Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' (8074 Views)

Spectranet To Launch 1st LTE? / The Apple Ipad Mini Is Being Unveiled As I Type / Apple To Offer Ipad 3 In Early 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by mukina2: 5:09pm On Jul 05, 2012

Apple is to launch a smaller, cheaper version of its iPad tablet this autumn, according to sources within the Far Eastern factories that supply the technology giant.

The new machine will be less than 8 inches across the diagonal - considerably smaller than the current 9.7-inch model.

It will also be cheaper, to compete with rivals such as Google's £159 Nexus 7.

The unnamed sources in Apple's supply chain said that the launch is 'very near'.

Rumours were reported by Bloomberg and the Wall Street Journal, quoting several unnamed sources within Apple's supply chain.

Earlier reports by Far Eastern technology blogs had also hinted that a launch was imminent.

The late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs was vehemently against a smaller iPad, but analysts have long predicted that a machine would appear in the second half of this year.

Sterne Agee analyst Shaw Wu predicts that the move would be a devastating blow for Android competors.

'It would be the competitors’ worst nightmare,' Wu said. 'The ball is in Apple’s court.'

The iPad Mini would show that Apple is prepared to break away from former chief exec Steve Jobs' deeply-held mantras.

The Apple leader, who passed away last October, publicly derided the smaller tablet model, in particular the seven-inch form-factor, which is becoming a standard for a smaller tablet.

Source
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 05, 2012
Now Apple is about imitating Samsung, I can bet, its gonna be the size of Galaxy Note. I cant buy a tablet bigger than that.
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by SisiKill1: 5:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
Mukina get outta my head!!!

I was just gonna post that. cheesy cheesy

@ Topic
Guess Kindle Fire and the other 7 inch tablets is making Apple jittery! Thought they were too cool for anything less than 9 inches!!
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by miteolu(m): 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2012
How much?
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
Billyonaire: Now Apple is about imitating Samsung, I can bet, its gonna be the size of Galaxy Note. I cant buy a tablet bigger than that.

It's going to be about 7.8inches (not sure it'd be any larger).

If it's smaller it will likely be cheaper - BUT the premium features may be shaved off - no retina display and all of that. In the end, I look forward to this (wanna see how this compares to my playbook and galaxy tab 7.1).

I wonder what Steve would say if he were alive, he was once quoted saying Apple wouldn't make a smaller version because a smaller screen size doesn't give room for the Software to be "expressed".

Tight competition in the tablet sector...hmmm.
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by BlackBaron: 5:33pm On Jul 05, 2012
All this 'battle of the cheap tablets' is always good for the consumers but I'll like to see what Cupertino Apple's definition of "cheap" is.
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 05, 2012
If Apple's Ipad Mini has all the programs that Kindle Fire has and also retains it's "Ipad" essential, I am soooooooooooooooo going to buy it.

O.M.G When is it coming out? I want I want I want tongue

Brilliant idea, I've been wondering about the regular iPad size and how it'd be just like carrying my laptop with me.

1 Like

Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 05, 2012
HQ:

It's going to be about 7.8inches (not sure it'd be any larger).

If it's smaller it will likely be cheaper - BUT the premium features may be shaved off - no retina display and all of that. In the end, I look forward to this (wanna see how this compares to my playbook and galaxy tab 7.1).

I wonder what Steve would say if he were alive, he was once quoted saying Apple wouldn't make a smaller version because a smaller screen size doesn't give room for the Software to be "expressed".

Tight competition in the tablet sector...hmmm.
My Galaxy Tab is gathering dust here, I cant see why I should use anything bigger than the Galaxy Note. I love it.
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2012
Billyonaire: My Galaxy Tab is gathering dust here, I cant see why I should use anything bigger than the Galaxy Note. I love it.

You mean the Galaxy note that looks like a T-83 calculator?
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 05, 2012
I think in the next 10 years, it will this case:

1 person = 1 blackberry, 1 iphone, ipad, ipad mini, iapple tv, etc.
There would be a gadget-overload. Im all for it wink
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Korrection(m): 5:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
what a consuming country...never produced any but uses at any slightest presentation just to feel like i better pass my neighbour...watch out for the new SAMSUNG XT-HTC/NOKIA VERSION OF APPLE IPAD TAB 2012....COMING SOON
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You mean the Galaxy note that looks like a T-83 calculator?
I dont know what T-83 calculator is, havent seen calculator for awhile, but go to google and type Galaxy Note - click images. Or walk into any Samsung outlet in your neighborhood.
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2012
Billyonaire: I dont know what T-83 calculator is, havent see calculator for awhile, but go to google and type Galaxy Note - click images. Or walk into any Samsung outlet in your neighborhood.

I don't need to Google to know what GN looks like.

Google T-83 and see what I mean.
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 05, 2012
[quote author=Ileke-IdI]

I don't need to Google to know what GN looks like.

Google T-83 and see what I mean.

[img]http://www.bestbuy.ca/multimedia/products/300x300/048/04846/04846830.jpg[/img]

No son, may be its cos am using glasses, in a young boys eye, may be there have semblances
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 05, 2012
An iPad mini would be a brilliant waste of time. Despite the price, the iPad is a completely awesome experience IMO. Since i got one, the iPhone has become no more than a tool to make calls, check text messages and the occasional browsing the web for quick reference.
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by matrixme(m): 5:56pm On Jul 05, 2012
When Steve Jobs was alive, he often gets disgusted at the crap being peddled as consumer electronic products, according to an interview on TIME. He believes Apple products should be perfect devices for the people who use them. How he will turn furiously in his grave at this approach by his torchbearers to backstab his ideals... albeit to get the share of the tablet market!
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2012
Korrection: what a consuming country...never produced any but uses at any slightest presentation just to feel like i better pass my neighbour...watch out for the new SAMSUNG XT-HTC/NOKIA VERSION OF APPLE IPAD TAB 2012....COMING SOON

People are actually interested in technological advances. Get out of your cave, dude.
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2012
matrixme: When Steve Jobs was alive, he often gets disgusted with the crap being peddled as consumer electronic products, according to an interview on TIME. He believes Apple products should be perfect devices for the people who use them. How he will turn furiously in his grave at this approach by his torchbearers to backstab his ideals.. Albeit to get the share of the tablet market!
lol, Steve Job was a mad scientist that believes only on his ideas, but he did great by revolutionizing designs.
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2012
matrixme: When Steve Jobs was alive, he often gets disgusted with the crap being peddled as consumer electronic products, according to an interview on TIME. He believes Apple products should be perfect devices for the people who use them. How he will turn furiously in his grave at this approach by his torchbearers to backstab his ideals.. Albeit to get the share of the tablet market!

Its still all a rumor. I doubt apple is seriously thinking of a mini.
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2012
@Billyonaire

See what I mean? A T-83 tongue
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 05, 2012
I still like the design of the iPad 1 than the newer ones.This mini will look similar to the upcoming iPhone 5 just that the mini is horizontally-structured while the iPhone is vertically-structured.To get the best of both,get an iPad 1 and let the tech guru work on it so you have a phone+an iPad.
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
@Billyonaire

See what I mean? A T-83 tongue
no, I do not see resemblances there. Do you see ?
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
Methinks Samsung leads the way of hardware designs and innovation, and running on Android is another advantage over apple. Just my personal opinion though. iPad mini, really need to be cool to push the galaxy series out of the way.
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
Billyonaire: no, I do not see resemblances there. Do you see ?

Yes. I do.
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Yes. I do.
Forgive me son, old age has a way of playing tricks on me.
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 05, 2012
Billyonaire: Methinks Samsung leads the way of hardware designs and innovatio[/b]n, and running on Android is another advantage over apple. Just my personal opinion though. iPad mini, really need to be cool to push the galaxy series out of the way.

I agree with this.
Even before Android came out, Samsung had the best designs. [b]THEN
, iPhone came out and all hell broke loose.

Billyonaire: Forgive me son, old age has a way of playing tricks on me.

No problem, grandpa lol
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I agree with this.
Even before Android came out, Samsung had the best designs. THEN, iPhone came out and all hell broke loose.

No problem, grandpa lol

iPhone is a heavy peace of metal, the day i dashed that phone out was the day i had less weight in my pocket. I have nothing against Apple, but the next time they wanna make phone hardware, they should think right and get suggestions from customers.
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2012
Billyonaire:

iPhone is a heavy peace of metal, the day i dashed that phone out was the day i had less weight in my pocket. I have nothing against Apple, but the next time they wanna make phone hardware, they should think right and get suggestions from customers.

huh? Is it any heavier than your wallet? Most times i barely even notice the phone is in my pocket.
The 3g versions were certainly heavier but i absolutely disagree on the 4 and 4s versions.
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Korrection(m): 6:23pm On Jul 05, 2012
So people from this part of the world (cave men...both of us oh)only take and not give...i guess you are also interested in looting the country dry...no offence
Ileke-IdI:

People are actually interested in technological advances. Get out of your cave, dude.
Re: Apple To Launch 'iPad Mini' by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 05, 2012
davidylan:

huh? Is it any heavier than your wallet? Most times i barely even notice the phone is in my pocket.
The 3g versions were certainly heavier but i absolutely disagree on the 4 and 4s versions.
Sure, the 3Gs are loads. Even the 4 and 4s by comparison are still heavier than the BBs and the Galaxy series. I dont know about HTC, havent used that before.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian University Offering Software Engineering / END OF YEAR LAPTOP DEALS!!!! NEW ITEMS ADDED / @@free Guide To Unlock Huawei E5577,e5577s-321,e5577s-920,e5577s-320 Unlock Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.