Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign (7266 Views)

Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers / IYC Rejects Reps Decision On PIB / Jonathan To Spend N6.5bn On State House Operations In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 03, 2012
THE Federal Government is to spend N6.2 billion on an awareness campaign for the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB).

The Minister of Petroleum Resources, Dieziani Alison-Madueke, disclosed this to the National Assembly's Joint Committee on Petroleum Resources (Downstream), Petroleum Resources (Upstream) and Gas, at the 2013 budget defence Thursday.

The minister also disclosed that out of the N2.2 billion allocated to the ministry in the 2012 capital appropriation, only N820 million representing about 41 per cent had so far been released. She added that of the released figure, N759 million, representing 93 per cent had been utilised.

Reacting to the issue of low budgetary implementation in the 2012 appropriation, the Emmanuel Paulkar-led Committee flayed the Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, for the executive's reluctance to release money for the efficient execution of the budget.

Stressing that releasing only 41 per cent of the budget only a month to the end of the fiscal year was unacceptable. The committee expressed worry that even the ministry responsible for revenue generation for the country could suffer a similar fate as other sectors of the economy. This was irrespective of the fact that oil sold far above the benchmark in the 2012 budget.

"Your ministry generates revenue for the country; it is surprising that your appropriation was not fully released. Same thing applied to all sectors of the economy in the 2012 budget in spite of the fact that oil benchmark has been below sale price," he said.

However, while some members of the committee blamed the minister for the overall low implementation of the budget, others attempted to exonerate her on the grounds that the poor release of the budget was the hallmark of the 2012 fiscal year.

"The problem is from the Ministry of Finance. I don't think it is wise holding Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) responsible for low performance since money was not released to them."

Thus, a question put forward by a member of the committee from the House of Representatives on the likely sanctions for low performance of subsequent budgets was over-ruled by the Chairman of the joint committee, Emmanuel Paulkar.

Despite the shortfall in the budget released, the minister said she had succeeded in reducing oil theft from 150,000 barrels to 100,000 a day, gas flaring from 63 per cent to 21 per cent as well as improved gas supply to the electricity sector, which has resulted in an improved power supply.

Meanwhile, the Senate has suspended plenary sitting till December 11 to allow committees complete their works on the appropriation. Before the adjournment, a Conference Report on the Money Laundering Act 2011 (Amendment Bill 2012) was adopted.

The Senate and the House of Representatives had earlier passed the Money Laundering Act on October 17 and October 9, in that order with differences and consequently set up a committee to harmonise the differences.

Source: http://odili.net/news/source/2012/nov/30/18.html
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by takedat(m): 6:45am On Dec 03, 2012
Abacha wherever he is will feel vindicated when compared to GEJ's government in terms of profligacy. A ministry that runs on an annual budget of N2.2billion wants to create awareness on a bill for N6.2billion in 5years, isn't that why budgetary provisions are made for agencies like NOA? Aren't NTA, VON and FRCN government controlled? Sick of this government of MORO.NS

19 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by ypzilanti: 7:40am On Dec 03, 2012
Waste. waste. Waste.
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by PointB: 8:02am On Dec 03, 2012
The question folks should ask is: "Has the N6.2 Billion been approved for this purpose?"
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by taharqa: 8:51am On Dec 03, 2012
Now assuming this #6.2billion is actuali to be usd for publicity (whateva dat means), then it is both wasteful and stu.pid. Howeva, i seriously doubt it; and what to see d Minister being directly quoted as saying it, and also importantly wud want to see the breakdown of the proposd Budgetary spending. Since Oct, many Nigerian newspapers reportd that the Presidency was going to use #1.3billion to feed itself cos they saw d sum as d amount proposd under the heading 'food, entertainment and other expenses' when the actual amount meant for food and entertainment for thousands of ppl (villa residents and guests) was #203million when the details of d that budgetary heading was releasd. Moreova, only #17million was approvd for publicity dis yr from d article, so it hard to bliv dat #6.2billion wud be usd for 5 yrs when only #17m was appropiatd in d main yr of lobbying for the bill..... Lets find out the details sha, and if it is true that #6billion was actuali proposd just for publicity (again, what d heell does dis mean), then it is most wasteful and shld not be approvd by d NA, period

5 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Demdem(m): 9:15am On Dec 03, 2012
so upon all the "undocumented monies" coming in from NNPC even before all sums goes straight to the federation account, this woman still dey complain for allocation. What a crook she is.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by takedat(m): 5:11pm On Dec 03, 2012
taharqa: Now assuming this #6.2billion is actuali to be usd for publicity (whateva dat means), then it is both wasteful and stu.pid. Howeva, i seriously doubt it; and what to see d Minister being directly quoted as saying it, and also importantly wud want to see the breakdown of the proposd Budgetary spending. Since Oct, many Nigerian newspapers reportd that the Presidency was going to use #1.3billion to feed itself cos they saw d sum as d amount proposd under the heading 'food, entertainment and other expenses' when the actual amount meant for food and entertainment for thousands of ppl (villa residents and guests) was #203million when the details of d that budgetary heading was releasd. Moreova, only #17million was approvd for publicity dis yr from d article, so it hard to bliv dat #6.2billion wud be usd for 5 yrs when only #17m was appropiatd in d main yr of lobbying for the bill..... Lets find out the details sha, and if it is true that #6billion was actuali proposd just for publicity (again, what d heell does dis mean), then it is most wasteful and shld not be approvd by d NA, period

2 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by drnoel: 9:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
They should just tell us how much of the money is going into private pockets and into whose pocket..

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by KokoBeware: 9:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
taharqa: Now assuming this #6.2billion is actuali to be usd for publicity (whateva dat means), then it is both wasteful and stu.pid. Howeva, i seriously doubt it; and what to see d Minister being directly quoted as saying it, and also importantly wud want to see the breakdown of the proposd Budgetary spending. Since Oct, many Nigerian newspapers reportd that the Presidency was going to use #1.3billion to feed itself cos they saw d sum as d amount proposd under the heading 'food, entertainment and other expenses' when the actual amount meant for food and entertainment for thousands of ppl (villa residents and guests) was #203million when the details of d that budgetary heading was releasd. Moreova, only #17million was approvd for publicity dis yr from d article, so it hard to bliv dat #6.2billion wud be usd for 5 yrs when only #17m was appropiatd in d main yr of lobbying for the bill..... Lets find out the details sha, and if it is true that #6billion was actuali proposd just for publicity (again, what d heell does dis mean), then it is most wasteful and shld not be approvd by d NA, period

Bross ur head get oil!!!... Tot I was the only one that didn't see where she said she'll spend that amount...

3 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by jimino(m): 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2012
Anoda means 4 them 2 loot our money. Looters, thieves,

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Akiika: 9:59pm On Dec 03, 2012
No comment! wetin no dey happen from crazy land naija. Pikin dey born him papa! But seriously, GEJ has broken the record as the most incompetent, clueless govt' in the world. I thought this GEJ guy claims to bag a PHd. This is preposterous! an aberration of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by chuquiz(m): 10:00pm On Dec 03, 2012
You all wanted "fresh Air" , dont complain my fellow 9ja people, receive 02, receive!! cheesy
i dont see any policy making an impact on Nigerians, only the negative ones are immediately felt, all na fresh air join,lol

3 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Pergrace: 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2012
Will the awareness be displayed on a gold plated billboard? Abi na for CNN they go run the campaign? Anyway,na still person go benefit from this money
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Redmosquito(m): 10:08pm On Dec 03, 2012
Minion: My Lord! The Nigerian government has used 6,2 billion to.......
Hades: Young one! Please! undecided Do you not grow weary of all this thief thief story undecided All this news of theft is getting boring
Minion: Ummmmmm...... I agree My King!! I dont know why people still broadcast it sef

4 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by jimino(m): 10:11pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hw wil dis news reduce d cost of fud items in d market?
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by 3direct: 10:12pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ok.. another means to re-steal

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
The way dis people dey call money eh....pesin fit go rob bank i swear! Lord please may i not be tempted o! 6.2billion for campaign awareness! Jesu gba wa o!
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2012
Arise o compashuuuuuuuuuuuuuun
Nigerians scollobeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
To sarve our fadas laaaaaaaaaand
With love and strent and faiiiiiiiiiiith
Da labo of awa heroes pass
Shall neva be in veiiiiiiiiiiiin
To sarve with haaaaaat and maiiiiiithy
One nashun band in freeeeeeedom, piiiiiisssssss and uniiiiiityyyyy

We aint seen nothing yet.

7 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by PastorOla1: 10:32pm On Dec 03, 2012
6.2Billion WHAT? This is crazy! Are we setting up PIB Cable Network? God Punish satan.

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Olaone1: 10:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
And a committee must investigate the effectiveness of this awareness oo.

grin grin grin

6.2? Ehm . . ehm . . I wanna become a property agent in Dubai. If dem never take the money buy property for Dubai already

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by sheyma: 10:36pm On Dec 03, 2012
@ this point I just have to say, I miss abacha

2 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 03, 2012
Can't that money construct a 6 * 10 story mass housing buildings for people in some city in Nigeria? To solve Nigerian basic facilities is very easy just that the leaders are not ready to do that.
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by 1forall: 10:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
Where are the suicide bombers when you need them?

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by omowolewa: 10:44pm On Dec 03, 2012
So how much will they spend on its implementation.

SLS won't see this rubbish now,but when it comes to Civil servant's salary he will be fast at calling for 50% downsize of labor force. Mtchew!

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Nickydrake(m): 10:46pm On Dec 03, 2012
blink182: Arise o compashuuuuuuuuuuuuuun
Nigerians scollobeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
To sarve our fadas laaaaaaaaaand
With love and strent and faiiiiiiiiiiith
Da labo of awa heroes pass
Shall neva be in veiiiiiiiiiiiin
To sarve with haaaaaat and maiiiiiithy
One nashun band in freeeeeeedom, piiiiiisssssss and uniiiiiityyyyy

We aint seen nothing yet.

grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by kaysy(m): 10:48pm On Dec 03, 2012
since it has been confirmed that too much book dey cause intelligence and too much intelligence dey cause madness (mental illness) i think we should stop voting in all these PhD holders into power and focus more on HND & Bsc cos the GEJ led Govt has proven that research to be true
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by HVILLE: 10:48pm On Dec 03, 2012
wetin now? After a hard day at work person wan come relax 4 hse,some fools 4 abuja just wan steal money and there no dey fear God again
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
What a waste of resources!
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by ayodot(m): 10:57pm On Dec 03, 2012
everytime turn around, Nigeria is going CRAZY, O GaGa going CRAZY , This country is going CRAZY........CRAZY.........

Make una follow dance azonto to the tune.....
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Ozonna(m): 11:05pm On Dec 03, 2012

I wonder how most guys that commented missed ur points here. However, What really caught my attention was what might have been the reason behind NOI refusal to release @ least 60% of budgeted funds of the Min Of Petrol.

I wonder, I just wonder (In Olu Jacobs voice)

2 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Teejayphillip(m): 11:05pm On Dec 03, 2012
N6.2billion Jus 4 bill alone... I bow 4 dis country oo.. Why pple ® sufferin,dem dey pass unnecessary Allison bill...

Letz wait 4 d rest of d ministry sectors 2 pass dia own bill alzo... Wen dey finish d money,we go dey Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ wetin we go dey spend...

Ave neva seen a wasteful n clueless govt as dis in my life.. God help us b4 tis tu late
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Osama10(m): 11:05pm On Dec 03, 2012
Foolish country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue / How Lagosians Celebrated Christmas In The Year 1923 (photos) / Oyebanji Inaugurates Ekiti Agro Marshals To Protect Farmlands, Schools, Palaces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.