Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

The Danger Of Using Your Mobile Phone While Charging - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Danger Of Using Your Mobile Phone While Charging (2043 Views)

Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation / Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Methylated Spirit To Aid Beard Growth?? / Dangers Of Using Clobetasol Skin Bleaching Creams ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Danger Of Using Your Mobile Phone While Charging by Valiantvaliant(m): 10:32pm On Dec 02, 2012
Many people are guilty of this! I guess you should stop it after reading this and please tell others about it...
A few days ago, a guy was charging his mobile phoneat home. Just at that time a call camein and he answered it with the charging Instrument still connected to the outlet.
Shortly electricity flowed into the cell phone unrestr
ained (maybe there was current fluctuation) and the young man was thrown to the floor with a heavy thud. As you can see, the phone actually exploded.
His parents rushed to the room only to find him unconscious, with a weak heartbeat and burnt fingers.He was rushed to the nearby hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Cell phones are a very useful modern invention. However, we must be aware that it can also be an instrument of death if not handled with care.
Never use the cell phone while it is hooked to the electrical outlet!
If you are charging the cell phone and a call comes in,unplug it from the charger before answering thecall.
Re: The Danger Of Using Your Mobile Phone While Charging by dominique(f): 10:48pm On Dec 02, 2012
Hmm, a lot of people are guilty of this (myself inclusive). I expect to have heard other cases except the one you stated above. Thanks for thje info tho.
Re: The Danger Of Using Your Mobile Phone While Charging by osigbov: 10:49pm On Dec 02, 2012
If u are pinging nko,texting etc?
Re: The Danger Of Using Your Mobile Phone While Charging by Valiantvaliant(m): 6:04am On Dec 03, 2012
I could find no subsequent reports that confirm the actual cause of death. Even if the charging cell phone was the cause of death, the incident does not mean that using a mobile phone while it is charging always represents a significant risk of electrocution. This is clearly untrue. Of course, any device that is connected to mains power is potentially unsafe if the device is faulty or is used inappropriately.
If an inherent risk of electrocutionwere present during normal battery charging, mobile phone manufacturers would ensure that customers were aware of it. They would not expose themselves to multi-million dollar legal actions byneglecting to make users aware of this potential risk. There would also be well-publicized warnings from government authorities and various consumer groups. Moreover, the media would certainly not remain silent on the issue.
When describing the incident, the message states that "after a few seconds electricity flowed into thecell phone unrestrained" and thuselectrocuted the user. Obviously, this is not what is meant to happen, and would only occur if the charging and battery system were not working as intended. An article about battery charger cubes on Howstuffworks.comexplains how such cubes transform normal household AC current down to a low voltage DC current. Thus, if the charger is working correctly, no high voltagecharge should ever reach a person using the device.
Notably, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission does not identify using a cell phone while it is being charged as an unsafe practice in its article about Cell Phone Battery Safety .
This warning may also be fuelled by numerous incidences of exploding cell phones . There havebeen a number of well-documented reports about mobile phone batteries exploding and these explosions have injured some people.
Re: The Danger Of Using Your Mobile Phone While Charging by Valiantvaliant(m): 6:06am On Dec 03, 2012
So from the above we can denote that it's when there is a faulty component in the mobile phone that the danger is posed.
Re: The Danger Of Using Your Mobile Phone While Charging by marvelU(f): 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
I am guilty of this too( Answering a call when my phone is charging) I will stop as soon as possible.

(1) (Reply)

***Buried Baby Found Alive*** / Ebola Alert From US State Department: All You Need To Know. / All About Tooth Decay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.