Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:28 AM

Obama, Can He Make History? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama, Can He Make History? (2358 Views)

If Obama Can Be Accused Of Dictatorship By Republicans; Buhari Should Ignore PDP / Obama Can Not Hide His Love For Arabs/muslims / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Could Make History On Two Counts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama, Can He Make History? by loma(m): 8:17am On Feb 20, 2008
Folks, I just came back from the Obama rally at the Toyota Center in Houston. It was historic!

Ladies and gentlemen, please rise to welcome the winner of the Winsconsin primaries, and the next President of the United States of America,

I felt a part of history. His speech was even more inspiring standing few feet away from me. Obama in flesh and blood.Texas, Yes we can!
Re: Obama, Can He Make History? by fatherab1: 10:15am On Feb 20, 2008
Be it in sports (check major international clubs), be it in governance (remember Koffi Anan) even in religion etc BLACK PEOPLE ARE NATURAL LEADERS/GURUS. Forget the fact that slavery has affected us negatively, look at the African continent as A GUN, observe NIGERIA as the TRIGER.
GO OBAMA! NO SHAKING!!
Re: Obama, Can He Make History? by Blatant: 10:56am On Feb 20, 2008
father ab:

Be it in sports (check major international clubs), be it in governance (remember Koffi Anan) even in religion etc BLACK PEOPLE ARE NATURAL LEADERS/GURUS. Forget the fact that slavery has affected us negatively, look at the African continent as A GUN, observe NIGERIA as the TRIGER.
GO OBAMA! NO SHAKING!!

Obama is not more of a black man than he is a white man. Please always remember that Obama is also a white man.

African continent as a gun and the trigger being Nigeria what a joke.

That must be a gun of corruption which can only explode on the continent and the effect will be felt on the continent alone.
Re: Obama, Can He Make History? by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 20, 2008
i once said that americans would rather see a woman/animal in the white house than a black or jew. i must say that his victories have challenged that pessimistic idea thoroughly. however, i will still wait to see the final 'drama' that will unfold, because for all of america's claim to transracial equality, they still have their idiosyncracies and their so-called exemplary democracy is not so exemplary.

even if he wins the democrats ticket, i will not be surprised if they still pull a rabbit trick at the elections proper.

i hope he wins; at least for the sake of all blacks/minority races who are truly the bedrock of america's economy and successes, and yet have not ever dared dream for the presidency. even if he doesn't, he will have made a strong point: if we contribute to building the american dream, then we should be allowed a chance to truly live it.

go obama! you rock!
Re: Obama, Can He Make History? by SegzyJoe(m): 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2008
Texazzpete,

it is a waste of valuable time discussin with an incurable critic like you, you re always in every section proving and disproofing, anyway, inability to respect others opinion and temptation to criticize to the point of calling fellow landers "IDIOT" speaks volumes of your personality and reflect a weakness of character and a negative mindset. Intolerance of others opinion itself betrays a deep rooted character problem that stems from inner insecurity and selfishness, and consequently a defensive and destructive attitude that never see good thing about other people.

Everything is learnt, am sure you can learn through conscious effort to upgrade your mind from the realm of mental negativity to a realm of mental positivity. I actually would ve disregard your reply if I know that's what you do in every section of this forum.

I promise, I won't take you up on this again, but I leave you the word of a great thinker Socrates:

"He who knows not and knows not that He knows not is a Fool !
He who knows not and knows that He knows not is a wise Man !

A word is enough for the wise !
Re: Obama, Can He Make History? by Horus(m): 9:06pm On Feb 20, 2008
Barack Obama after winning Wisconsin - 1
Video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JfRWwZNv6FA&feature=user

Barack Obama after winning Wisconsin - 2
Video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R1AvNqnramA&feature=user
Re: Obama, Can He Make History? by shashxxl(m): 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2008
Ladies and Gents my name is JL Shash a seasoned writer and author for journals and magazines in the UK and USA. I have written a lot of articles on various topics especially that of Democrats in US elections I have read a lot of all your insightful commentaries and I would love to invite you to my newly launched website www.mistawrite.com to post comments and opinions in the 'Discussion' forum.

Regarding Obama and Clinton this is my opinion in the article I wrote on my website in the below url link (feel free to join the discussion forums because I personally feel Obama is on his way to making history), Thank you all

http://www.mistawrite.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60:us-elections-gender-or-race&catid=42:articles&Itemid=63
Re: Obama, Can He Make History? by texazzpete(m): 8:16am On Feb 21, 2008
SegzyJoe:

Texazzpete,

it is a waste of valuable time discussin with an incurable critic like you, you re always in every section proving and disproofing, anyway, inability to respect others opinion and temptation to criticize to the point of calling fellow landers "IDIOT" speaks volumes of your personality and reflect a weakness of character and a negative mindset. Intolerance of others opinion itself betrays a deep rooted character problem that stems from inner insecurity and selfishness, and consequently a defensive and destructive attitude that never see good thing about other people.

Everything is learnt, am sure you can learn through conscious effort to upgrade your mind from the realm of mental negativity to a realm of mental positivity. I actually would ve disregard your reply if I know that's what you do in every section of this forum.

I promise, I won't take you up on this again, but I leave you the word of a great thinker Socrates:

"He who knows not and knows not that He knows not is a Fool !
He who knows not and knows that He knows not is a wise Man !

A word is enough for the wise !

grin

So in addition to your fondness for illogical psycho-babble, you specialize in bubblegum psychology abi?

For the record, i AM intolerant of illogical statements. bite me, but i'm a firm believer in logic. Your post lacked that vital value. ergo, i took exception to it.

ironic that YOu should utter that Socrates quote when you're the one propounding wrong theories.
I'm glad you've decided not to engage me in further conversation. i've long written you off as a distraction, nothing more.

best wishes
Re: Obama, Can He Make History? by fatherab1: 8:43am On Feb 21, 2008
Blatant:

Obama is not more of a black man than he is a white man. Please always remember that Obama is also a white man.

African continent as a gun and the trigger being Nigeria what a joke.

That must be a gun of corruption which can only explode on the continent and the effect will be felt on the continent alone.

1. You do not understand that it is Obama's father that is an African not his mother. The blood that flows in a person is that of the father not the mother. That is why blood test confirms the fatherhood of a child. Go, ask your family doctor.
2. You seem to possess a mindframe that looks down on your own country just because of it's history of corruption. The first thing young men like you should change is not their country but their mindset. With that the repairing Nigeria is half done. Afterall in every term except development, Nigeria surpasses every African country.
Re: Obama, Can He Make History? by almondjoy(f): 9:23am On Feb 21, 2008
father ab:

1. You do not understand that it is Obama's father that is an African not his mother. The blood that flows in a person is that of the father not the mother. That is why blood test confirms the fatherhood of a child. Go, ask your family doctor.

2. You seem to possess a mindframe that looks down on your own country just because of it's history of corruption. The first thing young men like you should change is not their country but their mindset. With that the repairing Nigeria is half done. Afterall in every term except development, Nigeria surpasses every African country.

I think both mother's and father's blood flows in any child--through the power of genetics. The only reason the "paternity" test is done is to find out who the real dad is in case of "doubt". In most cases, there is no question who the mother is. There are tests to find out "maternity" status too. It also involves blood and other bodily fluids.
Re: Obama, Can He Make History? by fatherab1: 10:44am On Feb 21, 2008
Thanks for the reminder however, we all know that Obama is an African first b4 being an American. Afteral he bears his father's name and called AFRICAN-american. Let's not deviate from the topic please.
Re: Obama, Can He Make History? by almondjoy(f): 5:23pm On Feb 21, 2008
It is good to get the basic information on what kinds of political candidates you wish to support so you do not sound as ignorant as this:

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/02/20/clinton-v-obama-legislative-accomplishments/

The reason I say--please get the facts and choose wisely, for one is as good as the other! All look the same!
Re: Obama, Can He Make History? by tpia: 12:10am On Feb 22, 2008
@ father ab:
The blood that flows in a person is that of the father not the mother. That is why blood test confirms the fatherhood of a child.

father ab:

Thanks for the reminder however, we all know that Obama is an African first before being an American. Afteral he bears his father's name and called AFRICAN-american. Let's not deviate from the topic please.

ehen!!!!!!!

is there anything one wont hear on this site!!!! shocked shocked

so blood tests can't confirm maternal lineage?

The mama blood no dey inside im pikin bodi?

Anyway, with cloning all of una go get ya wish sooner or later. Please make una support cloning research o.

So Obama is an African man running for the office of president of the United States? 

[s]no wonder that spraying thread is so lively. People fight tooth and nail to maintain million year old way of life[/s]

Let me see if I can leave this thread alone o. Am so shocked!
Re: Obama, Can He Make History? by almondjoy(f): 12:19am On Feb 22, 2008
tpia:

@ father ab:

ehen!!!!!!!

is there anything one wont hear on this site!!!! shocked shocked

so blood tests can't confirm maternal lineage?

The mama blood no dey inside im pikin bodi?

Anyway, with cloning all of una go get ya wish sooner or later. Please make una support cloning research o.

So Obama is an African man running for the office of president of the United States?

[s]no wonder that spraying thread is so lively. People fight tooth and nail to maintain million year old way of life[/s]

Let me see if I can leave this thread alone o. Am so shocked!

Apparently not! grin
This gets better!

ROFALMCFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin

This tpia sef!

Nairaland go kill pesin one day ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! cry
Re: Obama, Can He Make History? by Blatant: 11:26am On Feb 26, 2008
father ab:

I dont want to talk about the blood test again cos some people already enlightened you (hopefully) about that. However, I will be happy if you can tell me that you will call a child white if his/her mother is black and the father is white.

You seem to suddenly know what my mind is with regards to my own country. Perhaps if you change your mindset, you'll better appreciate that other people might reason differently from the way you reason. You do seem to assume a lot of things and this suggests to me that you're narrow-minded: I may be wrong but I strongly believe that for now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Farouk Mutallab Passed Through Lagos Airport Twice with Bomb Undetected / Do You Support Ibb 2011 Presidential Ambition? / Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Tributes To Ojukwu And Other Striking Tributes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.