Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Sacking Of Non-indigenes By Abia State Government. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sacking Of Non-indigenes By Abia State Government. (991 Views)

How Obama Influenced The Sacking Of Service Chiefs – Vanguard / Milverton Avenue Constructed By Abia Governor . / Ta Orji's Son Chinedu Nominated Minister By Abia Pdp. Lwkmd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacking Of Non-indigenes By Abia State Government. by sydneyobioha(m): 5:51am On Dec 05, 2012
Sacking of non-indegenes by Abia state led Gov. T.A. Orji.
Leaders should Be Creative and not Destructive
The lessons from the life of Steve Jobs should be taught
to some of the so called Igbo Leaders. Talent or position
is given to one, not for destruction of other lives but for
the advancement of society and mankind in general. A
teacher is creative in classroom to impact knowledge to
learners, a physician is consumed with investigation of
abstract matters to save more and more lives, a lawyer
speaks eloquently to defend citizens and protect human
rights, and so is the case with others working in various
human organizations.
In a free world, government makes laws that will
guarantee right to livelihood. Even in communist nations
laws are made in consideration of food, shelter and
family. But in Nigeria a politician is in to rob public treasury
at the expense of the citizens. Also laws are made as in
the case of T.A Orji to divert attention for inept political
leadership. By his actions, he has instituted secular drama
of which the new actors are ordinary citizens and few
concerned politicians that want to make headlines.
I will point to the fact that he, Governor Orji and his
overzealous advisers have been spared and ignored on
their excesses, endemic corruption, intimidation tactics
and mind boggling fiscal policies. Leadership comes with
creativity and vision. So what can we allude to T. A. Orji,
who has willfully imposed economic hardship on fellow
Igbos? By expelling non indigenes of Abia from Public
service, the governor cannot assert that the victims of
his repression is the reason why Aba(The Great Enyimba
City) has turned out to be, one of the worse slums since
independence. Many of these sacked non-indigenes have families and ppl depending on them for sustainance, and many of them have lost their lives as a result of hardship and trauma
Naïve intellectual citadels of isolation or disunity cannot
proffer well in 21st century. Today, the world has gone
global in so many ways including goods and services. The
goal now, is to have a planetary village that endorses
both collective human activities and collective human
endeavors. Such activities shun boundary restrictions as it
fosters great many ideas that will profit regions. While I
pause, I will caution that the Governor needs no applause
for letting these disengaged/dislocated workers flourish in his state
for so long. Examining closely, I will bet that most of the
laid-off workers if not all were born and raised in Abia State.
In democracy as we profess in Nigeria, goals are not set
by edicts while on top. But it is done by negotiations,
bargaining and inclusion of stakeholders’ interest. What
argument will Mr. Governor advance in defense, if other
Abia citizens all over the world are sent back to Abia
state for means of livelihood?
Mr. Governor, your action is not leadership, it is
incompetence framed in political fear, wickedness, act of man
inhumanity to and man and Anti-Ndigbo.
God will surely judge us all..!
Hon Sydney Onyema .O.
Re: Sacking Of Non-indigenes By Abia State Government. by drnoel: 8:08am On Dec 05, 2012
That man T. Orji is a fool and probably an illiterate. People in the country are talking of citizenship and he is still running after indigenes in his state. Has he built the roads in his state, what of electricity, what does he pay his workers. Abeg next...
Re: Sacking Of Non-indigenes By Abia State Government. by sydneyobioha(m): 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
U can imagine d kind of pain and hardship those victims are passing through right? I wish federal govt. Will interceed on their behalf..

[/quote][quote author=drnoel]That man T. Orji is a fool and probably an illiterate. People in the country are talking of citizenship and he is still running after indigenes in his state. Has he built the roads in his state, what of electricity, what does he pay his workers. Abeg next..
Re: Sacking Of Non-indigenes By Abia State Government. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hmmmm,

Thats what happen even in DIVISION
Re: Sacking Of Non-indigenes By Abia State Government. by sydneyobioha(m): 10:39am On Dec 10, 2012
Moderator, front page please?
Re: Sacking Of Non-indigenes By Abia State Government. by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
Na today...Enugu sacked all civil servants of Anambra extraction after Enugu was carved out of the old Anambra and the state capital went to Enugu....Not only that but Onoh also went around claiming all the lands owned by Anambrarians out of jealousy..."Pride of the East my" my a..ss!
Re: Sacking Of Non-indigenes By Abia State Government. by mcdave92(m): 8:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
dat T.A orji,has made a terrible mistake,cos evry1 in abia state is nw pointin a bad finger @ him,cos he has made many pple hmeless,jobless,futureless,so many bad tins dat he has done,i dnt wnt 2 start talkin abt dat,al i jst wnt him 2 do is jst cal bck d poor pple dat he hve sackd.cos dia is no sensible human being dat wil sack workers in dia own country ,in dia ethnic state n say they r nt indigenes,kipin pple unemployd cos d r nt 4rm abia??GOD HELP T.A ORJI COS HE IS REALLY BRINGIN A COURSE 2 HIMSELF

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should GEJ Use Victor Moses And Ahmed Musa As Peace Ambassadors for Nigeria / Apo 6: MASSOB Declares Sit-at-home June 8 / Is Nigeria Space Programmes Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.