Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,568 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? (1832 Views)

Don't Comment Yet: Pray For Nigeria & The World / How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth / Life, Where Did It All Began? What's Our Purpose On This Earth? Are We Alone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by LordBabs(m): 8:19pm On Dec 04, 2012
Heaven is purportedly a place of bliss and unending life, yet, you pray for earthly longevity....you need a doctor ASAP!
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by Adesiji77: 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2012
*laffs*

1 Like

Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by Heatblast(m): 12:17am On Dec 05, 2012
shocked I also wanted to create a similar topic today... Seems you beat me to it sad

They are;
1) claiming that they have unfantomable riches in their paradise yet they still want to live a long life(even the extremely poor ones)
2) claiming that the world is ruled by evil but one of the number one prayer point for them is long life on that same world
3) considering death to be number one public enemy(when it should be considered as a free ticket to pardise)

My question question is WHY

1 Like

Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by LordBabs(m): 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
Heatblast: shocked I also wanted to create a similar topic today... Seems you beat me to it sad

They are;
1) claiming that they have unfantomable riches in their paradise yet they still want to live a long life(even the extremely poor ones)
2) claiming that the world is ruled by evil but one of the number one prayer point for them is long life on that same world
3) considering death to be number one public enemy(when it should be considered as a free ticket to pardise)

My question question is WHY
MADNESS! Nothing but madness!I once discussed this issue with one christian, and his defence was that he prayed for longlife so that he could be able to live long and fulfil God's will for him on earth, which will eventually earn him a ticket to eternal life in heaven. I replied thus: "Are you saying that God created you on this earth to live long to do his will? And how long is the longlife? So, it logically translates that anyone who doesn't live long didn't fulfil the will of God on earth, and therefore, such has forfeited his/her reward/gift of eternal life? In furtherance, if you are actually doing the will of God on earth, do you still need praying for longlife? What for?! Isn't your God capable of protecting you from death(without you asking), since you are on the right course? If your God deemed you deserved of longlife,then why must you pray to him for the same longlife, before he could now apply his commonsense of granting you? what sort of egoistic God is that? Can you provide me some scriptural justification from Jesus' teachings on longlife on earth? Also, if I don't pray for longlife and someday i died, would i be condemned by God for dying before fulfilling his will on earth? What hoax! what madness!"

2 Likes

Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by plappville(f): 5:35pm On Dec 05, 2012
We do not need to pray for long life, this has been promised to Christians who obey God's law. The book of Ephecians made it clear. IGod that gave this promise of long life knows best.
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by Heatblast(m): 6:20pm On Dec 05, 2012
plappville: We do not need to pray for long life, this has been promised to Christians who obey God's law. The book of Ephecians made it clear. IGod that gave this promise of long life knows best.

Hmm... So you mean christians who die young don't obey "God's law"

How do you explain cases of those people who are not christians and don't give a damn about "God's law" and still live long
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by trafters: 6:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
plappville: We do not need to pray for long life, this has been promised to Christians who obey God's law. The book of Ephecians made it clear. IGod that gave this promise of long life knows best.

So you mean Pastor Bimbo Odukoya and Ronnie Madubiko were not obeying God's law?

Just asking tho
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 05, 2012
Lord Babs: Heaven is purportedly a place of bliss and unending life, yet, you pray for earthly longevity....you need a doctor ASAP!
WE NEED TIME TO GET IT RIGHT grin
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2012
Lord Babs: Heaven is purportedly a place of bliss and unending life, yet, you pray for earthly longevity....you need a doctor ASAP!

Lol!You're going to make me repeat this statement: the second name of christians is just-in-case. Pls they are human beings. Deep in their hearts they are not really sure of what comes after death. Let them keep living. Don't stress the feeble minds (as that is what they call themselves) of our beloved sheep.
Biko.

1 Like

Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 05, 2012
obadiah777: WE NEED TIME TO GET IT RIGHT grin

I thought u needed the holy spirit.
Is he really just for speaking in tongues and bleeping virgins alone?
Unless u will agree with me that he doesn't existcheesy

2 Likes

Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by plappville(f): 2:04am On Dec 06, 2012
What i'm saying is that, True Christians are not reluctant to live this sinful world.
They know and believed they did not come to existance by thier own making..
We believe it is God that placed us in this world for a reason/purpose and wen our time is up, we know we are not to be afraid to return home. God promised us long life, This is for a purpose. And if a Christian dies young it will also be for a purpose. It doesnt means God promises failed. We all know that death is the only source to return, and people are so scared about anything tht reflects to dying. I believe this is natural.

But to true Christians, there's a teaching on dying Grace. So we are not to be afraid to leave our corruptible body and to put on th incorruptible in order to see Christ face to face. So how will one be praying for something that is promised him? It is already there all you need do is amend ways to obtain it. We are more worried when we are not sure of something.
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by plappville(f): 2:18am On Dec 06, 2012
Heatblast:

Hmm... So you mean christians who die young don't obey "God's law"

How do you explain cases of those people who are not christians and don't give a damn about "God's law" and still live long
I cant judge that, i just said that God promised Christians long life.
So if a Christian dies young, i am not to judge or assumed He/she might have broken Gods law. NO! It is not in anyones position to judge.

That is why i said our lives on earth here and after is for a purpose.
God knows best.

Of course there are people who do not recongnise God, yet they live long.
That is not for me to judge also. Only the giver of life Knows. Some people are used by God at old age. God may preserve someones life for a Purpose "believer or not".
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by plappville(f): 2:23am On Dec 06, 2012
t_rafters:

So you mean Pastor Bimbo Odukoya and Ronnie Madubiko were not obeying God's law?

Just asking tho

I didnt say that. Whatever may be the course of thier death, there is a purpose.
It does not necesserilly mean they are disobedient. My point is that, i dont see any reason why Christians should be praying for long life on earth when it is already given.
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by plappville(f): 2:27am On Dec 06, 2012
Abi ooo grin grin

1 Like

Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by LordBabs(m): 7:53am On Dec 06, 2012
just-in-case....

1 Like

Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by LordBabs(m): 7:55am On Dec 06, 2012
plappville:
Abi ooo grin grin
just-in-case, may I ask if you mind dying before this year runs out?
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by LordBabs(m): 8:06am On Dec 06, 2012
inurmind:

imagine a christian/muslim saying 'Aiye l'oja, orun n'ile'...'earth is the market, heaven is the home': Lmao! Na wetin you wan buy for earth self? Now, if you com do shopping finish, na where you wan carry am go? Heaven? Take go do wetin for there? Abi heaven no be perfect place again? And wetin all of una dey buy wey una never buy finish self? Una carry mat come market?
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by plappville(f): 9:27am On Dec 06, 2012
Lord Babs: just-in-case, may I ask if you mind dying before this year runs out?
Thats not a wise kuesion, but i will anwser you though.

The act of praying to God to bring death in the face is a selfish act. It is an act that ignores the feelings of loved ones. God will not honor such prayer.

A Christian life is a race in this world. Christians are expected to run that race to the end in order to receive their crowns. U will not get that crown if you shortcircuit ur race by asking God to cut it short. This is not because you enjoy ur present world. But because is is totally selfish. When you run a race, you are bound to get tired, weary, some times fall here and there.

But Christians are supposed to stand up and keep going until the Owner of their lives withdraws His breath of life from them. We do not decide for God. If a situation that
could provoke death arises, It should be "Father let your will be done".

1 Like

Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 06, 2012
Lord Babs: imagine a christian/muslim saying 'Aiye l'oja, orun n'ile'...'earth is the market, heaven is the home': Lmao! Na wetin you wan buy for earth self? Now, if you com do shopping finish, na where you wan carry am go? Heaven? Take go do wetin for there? Abi heaven no be perfect place again? And wetin all of una dey buy wey una never buy finish self? Una carry mat come market?

Abeg help me ask them ocheesy
Just-in-case heaven no dey make them enjoy this place.
Just-in-case mouth action no dey there make them do all the yama yama for ground.
Just-in-case heaven no get beer parlour make them shack all the ogogoro dem find for earth.
Just-in-case na only empty mansion and praise and worship wey dey for heaven biko make them buy all the private jet and samsung galaxy dem find for earth.

Christians una no go kill me with holy laughter o.
I hail una.
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 06, 2012
inurmind:

BUT YOU DO ERR NOT KNOWING SCRIPTURES. SCRIPTURE SAYS 2 TIMOTHY 2 VS 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. <<< YOU NEED TIME TO STUDY ALL THE SCRIPTURES. A LIFETIME. ABOUT 100 YEARS IS A GOOD TIME TO STUDY IT ALL grin grin grin
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 06, 2012
plappville:
Abi ooo grin grin
THESE HEATHENS THINK IT IS EASY TO READ THE WHOLE BIBLE. WE NEED TIME. AT LEAST 100 YEARS grin grin
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 06, 2012
Lord Babs: just-in-case....
NO JUST-IN-CASE HERE MY BROTHER. WE ARE 'RIDE OR DIE' GANGSTERS FOR THE LORD. grin OUR AFFILIATION IS SET IN BLOOD. SOLID BOND. STRONGER THAN GLUE
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 06, 2012
obadiah777: THESE HEATHENS THINK IT IS EASY TO READ THE WHOLE BIBLE. WE NEED TIME. AT LEAST 100 YEARS grin grin

lol!
Dude 2000 years have passed, ur are all still as clueless ever.
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by LordBabs(m): 11:45am On Dec 06, 2012
plappville:

The act of praying to God to bring death in the face is a selfish act. It is an act that ignores the feelings of loved ones. God will not honor such prayer.

A Christian life is a race in this world. Christians are expected to run that race to the end in order to receive their crowns. U will not get that crown if you shortcircuit ur race by asking God to cut it short. This is not because you enjoy ur present world. But because is is totally selfish. When you run a race, you are bound to get tired, weary, some times fall here and there.

But Christians are supposed to stand up and keep going until the Owner of their lives withdraws His breath of life from them. We do not decide for God. If a situation that
comprehension problem! English Skills! Who is asking you to pray for death? My question is this again, DO YOU MIND DYING BEFORE THIS YEAR RUNS OUT?
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 06, 2012
inurmind:

lol!
I AM NOT 2000 YEARS OLD undecided I AM RELATIVELY A NEW BORN BABY IF JUXTAPOSED WITH 2000 YEARS undecided
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 06, 2012
plappville:

WORDS OF WISDOM INDEED cry

1 Like

Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by LordBabs(m): 11:49am On Dec 06, 2012
inurmind:

lol!
lol! Give the clown a more 100years, his greatgrandchildren would laugh at his folly...by then which the bible would have been in extinction.
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by LordBabs(m): 11:52am On Dec 06, 2012
obadiah777: WORDS OF WISDOM INDEED cry
shiioo! You call that epistle wisdom? Smh!
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 06, 2012
Lord Babs: lol! Give the clown a more 100years, his greatgrandchildren would laugh at his folly...by then which the bible would have been in extinction.
OH YE SIMPLE ONES HOW LONG WILL YE LOVE SIMPLICITY ? *SMH*
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by mezdim: 12:52pm On Dec 06, 2012
@ poster from the origination of your topic,it tells how lost you have been since birth,how unintelligent you are,how backward you are and you continue bringing condermnation to yourself and your generation.
my advice to you,pray to God to give you the grace to love him.it is when you have a heart for God,every other thing will take place.

Heavenly Father forgive these souls for they dont know what the are doing,let the rhema of shiloh hit them so the will encounter you and spread the gospel in Jesus name,Amen. God bless you.
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by LordBabs(m): 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2012
mezdim: @ poster from the origination of your topic,it tells how lost you have been since birth,how unintelligent you are,how backward you are and you continue bringing condermnation to yourself and your generation.
my advice to you,pray to God to give you the grace to love him.it is when you have a heart for God,every other thing will take place.

Heavenly Father forgive these souls for they dont know what the are doing,let the rhema of shiloh hit them so the will encounter you and spread the gospel in Jesus name,Amen. God bless you.
another unfortunate hound!
Re: You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad? by LordBabs(m): 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2012
[quote author=mezdim][/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yhwh Never Changes, Jesus Christ Never Changes....yhwh Is Jesus Christ!!! / Major World Religions And Their Beliefs About God / PICS: Pastor And 480 Members Accept Islam, Convert Church To Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.