Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 (2718 Views)

*~Fynestboi Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2013 *~ Congratulations!!! / *~Sexkillz Voted Moderator Of The Year 2012 *~ Congratulations / *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by mukina2: 11:57am On Dec 03, 2012
Hi Mods.

How's the linking, locking, moving and deleting going ? grin

Thanks for making the forum habitable for everyone, each and every one of you have done well in your respective sections, we keep growing as a forum and we will keep on moving on up, if we continue to work together as a unified team. smiley

In 2009 we did the mod of the year and only moderators voted and we had no case of multiple voters, or people voting based on popularity.

Last year was terrible.

Mods can see the mod logs and they know who mods well, whose section is under control and who trully deserves to be the moderator of the year.

In 2009 Lawyer Won and Last Year was OAM4J.

Nomination ends in a week from now.

You can nominate 2 people.

smiley
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by ijebabe: 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2012
Oooh nice! OK let me think and I'll be back! cheesy
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by olawalebabs(m): 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2012
This thread ought to be in the general section, so that member can access it.
Will be back for the nomination.
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by mikuz(m): 12:08pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hmmm . . . Thinking . . .
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by mukina2: 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2012
olawalebabs: This thread ought to be in the general section, so that member can access it.
Will be back for the nomination.
nope, just like player of the year awards, we know the players and we know how well they 'play'. The members will vote based on popularity and not on merit.
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by Jarus(m): 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hmmnnnnn, last year which was thrown open was more fun and very keen actually, but we have to make do with this hallowed one, to avoid the shortcoming of popularity contest and multiple ID voting.

Ok. lemme set the ball rolling cheesy

Four mods contesting in my head:

Sexkillz - a thorn in the neck of those stubborn romance posters
Tgirl - quality initiatives and threads
Cuddlemii - good initiative by initiating debate, which we have adopted in our section and working
Maclatunji - reviving and sanitizing the Muslim section

Hmmmnnnnn, tight one there, let me consult the oracle and come back with my final choice grin
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by r231(m): 12:12pm On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by Jarus(m): 12:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
And Oga Mukina2,

Pls help us put our sectional poster of the year threads in homepage o. We need traffic
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by olawalebabs(m): 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2012
mukina2:
nope, just like player of the year awards, we know the players and we know how well they 'play'. The members will vote based on popularity and not on merit.

In that case, Maclatunji has my vote, his effort in the section he moderate deserve commendation.
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by honeric01(m): 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ok......
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by puskin: 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hmmmm.......something should be attached to this award nah
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by Jarus(m): 12:24pm On Dec 03, 2012
puskin: Hmmmm.......something should be attached to this award nah
Make olori oko Seun declare for the boys na cheesy
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by Tgirl4real(f): 12:28pm On Dec 03, 2012
Interesting.

I think it should be opened to the public so that people can nominate and u can screen.

Then I suggest it should be in categories, like most creative, most active and so on.

For creative: I will nominate Cuddle for d debates and how she went about it.

For active: I will go with OAM4J cos he is good at linking, merging and moving threads to the appropriate section. Lol

Secondly, 1forall for proper investigation on the Job/vacancy section

I also like the way Odumchi moderates culture as per his manners.

Rocktation is also trying with events.

And Odunnu is always ready to answer questions.

My nomination is limited to those I follow/interact with and can be biased rather than objective. I'm sure we have other active mods that are doing fine as well. May be a list of Mods and d section they mod will help guide us.
I personally, don't know how many mods we have.
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by mukina2: 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2012
Jarus: And Oga Mukina2,

Pls help us put our sectional poster of the year threads in homepage o. We need traffic

When all the threads are up, i will do a library thread for all threads. that will be on the homepage.
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by maclatunji: 12:31pm On Dec 03, 2012
Cuddlemii for going out of her way to make Literature section more active and out of the steep decline it was in before her emergence as moderator there.
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by Obinoscopy(m): 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2012
I'll go 4 Jarus. His coodination of d political debates is pure masterclass
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by Jarus(m): 12:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
Tgirl4real: Interesting.

I think it should be opened to the public so that people can nominate and u can screen.

Then I suggest it should be in categories, like most creative, most active and so on.

For creative: I will nominate Cuddle for d debates and how she went about it.

For active: I will go with OAM4J cos he is good at linking, merging and moving threads to the appropriate section. Lol

Secondly, 1forall for proper investigation on the Job/vacancy section

I also like the way Odumchi moderates culture as per his manners.

Rocktation is also trying with events.

And Odunnu is always ready to answer questions.

My nomination is limited to those I follow/interact with and can be biased rather than objective. I'm sure we have other active mods that are doing fine as well. May be a list of Mods and d section they mod will help guide us.
I personally, don't know how many mods we have.

I dont think we need a list of mods; I reckon it should be enough to judge based on the ones one consciously or sub-consciously observes in the year. The ones A and B observe may not be the one C & D do, so at the end of the day, it evens out. For example, even with the open approach we used last year, it was glaring that OAM4J deserved, ditto for Lawyer in 2009.

Also, I don't think we need to sub-divide into most creative, most active etc. Modding generally requires being creative, active etc, so one's choice should be based on the weight one attaches to these qualities.

Just my thoughts.
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by Jarus(m): 12:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
mukina2:

When all the threads are up, i will do a library thread for all threads. that will be on the homepage.
Ok ma.
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by nex(m): 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2012
@Mukina2 Can you be nominated for the Moderator Of The Year 2012. I'm still weighing the others though.

I feel the thread should be open to all. A lot of forum members may have some input they may shed more insight on the works of moderators we hardly come by.
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by Slyr0x: 1:02pm On Dec 03, 2012
This is a hard one as Nairaland's got great MODs. .

However, just to fulfill the purpose of this thread, I'll nominate

1. Inspired_m
2. Jarus
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by Odunnu: 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hmmmm, this is going to be a very difficult one.
Let me see. . .

Its got to be. . .

Its really hard. What are the criteria we should use?
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by Jarus(m): 1:07pm On Dec 03, 2012
Jarus: Hmmnnnnn, last year which was thrown open was more fun and very keen actually, but we have to make do with this hallowed one, to avoid the shortcoming of popularity contest and multiple ID voting.

Ok. lemme set the ball rolling cheesy

Four mods contesting in my head:

Sexkillz - a thorn in the neck of those stubborn romance posters
Tgirl - quality initiatives and threads
Cuddlemii - good initiative by initiating debate, which we have adopted in our section and working
Maclatunji - reviving and sanitizing the Muslim section

Hmmmnnnnn, tight one there, let me consult the oracle and come back with my final choice grin
My oracle asks me to settle for one toughie, one diplomat cheesy
No 1 & 4 are toughies, no 2 & 3 are diplomats, so throws up coins and arrives at:
1, Maclatunji
2, Cuddlemii
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by lawyer(m): 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2012
I want my crown back in 2013 grin
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by Jarus(m): 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2012
lawyer: I want my crown back in 2013 grin
Bros, where you dey since 2009. Abi omo onile people don overpower you. cheesy
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by puskin: 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
Jarus:
Make olori oko Seun declare for the boys na cheesy

Yes nah......Seun.....come and declare for the MODs joor.....even if na 10USD LR cool cool.....I go doo ba le for you.
In my opinion we all make things happens in our own little ways.
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by mukina2: 2:10pm On Dec 03, 2012
nex: @Mukina2 Can you be nominated for the Moderator Of The Year 2012. I'm still weighing the others though.

I feel the thread should be open to all. A lot of forum members may have some input they may shed more insight on the works of moderators we hardly come by.
No sir, i cant be nominated smiley

Last year's mod of the year was a disaster.
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by 1forall: 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hmm..
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by Tgirl4real(f): 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2012
Jarus:

I dont think we need a list of mods; I reckon it should be enough to judge based on the ones one consciously or sub-consciously observes in the year. The ones A and B observe may not be the one C & D do, so at the end of the day, it evens out. For example, even with the open approach we used last year, it was glaring that OAM4J deserved, ditto for Lawyer in 2009.

Also, I don't think we need to sub-divide into most creative, most active etc. Modding generally requires being creative, active etc, so one's choice should be based on the weight one attaches to these qualities.

Just my thoughts.

Ok. I get that.

Jarus:
My oracle asks me to settle for one toughie, one diplomat cheesy
No 1 & 4 are toughies, no 2 & 3 are diplomats, so throws up coins and arrives at:
1, Maclatunji
2, Cuddlemii

lol
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by Tgirl4real(f): 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2012
I nominate:

InspiredM and Cuddlemie
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by honsule(m): 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2012
I will nominate DRAGNET AND PUSKIN wink wink
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by honsule(m): 5:38pm On Dec 03, 2012
mukina2:
No sir, i cant be nominated smiley

Last year's mod of the year was a disaster.

WHY CAN'T YOU BE NOMINATED?Guess u are joking,right? i was about to nominate u,but when i saw this i changed my mind.i may edit and change one of my nominee,if need be grin grin grin
Re: Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 03, 2012
Egbon mi JARUS gat my vote on this, for obvious reason though.. Managing the politics section with his 8-5 job no be beans oooo
In other news, I had a dream yesternight that Seun started paying we Mods in US dollars.. Oh boi I don hammer come 2013

(1) (2) (3)

See What Too Much Money Can Do To People / Check Out The Aftermath Of Making Braids On The Head Of This Pretty Girl / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.