Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' (9593 Views)

The Asaba Central Hospital And State Library Complex Projects By Okowa / APC Vows To Win All 36 National And State Assemblies Seats In Rivers Re-run / Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
Osun state is the entity while state of osun is the CONDITION the governor met the state when he entered
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Clemzy16(m): 1:04pm On Dec 05, 2012
There is no other explanation to this; Aregbosola wants to immortalize his name. That's all.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by wizb: 2:08pm On Dec 05, 2012
femi4: See as you dey type rubbish with confidence!

Lol!!!
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by not2long(m): 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2012
State of Osun is the right one.

There is no where you see Texas state or California State

Its State of Texas , State of California.

Aregbesola is correct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eozgyUlDR4Y
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by dayokanu(m): 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
^^ Thank you for that link

Listen from 5minute mark
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by bamto(m): 5:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
Ikengawo: it means a lot if you have a strong grasp of english

State of Osun says that Osun is an entity beyond the state it's self and State of Osun is the state body representing that entity
Osun State say that Osun is the type of state you're dealing with

State of Osun is therefore recognizing Osun's precolonial or possibly cultural legacy and saying this particular state is only representing that.
I can authoritatively confirm to you that this is gibberish!

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by bamto(m): 6:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
femi4: Gbenga Daniel actually changed OGBC and OGTV to Gatway radio and GTV respectively
Thanks. Modified.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by emmasege: 6:16pm On Dec 05, 2012
what do u expect 4m a man who is sick in the head, a deviant?. I remain an indigene of Osun State.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by bamto(m): 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
not2long: State of Osun is the right one.

There is no where you see Texas state or California State

Its State of Texas , State of California.

Aregbesola is correct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eozgyUlDR4Y
So, the United States- not even Britain- is our model? Smh...
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On Dec 05, 2012
bamto:
So, the United States- not even Britain- is our model? Smh...

Try get some education. Our democracy is fashioned after the Presidential system in the US and not the British parliamentary system
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Tenny05(m): 6:45pm On Dec 05, 2012
i don't think changing of state's name should be an issue.it's rubbish!
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by bamto(m): 6:51pm On Dec 05, 2012
dayokanu:

Try get some education. Our democracy is fashioned after the Presidential system in the US and not the British parliamentary system
I'm talking 'Use of English,' you're talking system of Government. Between, does modeling a system mean aping everything in it? If we fail to 'fashion our democracy' after US in terms of nomenclature for state, does it take anything away from our democracy? The point is: grammatically the difference btw 'Osun State' and 'State of Osun' is just like the difference btw six and half a dozen!

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by dayokanu(m): 6:56pm On Dec 05, 2012
bamto:
I'm talking 'Use of English,' you're talking system of Government. Between, does modeling a system mean aping everything in it? If we fail to 'fashion our democracy' after US in terms of nomenclature for state, does it take anything away from our democracy? The point is: grammatically the difference btw 'Osun State' and 'State of Osun' is just like the difference btw six and half a dozen!

State of osun is the right way to pronouce it and Ogbeni Aregbesola has given the reason in the youtube above.

Is there anywhere where they call it like we do? In the UK do they call it like we do?

State of Oyo, State of lagos, State of Anambra is the ideal way
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 05, 2012
dont you people know that Osun state is named after River Osun. Osun is a goddess and that is why it is called living spring. State of Osun simply means the state that belongs to Osun. I dont know why you people want to kill youself on this issue
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 06, 2012
Ikengawo: it means a lot if you have a strong grasp of english

State of Osun says that Osun is an entity beyond the state it's self and State of Osun is the state body representing that entity

State of Osun is therefore recognizing Osun's precolonial or possibly cultural legacy and saying this particular state is only representing that.

...I bet u didn't read yor write-up before u posted it,truth is u have not contributed anything meaningful. U cum across as a confused person who lacks any grasp of English
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by abes(m): 8:32am On Dec 06, 2012
dayokanu:

State of osun is the right way to pronouce it and Ogbeni Aregbesola has given the reason in the youtube above.

Is there anywhere where they call it like we do? In the UK do they call it like we do?

To add to this,
There is nowhere in the constitution where 'Osun State' or 'name State' is mentioned.

3. (1) There shall be 36 states in Nigeria, that is to say, Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe and Zamfara.

(2) Each state of Nigeria, named in the first column of Part I of the First Schedule to this Constitution, shall consist of the area shown opposite thereto in the second column of that Schedule.

(3) The headquarters of the Governor of each State shall be known as the Capital City of that State as shown in the third column of the said Part I of the First Schedule opposite the State named in the first column thereof.

(4) The Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, shall be as defined in Part II of the First Scheduled to this Constitution.

(5) The provisions of this Constitution in Part I of Chapter VIII hereof shall in relation to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, have effect in the manner set out thereunder.

(6) There shall be 768 Local Government Areas in Nigeria as shown in the second column of Part I of the First Schedule to this Constitution and six area councils as shown in Part II of that Schedule.
Source
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by omotbol: 9:13am On Dec 06, 2012
BAROOF AREGBESOLA! How does that affect governance and standard of living?
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by wengerjay(m): 10:31am On Dec 06, 2012
That one na JAMB Question o!Make Ogbeni Rauf answer am ke.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by maasoap(m): 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2012
The inclusion of preposition in the latter is the difference. Do you get it?
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by bamto(m): 5:01pm On Dec 07, 2012
lamjell: dont you people know that Osun state is named after River Osun. Osun is a goddess and that is why it is called living spring. State of Osun simply means the state that belongs to Osun. I dont know why you people want to kill youself on this issue
What point have you made now?
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by bamto(m): 5:09pm On Dec 07, 2012
dayokanu:

I insist that both State of Osun and Osun State are correct. We have both forms in the United States. Changing the pattern we adopted over 50years ago overnight is ridiculous.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by bamto(m): 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2012
Frankie9ice:

...I bet u didn't read yor write-up before u posted it,truth is u have not contributed anything meaningful. U cum across as a confused person who lacks any grasp of English
Consider changing your name to FrankieUn9ice. Rofl.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Dec 07, 2012
bamto:
I insist that both State of Osun and Osun State are correct. We have both forms in the United States. Changing the pattern we adopted over 50years ago overnight is ridiculous.

Give an example analogous to "Osun State" in the united States
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Lanretoye(m): 7:22am On Dec 18, 2017
osun state and state of osun is not a matter of nomenclature or English as far as government is concerned...the structure and system of government differ in both instances.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by bernf16(m): 9:46am On Dec 18, 2017
...my Learned friend!!! is the state of Osun owing its workers, pensioners and other affiliates?

Projects embarked on, were they executed to the finished?

LAUTECH saga how is it affecting u?

Dictionary meaning of State means (Oxford): the condition of someone or something.

...now let me redefine it for u Sir: state of osun simply means the feelings, conditions and moods been experienced by the people of Osun state.

my fellow Osun state residents will shed more light on this Sir...I solemnly submit!!!

Ikengawo:
it means a lot if you have a strong grasp of english

Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by bernf16(m): 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2018
Is that the dictionary meaning of "state"? Or just your promulgated explanation!

bernf16:
...my Learned friend!!! is the state of Osun owing its workers, pensioners and other affiliates?

Projects embarked on, were they executed to the finished?

LAUTECH saga how is it affecting u?

Dictionary meaning of State means (Oxford): the condition of someone or something.

...now let me redefine it for u Sir: state of osun simply means the feelings, conditions and moods been experienced by the people of Osun state.

my fellow Osun state residents will shed more light on this Sir...I solemnly submit!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eko Bridge Repairs Starts August 23, Bridge Won't Be Closed / ISIS Beheads Elderly Man Accused Of Witchcraft (gore Image Inside) / Bayelsa Governor, Seriake Dickson’s Wife Passes Away - Theimpulseng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.