Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? (7123 Views)

Computer Science Vs Computer Engineering Which Is Better / I Need A Project Topic For Computer Engineering Student / Computer Science Or Engineering, Which Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by zicjoe(m): 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2012
I need u guys to help me. Im confused ryt nw.
Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by Francheezy(m): 7:41pm On Dec 03, 2012
g0 4 c0mp sci
Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by tessyade: 7:54pm On Dec 03, 2012
Both are good courses. I think you should get a little information about both courses and then decide on the one you'll do better in. All the best.
Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by zicjoe(m): 8:14pm On Dec 03, 2012
State ur reason pls .@franchezy
Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by koseepaaro(m): 10:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
Francheezy: g0 4 c0mp sci
You advised the OP to go for computer science, did you take your time to ask OP one or two questions in order to know which one will be best for (base on his/her answer(s) to your question(s))him/her. OP, my advice for you is that you should try to ask people that studied the two courses around you there. Then, make your choice base on the indept info that the two of them would give you. As in, exactly what and what that you are going to be taught if you go for either of the two courses. That's my little cent to you.
Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by zicjoe(m): 10:17pm On Dec 03, 2012
koseepaaro: You advised the OP to go for computer science, did you take your time to ask OP one or two questions in order to know which one will be best for (base on his/her answer(s) to your question(s))him/her. OP, my advice for you is that you should try to ask people that studied the two courses around you there. Then, make your choice base on the indept info that the two of them would give you. As in, exactly what and what that you are going to be taught if you go for either of the two courses. That's my little cent to you.
Tnx Man. dats more than a pound
Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by koseepaaro(m): 10:25pm On Dec 03, 2012
You are welcome!
Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by Christambasador: 9:19pm On Dec 06, 2012
Go for computer science... Its wider and more in demand than engineer.
Its just my own opinion nt an advise per say
Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by Chikebrain: 8:16am On Dec 07, 2012
I'll advise that you go for computer science because you'll be taught a bit of engineering too but computer engineering will not really dive into computer science. You should do computer science then go and learn hardware later
Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by Francheezy(m): 10:37am On Dec 07, 2012
i tld ya, c0mp sci
Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by anochuks08(m): 9:34pm On Dec 07, 2012
I studied computer science in the polytechnic, presently am studying computer engineering in a university. Trust me bro, considering the fact that Nigerian universities don't handle much practicals regarding both courses, cos you have to learn more on your own, computer engineering is the best of the two. When you are through, you will be addressed as an Engr. What will you be addressed with when you finish studying computer science?

1 Like

Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by anochuks08(m): 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2012
when studying computer engineering, you will be taught much of what those studying computer science are taught, with a greater concerntration on electronics & computer engineering. Whereas in computer science, you wnt touch any aspect of engineering. Am saying all this out of personal experience
Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by koseepaaro(m): 12:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
I'm a computer technician or a computer repair person (a computer engineer as we do call it here in Nigeria) because I was taught how computer works and how to put it in order (repair it) when it develop problem and fails to work. I was not taugh how I can produce a computer but how to repair it when it fails. Frankly speaking and talking from experience (though, I don't know much of computer science because it's not my main field), if someone ask me what my prefer choice would be if I were ask to choose between comp. Science and comp. Engineering, I would tell the person that it would be computer engineering because as I am typing this now, I have spent up to nine (9) good years in computer repairs (started 2003) and I think I know what I'm saying. The main point that I'm making now is that, as a person, I would recommend computer engineering to people against computer science. But going into the field of computer engineering required constant studies and personal research if one really want to stay on the top!
Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by Francheezy(m): 1:21pm On Dec 08, 2012
0wkay 0oh, tnx s!rE
Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 09, 2012
@ all: do we have any computer science graduate here? What's computer science all about? I av interest in computer engineering for ma pgd, but d closest institution to ma place of work (5hrs trip) doesn't offer comp engr but sci. Need to know what it entails before I get maself into it.
Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by tessyade: 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2012
As i said earlier both courses are good, it all depend on you. I studied computer engineering in school but today i'm more into computer science. My classmates who continued in the computer engr line are doing well, just as i'm not doing badly too. Take time to understand what the two courses entails and then make your choice.
Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by samfibby(m): 7:12pm On Dec 10, 2012
To put it simple and plain, if you want to make good money from the IT field, go for comp science, you could end up as a web developer, webmaster, coder, app developer. I mean the list is endless. You could sit in your home or office write programs on different platforms, if you are lucky, you might run into millions (i mean in dollars if u know ur onions). Facebook founder was a programmer, bill gate was a programmer, the list is endless.

If u want to sit in your office/shop and wait endlessly for customers with faulty hardware (hoping to rip their pockets out cool grin, then aspire to be a computer engineer. How many offices repair hardware these days? Not much, with the price of hardware from china and Asian countries reducing by the day, a new one is always a better option. This is not to say comp engineering isn't interesting. You get to build servers with amazing processors, tons of terabytes worth of storage facility in customer sites and all that and thats about it.

On the long run, computer scientists hold the key to the future of IT.

3 Likes

Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by Simeony007(m): 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2012
Both are good, cos am studying computer science and i know some parts too in engineering too cos i learn it. Someone asked that what do computer scientists do. They work in diverse ways e.g. they program computers, work in any communication company, they works at any detective organisation, even work in programming street light that which is on the streets now they are the ones doing them etc. Both works are demanding. Just try and meet with those that have studied each courses for advice.
Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by anochuks08(m): 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2012
some peeps dy make me laff. Sincerely speaking, weda you are studying science or engineering, its all the same as long as it is in our nigerian university. All the programmimg, web development, hardware repairs etc blah blah blah, you learn them on your own. I learnt hardware repairs when i was studying computer science. So, what really matters, in the nigerian society is the certificate you are graduating with. You can learn anything you want. I even have a friend who is studying electrical engineering and he is a great web developer, and when i say great, i mean really great. So bro, what you decide now is the certificate you wanna graduate with and not what you wanna study, cos in school, u study crap.

2 Likes

Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by thundey95(m): 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
choosing career is one of the delicate step one need to carefully take properly if one wish to survive in life, in choosing between Computer Science Course or Computer Engineer doesn't need to be an huge issues because both stands out on their own, Computer Science is Science course while computer Engineering is Basic Engineering Course, if you willing to choose Computer Engineering i suggest you do it in one of the UNIVERSITIES OF TECHNOLOGY OR POLYTHECHNIC, because they will handle more practical work, but for me i suggest you go for COMPUTER SCIENCE since you can learn that at any UNIVERSITIES OR POLY then you can learn how to repair Computer (computer Engineer) from any engineering firm, you ll be called an engineer afterall and you will still have Computer B.sc certificate along (double major for ya).........
Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by rayfront: 1:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
First view the economy we are.
Secondly, what do you think the society needs(problem), that you can develop a product or solution to satisfy their their insatiable needs. don't just go into any course and return with regrets.
NB: tell it to Jah in prayer

1 Like

Re: Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? by FolabiCash: 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2014
Computer science

(1) (Reply)

Browse MTN Unlimited For Just N70 For 24 Hrs / Uk Dell E6530 Intel Core I5@90k / Learn Computer Graphics Design & Photoshop Expert In Just Few Months ! !! !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.