Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million (12404 Views)

Toyin Aimakhu’s Career Is Finished- Ex-boyfriend Says / I Took Linda Ikeji For Granted - Ex Boyfriend, Dan Foster / Antonio Oladeinde-Fernandez: Nigeria's Reclusive Billionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by mrkels(m): 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2012

If Shakira and her ex-boyfriend Antonio de la Rúa were on friendly terms after their 2010 split, that peace seems to have dissipated with the breakdown of their professional relationship. Late last month, de la Rúa filed a lawsuit against his former flame, seeking an astronomical $100 million in damages for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.

William Reid, de la Rúa's attorney, notes that Shakira was successful long before she hired Antonio as her business manager, but claims "the financial success she enjoyed with Antonio was unparalleled."

"De la Rúa spent more than six years building the 'Shakira brand' into one of the most valuable pop-star brands in the entertainment industry," reads the suit. "The profits earned by the partnership in 2011 and 2012, and millions of dollars that it will earn in the future, were generated by the deals he conceptualized, originated, negotiated and executed."

Though de la Rúa continued to work with Shakira after they split after ten years together, he was dismissed by October of the following year "as if he were a mere employee," reads the suit.

Shakira doesn't appear to be sweating the case: On Saturday, she posted a picture of her soccer star boyfriend Gerard Piqué with the loving caption, "... Pero cuántas alegrías más me vas a dar?"

She and Piqué are currently expecting their first child together.

Source
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by Afam4eva(m): 8:50pm On Dec 04, 2012
I'm sorry but wasn't Antonio paid for all his hard work

Pique should pls pay the guy off make we hear word.
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by muaa(f): 8:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
Dancing Azonto grin
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by Gonzaga1010(m): 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:58pm On Dec 04, 2012
That's some cool money. Not bad
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by martyns303(m): 8:58pm On Dec 04, 2012
She wants a man that works for his money, not the one that works for her. Am sure antonio was making money during his service. Now look at the bright side, its not only Nigerian girls that dump broke guys for something better.

2 Likes

Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by TableLeg(m): 8:58pm On Dec 04, 2012
@muaa:
Dancing Azonto grin
Dancing azonto because of what? Are you mad?!

8 Likes

Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by Habebe: 8:59pm On Dec 04, 2012
choi, i love this bobos cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by Habebe: 9:01pm On Dec 04, 2012
afam4eva: I'm sorry but wasn't Antonio paid for all his hard work

Wetin concern okada with seatbelt
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by baby124: 9:05pm On Dec 04, 2012
Gold digging guys on the rise. Na wah! angry
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 04, 2012
That is a whole lot of money,d guy is a gold digger
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:18pm On Dec 04, 2012
how will this affect the price of G_____
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by Teejayphillip(m): 9:30pm On Dec 04, 2012
Hmmmmm.... $100million shocked shocked
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by braine(m): 9:39pm On Dec 04, 2012
This is usually the case with stars; they often forget those who pulled them up. Although this Antonio seems greedy.

1 Like

Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by braine(m): 9:39pm On Dec 04, 2012
Table Leg :

Dancing azonto because of what? Are you mad?!

Lol... The guy's name seems like Azonto. I don't blame her tho..
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by Mentcee(m): 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
Pero cuántas alegrías más me vas a dar?:

=But many joys you give me?
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by Mentcee(m): 10:00pm On Dec 04, 2012
braine: This is usually the case with stars; they often forget those who pulled them up. Although this Antonio seems greedy.

Dapo Oyebanjo= D'banj?

1 Like

Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by Akshow: 10:18pm On Dec 04, 2012
stale news
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by debsjoat(m): 10:18pm On Dec 04, 2012
Mentcee:

Dapo Oyebanjo= D'banj?
Pls leave Koko Master out of this issue, let's just see Mr Antonio they way and the name everyone has been calling him(gold digger).
And fyi not all nigerian ladies dump there guys for rich dudes. Respect the babes in Naija now, Abeg!!!
Btw, What stupid money does the guy wants to collect again(bridge of/in agreement bla bla shit), that's not even the full story... If she pays the money, then she's very daft and doesn't have a good lawyer.
Let the antonio guy come try am with Tonto, nah juju go worry am straight away as the song she(ton**)dey sing sef no make sen** and doesn't sell!!! That's just the joke part of it anyway... Tf
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by luvgurl(f): 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2012
OK! so who is gonna pay? d guy or d gurl? i mean d new luvas....as d guy will inherit her and her probs.....lol
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by TableLeg(m): 10:24pm On Dec 04, 2012

Pique should pay off .. Why?
Are you daft?! What has he got to do with it?
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by debsjoat(m): 10:25pm On Dec 04, 2012
luvgurl: OK! so who is gonna pay? d guy or d gurl? i mean d new luvas....as d guy will inherit her and her probs.....lol
Who knows who the mugu/maga with silly swag will be.
Abeg, no time to dey untangle nonsense jare.*smile...
Mr price tag on G.... Wetin that one dey do for this post, u sha like wahala abi, funny dude...
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by Kaxmytex(m): 10:27pm On Dec 04, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
how will this affect the price of G_____
fill d gap ursef,u go knw wetin go apun

1 Like

Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by debsjoat(m): 10:30pm On Dec 04, 2012
Table Leg :

Pique should pay off .. Why?
Are you daft?! What has he got to do with it?
I don't think our broda from the barca fc looks more like a maga, so don't even think of it. Him no go even do as if him hear the story, after all the hard earned money; jogging in the freezing frying cold weather.
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by Kaxmytex(m): 10:35pm On Dec 04, 2012
Make azonto or antonio go sit 4 one syd jawe.....bcuz say d gurl don leave u naw,na 2 collect such a huge ammount of $ 4rm her..nanszenceee

1 Like

Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 04, 2012
mrkels:
...Shakira doesn't appear to be sweating the case: On Saturday, she posted a picture of her soccer star boyfriend Gerard Piqué with the loving caption, "... Pero cuántas alegrías más me vas a dar?"

She and Piqué are currently expecting their first child together.

Source

grin grin

that's whats up.
Men hate it when chicks move on. Business my nyash...her new relationship is killing him! grin But if she owes the money she should pay...i guess.
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 04, 2012
Kaxmytex: [size=18pt]Make azonto or antonio go sit 4 one syd jawe[/size].....bcuz say d gurl don leave u naw,na 2 collect such a huge ammount of $ 4rm her..nanszenceee

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

exactly. he's still upset.
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by AlterEgoTM: 10:40pm On Dec 04, 2012

undecided

Have you any idea what you are talking about

[size=18pt]$100![/size]

David Beckham wouldn't dare try such lest he goes bankrupt!
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by rubii2009: 10:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
how does that change the price of one shot of kai kai.

1 Like

Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by jimctu: 10:49pm On Dec 04, 2012
it seems that famous people like to sue their partness after they break...maybe I should find some reason to sue my ex-girlfridn too...
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 04, 2012
Shakira is looking Really good in that Picture.
Re: Shakira's Ex-Boyfriend Antonio De La Rúa Sues For $100 Million by gabbidonbah(m): 11:49pm On Dec 04, 2012
Shakira can't afford to pay that much as compensation even with the help of Gerard Pique.Hope Antonio will be considerate n reasonable for once.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Tom Tom Should Endorse Bam Bam Because Her Voice Is So Smooth": BBNaija's Leo / Photo: Muna's Dead Body / Ifezue Emmanuel Becomes Brand Ambassador For Sugarland Real Estate (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.