Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,658 members, 7,955,376 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:10 AM

Baker Hughes Is Recruiting Apply Now! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Baker Hughes Is Recruiting Apply Now! (2695 Views)

Baker Hughes Is Calling You--graduate Job At Baker Hughes / Baker Hughes 2015 Graduate Field Engineer! / Vacancy... Baker Hughes Is Recruiting OND Graduates.. Apply Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baker Hughes Is Recruiting Apply Now! by 2sexy(m): 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2012
Position: [size=15pt]Senior Production Technologist[/size]

Employment status
Full time regular

About the job
As a leader in the energy consulting sector, GCA offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. GCA is an international advisory firm focused on providing integrated technical and managerial services to all sectors of the oil and gas industry.

For over 50 years GCA has provided both broad-based and detailed advice resulting in solutions-orientated, commercially viable and practical results designed to meet our client's specific requirements. In addition to reservoir engineering, GCA advises a wide group of clients in exploration, reservoir evaluation, field development, drilling and production, pipeline, refining and LNG projects throughout the world.
The focus of this office is on Collaboration projects with Baker Hughes Nigeria Geomarket. The aim is to provide Integrated Services to local players, Indigenous Companies (IC’s) and small IOC’s.
Given the start-up nature of this office, and the evolving needs of GCA and the greater Baker Hughes, the prime requirement for the job is to be strategically aware and flexible to address priorities as they crystallize and become defined.

Responsibilities:

· Provide petroleum engineering input to multi-disciplinary projects including field development planning, reservoir and well performance evaluation, production forecast and optimization, well placement, well design, decision and risk analysis.
· Advise clients on petroleum engineering matters and manages integrated projects.
· May be required to create overall plans, which are optimized to the needs of the client. Will be required to assess tenders, prepare bids and proposals.
· Manage smaller projects, with particular focus on Integrated Activities in collaboration with Baker Hughes Nigeria Geomarket, this implies working closely with the Product Lines and maintaining frequent contact with the client, ensuring adherence to timescales and budgets.
· Apply sound business judgment in several areas, such as the use of technology, economic evaluations, strategic thinking and contractual work to help client with complex projects.
· Develop an extensive industry network from which new Integrated Solutions business for GCA can be realized.
· Serve as an advisor to the staff and management on Petroleum Engineering matters.
· Mentor and develop talent, actively participate in recruiting new talents.
· Increase Baker Hughes profile amongst clients and drive introduction of new technology. Present GCA capabilities at senior levels within the client organization and within Baker Hughes.
· May be required to provide peer review of deliverables to clients.
· Present data, interpretations and reports to clients either individually or as part of the larger project team. This requires excellent report writing and presentation skills.
· Handling special projects, as assigned by the Operations Manager/GCA Nigeria Manager.

Essential Qualifications & Requirements:

· Must be able to understand & anticipate customer needs in the subsurface area and be a key player in developing internal (across Baker Hughes Group companies) & external relationships. Must have ability to convert such relationships into new revenues (business development).
· Should be able to manage plans to cover technical, operational and financial elements of the projects with assessments of associated risks on behalf of the Client if required.
· Must be able to use the right information and/or systems and/or technology, and be able to identify and implement improvements as appropriate.
· Demonstrate highly developed computer skills and competence in using MS Excel, Word & Powerpoint. Must be skilled in modern Engineering softwares.
· Experience of consultancy work and delivery of premium advisory services is an advantage.
· Understanding of the commercial aspects of the upstream industry is an advantage.
· Fully conversant with capabilities in other disciplines (e.g. Reservoir Engineering, Drilling, Surface facility engineering).
· Experience in economic modeling and commercial analysis is ideal.
· Some limited travel should be expected.
· Ability to mentor and develop junior members and graduate trainees is expected Must be able to adhere to Baker Hughes ethical codes.
· Must have a strong client focus with strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication is required. Must be highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
· It would be a plus to know Baker Hughes overall business.

Preferred Qualifications & Requirements:

· A broad Petroleum Engineering & Production Technology background and upstream skills that can be applied to integrated projects.
· An engineering degree is a must. Advance degrees are desirable.
· Experience in stimulation design (e.g. hydraulic fracturing) and artificial lift evaluation and design is an advantage.
· Experience with leading petroleum engineering applications is essential. Should have experience of presenting data, interpretations, and reports to clients either individually or as part of the larger project team.
· Some experience related to cost/benefit estimates, achievability, practicality, economic impact is desirable.
· An extensive proven work experience in this field
· Able to work in Nigeria, familiar with the work culture and environment (the office location is Lagos).

Company Overview

Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 57,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals.

========> https://bakerhughes.taleo.net/careersection/bhiexternal/jobdetail.ftl
Re: Baker Hughes Is Recruiting Apply Now! by 2sexy(m): 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
Something is wrong ooo.
Re: Baker Hughes Is Recruiting Apply Now! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2012
what is wrong?
that position is for experienced professionals joor

1 Like

Re: Baker Hughes Is Recruiting Apply Now! by 2sexy(m): 8:45pm On Dec 04, 2012
Kingsleyinfo: what is wrong?
that position is for experienced professionals joor
The link does not take you to the page as I saw it before posting it here. It made me feel I was misleading people and that was why I said so.
Re: Baker Hughes Is Recruiting Apply Now! by Nobody: 2:11am On Dec 05, 2012
Guys strongly believe me, baker does not have this kind of advert or role. ITS A FRAUD !!! am very conversant with baker hughes operations.
Re: Baker Hughes Is Recruiting Apply Now! by 2sexy(m): 5:50am On Dec 05, 2012
Mr man, if you don't know how to use words rightly, grab your dictionary and improve your diction.

How is this FRAUD? The least that would happen is that I probably found it when it had expired and that's where BH has a problem. If an opening is no longer available or valid, why not delete it?

It's your kind that discourage the few noble people left in this world. Do you even know length I went to dug this out from? Did you pay for my internet connection or the MB that was used?

If you don't know how to use words rightly, a Longman dictionary isn't too expensive; N1,200 isn't a bad investment.
Re: Baker Hughes Is Recruiting Apply Now! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 05, 2012
2sexy: Mr man, if you don't know how to use words rightly, grab your dictionary and improve your diction.

How is this FRAUD? The least that would happen is that I probably found it when it had expired and that's where BH has a problem. If an opening is no longer available or valid, why not delete it?

It's your kind that discourage the few noble people left in this world. Do you even know length I went to dug this out from? Did you pay for my internet connection or the MB that was used?

If you don't know how to use words rightly, a Longman dictionary isn't too expensive; N1,200 isn't a bad investment.

Don't mind that braggart, Let him wallow in his ignorance.

Yeah Baker hughes uses computers to auto post and delete these applications, thats why it could be there one minute, and the next minute its gone.
the trick to dealing with these companies is to always be on their website...

all the same Halliburton just posted anoda entry level position
Entry level Engineer piping/process

am not gonna put any link, but those that know what to do, should do it.

@2sexy please don't let guys like these stop you from doing what is right keep it up.....

and for the information of that non entity
that job role is still on my linkedin page as i type, so i don't know how conversant he is, or maybe he knows one of their drivers.... grin
conversant ko.... conversation ni.... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Baker Hughes Is Recruiting Apply Now! by 2sexy(m): 6:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
Thanks. Abeg send me the Halliburton link via pm. Thanks
Re: Baker Hughes Is Recruiting Apply Now! by eimuhb(f): 8:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
Pls send the link to me, biko na beg I dey beg
Re: Baker Hughes Is Recruiting Apply Now! by opash82: 6:00am On Dec 06, 2012
@Kingsley pls send me the halliburton link you talked about. Their former post/link isnt going.

(1) (Reply)

IELTS Payment / 2017 Graduate Management Trainee Program At Terragon Group / Good Morning,important Update For N-TAX Applicants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.