue to nosedive.
Re: Siasia Blasts NFF, Says NFF Never Wanted Him by perragy(m): 10:09am On Dec 04, 2012
Siasia should keep his fucking bleeping mouth to a piece... everyone here that knows about soccer world, no coach or whatever u call yourself succeeds when having misunderstanding with his key players [ego]. this same siasia was among the super eagles 'mafia' back then with amokachi (another failure). now he wants to control the affairs of the current money making players trained by world class coaches elsewhere with his egoistic behaviors... [osaze, enyama, mikel laffs at you] ass hole!

(1) (Reply)

Figures Released By The Football Association Showed Liverpool Paid Out More / Ghana 2008 Final: Egypt Vs Cameroon / 19-year-old Super Eagles Goalkeeper Breaks World Cup Record Against Iceland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.