Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! (2599 Views)

Jealous Husband Baths Wife With With Acid For Leaving Him (photo) / Jilted Man Bathes Ex-lover With Acid In Lagos (Picture) / Man Bathes Girlfriend With Acid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by freesoul3(f): 2:39am On Dec 05, 2012

Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by freesoul3(f): 2:45am On Dec 05, 2012
The motive behind the acid bath of 22-year-old Chika Egbo by her estranged lover, David Sulaimon, remains elusive, but one thing is sure, the victim may not remain the same again. Chika is a student of the Enugu State College of Education.

Last Tuesday, when our correspondent visited her at the Burns Unit of the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, Egbo has become a shadow of the beautiful girl she was. The substance Sulaimon allegedly poured on her had destroyed every visible skin from her chest upwards.

She mumbled to her father, a Taraba State-based businessman, as she could neither see nor speak properly at the time.

When her father, Matthew Egbo, narrated the incident that led to Chika’s state, the story brought tears to his eyes as he lamented that his daughter would never be normal again.

Matthew said, “In March 2011, someone who identified himself as Lekan Sulaimon called me, asking for my daughter’s hand in marriage. We talked a lot and I promised to speak with Chika on the issue.
“My daughter later told me he was the boy she was in love with and said she had resolved to marry him.”

After much discussion, Matthew told Sulaimon to bring his parents for proper introduction, but the suitor said his father was ill and needed to be taken abroad for treatment. He also said his mother was abroad.

Matthew said, “On the June 25 date that we agreed on, Sulaimon brought seven men and four women dressed in Yoruba attire to my hometown, Enugu, where we held the introduction.
“But around November last year, my wife travelled from Taraba to Enugu and Chika told her she was pregnant.”

According to Matthew, Chika told her parents they should not be alarmed since she and Sulaiman had agreed to get married.

Chika was instructed to go to Lagos and tell Sulaiman’s relations about the pregnancy.
But when she got back from Lagos, Chika told her father that she discovered that most of what Sulaiman had told her about his parents were lies.

Matthew explained, “For instance, Chika discovered that Sulaimon’s father was hale and hearty. The father told her he was not aware of any plans by his son to get married.
“She also learnt that the mother was not abroad too. She visited her and she told us the woman received her well and even expressed joy that his son had found someone to marry.
“But after the visit, we heard nothing from neither Sulaimon nor his parents until after my daughter gave birth to a baby girl on May 4.

Our correspondent learnt that Chika had broached the idea of abortion to her parents, as she told them it was apparent that the man she was in love with had lied to her all along.
Matthew forbade her to consider abortion. After the baby was born, Chika was said to have informed Sulaimon, but he gave series of excuses why he could not visit her.
He reportedly told her he was facing some challenges and did not have the wherewithal to take care of the baby at the moment.

After a few months, Chika’s baby girl was weaned and taken to Taraba to live with Matthew and his wife.

The Egbos said they took the decision to take the baby off their daughter’s hands so that she could continue her study.
PUNCH Metro learnt that in November, Sulaimon began to request that he needed to see his baby, but Matthew told him to bring his parents to come and iron things out.

Chika was said to have insisted she did not want to have anything to do with the young man anymore.
But on November 5, Chika travelled to Lagos after Sulaimon had informed her that his mother wanted to see her. The unsuspecting girl left Enugu without informing her parents.
“My phone just rang that day and I was told to come to Lagos because a young man had poured acid on my daughter,” Chika’s father said.

Matthew said the message came as a rude shock since he was not aware his daughter went to Lagos. He explained that the police were the ones who got his number from her phone.
He said,“What I learnt was that when she arrived Igando, Lagos, Sulaimon met her and she demanded that he should take her to his mother who wanted to see her.

“What we gathered from the little she could mumble to us was that Sulaimon went behind a house and as they were about to pick an okada to his mother’s house, he brought out a polythene.
“But when they stopped at a point and Chika thought they were going to proceed to his mother’s house, he just opened a container in the polythene he was carrying and emptied its content on her head.

“She told us when she realised that what Sulaimon poured on her had began eating into her skin, she raised the alarm and called for help.”

PUNCH Metro learnt that passersby and sympathisers, who had been alerted to the young woman’s plight, pursued the fleeing Sulaimon. He was caught and taken to Ikotun Police Station. “Till now, I still don’t know why he did what he did,” Matthew said.

Divisional Police Officer of Ikotun, Mr. Augustin Akika, confirmed the incident, but said the suspect had been transferred to the state Criminal Investigations Department, Yaba.
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by NegroNtns(m): 2:49am On Dec 05, 2012
I am yet to read the story and get full background but regardless, this is inhumane. If he will do this to an igbo girl, in all likelihood and if he was pressed to same point of frustration, he will do it to Yoruba girl or Hausa girl. This has nothing to do with ethnicity....simply cold, cruel and inhuman.

4 Likes

Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by Nobody: 3:41am On Dec 05, 2012
Aggressive backwards ignorant monkey.

Either get your parents (or if theres a reason why you cant befriend your parents) call her father aside and explain things to him; talk it out man to man. Youre no longer a boy, Youre a man, youre a father.... next calm the girl down and let her see reason.

Sulaimon, your actions show youre still a child You thought being able to climb on a woman was what made you a man.....Poor Girl-Boy, he couldnt even control his feelings.

I hope they give you 100yrs in Prison. Then I hope some Igbo prisoners hear about what landed you there. Hopefully, they have gangs in there too like we see in the movies.
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by Nobody: 3:59am On Dec 05, 2012
kingoflag: Aggressive backwards ignorant monkey.

Either get your parents (or if theres a reason why you cant befriend your parents) call her father aside and explain things to him; talk it out man to man. Youre no longer a boy, Youre a man, youre a father.... next calm the girl down and let her see reason.

Sulaimon, your actions show youre still a child You thought being able to climb on a woman was what made you a man.....Poor Girl-Boy, he couldnt even control his feelings.

I hope they give you 100yrs in Prison. Then I hope some Igbo prisoners hear about what landed you there. Hopefully, they have gangs in there too like we see in the movies.
This may be a hoax afterall. Don't get all worked up.
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by FreeGlobe(f): 5:54am On Dec 05, 2012
I don't pity neither do I have interest in these igbo girls marrying into yorubaland. Ignorance kills
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by NegroNtns(m): 6:07am On Dec 05, 2012
FreeGlobe: I don't pity neither do I have interest in these igbo girls marrying into yorubaland. Ignorance kills

Mumu! If an igbo man does that to igbo woman would you urge igbo women to stop from marrying igbo men? ....how can you not have pity for this poor girl, regardless of who her attacker is?
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by malele(m): 6:14am On Dec 05, 2012
My igbo ladys pls stick to ur igbo men,
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by sheyguy: 6:21am On Dec 05, 2012
Sad sad sad, the guy must be punished if truely he did the silly crime.
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by NegroNtns(m): 6:25am On Dec 05, 2012
free_soul: Igbo women will never learn that Yoruba are the most wicked tribe in Africa.
They are just cowards, but if you give them the slightest chance they can do anything. Anything!

Im shocked that such a statement came from you. How can a people that never slaughter your men or disembowel your women be labeled such? Thisis an individual case basis that needs to be seen as such and protested by all. Beautiful souls as yourself should not be making ugly prejudiced statements.
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 05, 2012
Sad news.

But it seems like this is the opportunity for Ibhoe cowards to stop their women from sniffing after Yoruba men. If you can't beat them, ruin their reputation, no?

He didn't bath her with acid because she was Ibhoe, he bathed her with acid because he was a cruel man. And not because he was Yoruba.

It would be harsh to post several animalistic and wicked act carried out by Ibhoe men to kill Ibhoe women.
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:30am On Dec 05, 2012
I don't have anything against yoruba ppl but anyday my daughter mentions any "tunde" I will ask her "onye mulia"...people who don't respect their women,how can they spare a stranger. Its quite unfortunate and the damage is done!
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 05, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli: I don't have anything against yoruba ppl but anyday my daughter mentions any "tunde" I will ask her "onye mulia"...people who don't respect their women,how can they spare a stranger. Its quite unfortunate and the damage is done!

You have nothing against Yorubas, yet your post history is filled with hate-filled comments about them.

Must you lie to confirm your Ibhoe heritage?
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:32am On Dec 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Sad news.

But it seems like this is the opportunity for Ibhoe cowards to stop their women from sniffing after Yoruba men. If you can't beat them, ruin their reputation, no?

He didn't bath her with acid because she was Ibhoe, he bathed her with acid because he was a cruel man. And not because he was Yoruba.

It would be harsh to post several animalistic and wicked act carried out by Ibhoe men to kill Ibhoe women.

Look at you! Aren't you the person that just had a baby! May God have mercy on you..smh
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:34am On Dec 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You have nothing against Yorubas, yet your post history is filled with hate-filled comments about them.

Must you lie to confirm your Ibhoe heritage?

I used to go hard on y'all but I am done with that hate shiiit...I doesn't pay and you will see this in the long run.
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 05, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Look at you! Aren't you the person that just had a baby! May God have mercy on you..smh

LOL At people taking every NL post serious.

What does my so-so baby have to do with my post?

Did I make falseful state about Ibhoe men killing their Ibhoe wives in a more animalistic and wicked manner? What does tribe have to do with this case? Was cynthia not murdered by her Ibhoe brothers? cry cry
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 05, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

I used to go hard on y'all but I am done with that hate shiiit...I doesn't pay and you will see this in the long run.

Keep quiet my friend. Posting your hateful comments with another ID does not change the fact that you're a hateful person.

A cowardly biafran lion can't grow backbone overnight.
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by dayokanu(m): 6:39am On Dec 05, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli: I don't have anything against yoruba ppl but anyday my daughter mentions any "tunde" I will ask her "onye mulia"...people who don't respect their women,how can they spare a stranger. Its quite unfortunate and the damage is done!

The dont respect their women that makes them ABSU 5 rappe their sisters

Or you no see as Yoruba boys rapped and killed Cynthia Osukogu in FESTAC

or you no see as Yoruba men dey rappe their grandmothers in Enugu
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by NegroNtns(m): 6:59am On Dec 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Sad news.

..if we say Yoruba and Ibo cultures are irreconciliably different, then I dont even know how a cultural rite such as marriage across this divide will not heighten and accelerate pressure points that inherently must surface in a matrimony. Admittedly, there are exceptions.....but there far more Ibos chasing after and clinging to Yoruba, whether male or female, than it is in the other direction.
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by Mcdondayan: 7:12am On Dec 05, 2012
dayokanu:

The dont respect their women that makes them ABSU 5 rappe their sisters

Or you no see as Yoruba boys rapped and killed Cynthia Osukogu in FESTAC

or you no see as Yoruba men dey rappe their grandmothers in Enugu
king of bigotry, the e.areonikankafo of Ado Ekiti, i know you must be here. You feel so restive when ever you hear anything IGBO, be it good or bad. More oil to your elbow.
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by ba7man(m): 7:20am On Dec 05, 2012
I will never defend this guy b'cos he's yoruba. He deserves life-imprisonment. But i also expect ppl here to be enlightened enough to know that any man from any tribe can do the same to anyone. Its b'cos he's a wicked soul and not b'cos he's Yoruba. Pls, stop reasoning like illiterates.

1 Like

Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by seunfly: 7:27am On Dec 05, 2012
Huuum!!! Source bunibuni.com. Yet it is only that news we can find on that site since november 30. my peaple don't you smell foulplay? If we have a news so serious as this, are we saying no other media will report it other than bunibuni? Which kind of newsoutlet site will have just one news since november 30? Must we decend so low to the extent of creating website to lie just because we want to paint some peaple bad? Wooow!
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by GARRIx7(m): 7:35am On Dec 05, 2012
Yoruba man Bathes Igbo wife with acid.... Abi??

Why not:

Man Bathes wife with acid....

The man's action is crude, barbaric and inhuman. He should be thoroughly punished....
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by Napolitano(m): 7:37am On Dec 05, 2012
It's titles like this that generates tribalism. A proper press title should be Man bathes lover with Acid. Simple!
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by Antivirus92(m): 7:43am On Dec 05, 2012
I don't pity the girl, she deserved it. Next time, let igbo girls marry igbo guys. INTER-MARRIAGE IS A TABOO!
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by seunfly: 7:50am On Dec 05, 2012
free_soul:
http://www.bunibuni.com/all-category/naija-news/682-photos-how-my-daughter-s-fiance-bathed-her-with-acid

This website was created for this kind of things and i believe that if we can't channel our energy to productive things, we should rather save it than using it for distructive things especialy lies like this.
What stop the creator of this false news site from making a bridge building info site or better still image projecting site that will write about our culture, turism potential, our strenght, resources etc see what he or she is using it for spreading lies about Nigeria, no wonder we are going back.
How can we develop when we always think negative, even progresive ideas come to our mind we can't recognise it since our mind is full of evil.
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 05, 2012
NDI MMANU OFE..... ODIKWA EGWU!
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 05, 2012
This is one reason why I'll never be an in-law to any Yoruba man.
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by NegroNtns(m): 7:59am On Dec 05, 2012
berem: NDI MMANU OFE..... ODIKWA EGWU!

shut your mouth and speak English. if you no sabi english speak pidgin. yeye angry
Re: Man Bathes "Wife" With Acid! by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 05, 2012
educated foools abound on this NL! who does not know that any cruel man could do this to any innocent woman, no matter what d tribe?
dat man needs to be killed very slowly. and according to that story, from d beginning it was obvious there was somethng fishy about d man! d woman should have take causion then, but when ppl ar n love they ar usualy fooolishly blind!

2 Likes

(1) (2)

This Girl Stole My Phone Please Lets Catch Her!!!! / Soldiers Kill Dreaded Militant Leader Kareowei Who Killed UK Man In Delta(pics) / I Went To Nigeria To Meet The Man Who Scammed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.