Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet (5911 Views)

Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH / FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / Off-loading The Presidential Fleet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by Humanbeans(m): 9:42am On Dec 05, 2012
INFORMATION obtained from government aviation agencies and airline operators has revealed that President Goodluck Jonathan-led administration spends an estimated N9.08bn annually on the Presidential Air Fleet.

PAF has the third largest fleet of aircraft in the country. According to findings, the PAF contains a total of 10 aircraft, coming closely behind Aerocontractors Airlines, which has a total of 14 aircraft.

Arik Air, the largest commercial airline in the country, has a fleet of 23 aircraft.

Figures obtained from the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency, Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, and the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority revealed that N9.08bn is spent to maintain the 10 presidential jets every year.

The PAF include two Falcon 7X jets, two Falcon 900 jets, Gulfstream 550, one Boeing 737 BBJ (Nigerian Air Force 001 or Eagle One), and Gulfstream IVSP.

Others are one Gulfstream V, Cessna Citation 2 aircraft and Hawker Siddley 125-800 jet.

Cost of running fleet

According to a former Minister of Information, Professor, Dora Akunyili, each of the two Falcon 7X jets purchased in 2010 cost $51.1m, while the Gulfstream 550 costs $53.3m.

The factory price of other aircraft in the fleet could not be easily obtained online. However, airline CEOs put the average price of Falcon 900 at $35m, Gulfstream IVSP as $40m, Gulfstream V at $45m, Boeing 737 BBJ at $58m, Cessna Citation is $7m and Hawker Siddley 125-800 at $15m.

This brings a combined estimated value of Nigeria’s PAF to $390.5m (N60.53bn).

According to airline chief executives and industry experts, airlines spend between 15 and 20 per cent of the cost of an aircraft on its operation yearly. They say that averagely, a little less than one-fifth of the cost of the plane is spent every year on insurance, flight and cabin crew, maintenance, fuelling, catering and training.

Going by the fact that at least 15 per cent of this amount is spent annually on operating the PAF, it means about $58.57m (N9.08bn ) is spent annually on running the planes .

Nigeria happens to be one of few countries of the world with a large PAF.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-spends-n9bn-annually-on-10-aircraft-presidential-fleet/
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by 3direct: 11:21am On Dec 05, 2012
My advise Please do not steal, nigerian politician hates competition!

1 Like

Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 05, 2012
its not my business how much FG spent on jet, i have my family to look after.

2 Likes

Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by Bigflamie(m): 11:23am On Dec 05, 2012
Mismanagement of public fund,SMH typing from my neighbors PC.
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by Takara: 11:25am On Dec 05, 2012
Fresh Air!

1 Like

Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by lafuria1(m): 11:26am On Dec 05, 2012
O.T.I.S:
of course we all do. you would be able to look after ur family better if the govt spend more, efficiently and with zeal on infrastructure (health and education)like it does in maintaing its 10 aircraft and other trivial spendings.

3 Likes

Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by Catchfire1: 11:30am On Dec 05, 2012
So? Do u want GEJ to be using the same jet everyday?

Take your time o!
angry angry

1 Like

Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by 3direct: 11:31am On Dec 05, 2012
la furia:
of course we all do. you would be able to look after ur family better if the govt spend more, efficiently and with zeal on infrastructure (health and education)like it does in maintaing its 10 aircraft and other trivial spendings.
**mchew**
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by olapluto(m): 11:33am On Dec 05, 2012
We need more than 10. I pray Jonathan buys at least 10 more. When the messiah president arrives, we will make all of them commercial, and Nigeria Airways can be back to where it belongs.

1 Like

Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by jimino(m): 11:38am On Dec 05, 2012
hw wil dis affect d lives of ordinary nigerians who r struggling. Dis goverment has misplace it priority.
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by free2ryhme: 11:48am On Dec 05, 2012
thieves
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by goldfish80(m): 11:56am On Dec 05, 2012
No president on earth needs 10 airplanes!!!
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by bknight: 12:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
Whew! And I am wondering how many vessels in PNF undecided
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by TRILLIONIAR: 12:04pm On Dec 05, 2012
TEN JETS STANDING, STANDING ON THE WALL IF ONE JET SHOULD ACCIDENTLY FALL ....................
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by TRILLIONIAR: 12:08pm On Dec 05, 2012
TEN JETS STANDING, STANDING ON THE WALL IF ONE JET SHOULD ACCIDENTLY FALL DOWN...................

1 Like

Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by takedat(m): 12:13pm On Dec 05, 2012
If we complain some bigoted and sentimental foo.ls will raise inane and jejune excuses that we are fond of criticising a spendthrift government. This is the height of profligacy and not until our anger level rises to a higher decibel and we start shaming this government, we will all quench in our silent anguish.
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by iamswizz(m): 12:15pm On Dec 05, 2012
Thunder fire any president that is calling for the removal of fuel subsidy
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by victorD3: 12:25pm On Dec 05, 2012
Catch_fire: So? Do u want GEJ to be using the same jet everyday?

Take your time o!
angry angry

It has been that way before GEJ surfaced
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by Werehkpe: 12:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
O.T.I.S:

I dont like calling people names but you are a BIG FOOL!

Its cus of pipo like u dat we are so backward. We all have families to feed and the truth is if u question and resist such stupendous expenditures by your govt, you will have to work less hard to cater for your family.

WORD.
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by Werehkpe: 12:50pm On Dec 05, 2012
TRILLIONIAR: TEN JETS STANDING, STANDING ON THE WALL IF ONE JET SHOULD ACCIDENTLY FALL DOWN...................

Please o! Let that one wen fall fall with GEJ and his senators inside jare
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by ypzilanti: 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2012
Now ask the question: How many helicopter air ambulances do we have in Nigeria to ferry violently traumatized accident victims to hospitals?

ZERO

They could easily create such a program where FRSC officials can easily radio for help in dire cases, but that is not the kind of thing our government thinks of.

They would rather buy 10 jets to ferry politicians all around Nigeria, but no air ambulances for the citizens.

Meanwhile one of the first acts of GEJ as substantial president was to purchase two more planes. The justification then was that the fleet was aging. So why not sell the remaining planes?

2 Likes

Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by GARRIx7(m): 1:01pm On Dec 05, 2012
The PDP-Led FG under GEJ has taken profligacy to unimaginable heights. After spending such sums on their personal comfort, they turn around to tell Nigerians to make sacrifices and bear the pains of their wicked policy(SUBSIDY).

GEJ's motto: A-LOOTER Continua, Victoria Aceta!!!
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by ypzilanti: 1:04pm On Dec 05, 2012
O.T.I.S:

A little critical thinking will show you that it would be easier for you to feed your family if government was working for you.

There are enough problems that are created by government that will eventually affect your family...keep feeding them. grin

Shey you will provide job for them when they grow? Shey your daughter will see EMPLOYED graduate to marry at marriage age? Shey you have money to fly loved ones abroad in times of illness? Or when kidnappers and armed robbers come you will do James Bond and defend yourself?

2 Likes

Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by oraclefemi(m): 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
Invest that on the railway system and see the movement of goods connecting to all parts of Nigeria thereby helping the economy
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by Olaolufred(m): 1:49pm On Dec 05, 2012
ypzilanti: Now ask the question: How many helicopter air ambulances do we have in Nigeria to ferry violently traumatized accident victims to hospitals?

ZERO

They could easily create such a program where FRSC officials can easily radio for help in dire cases, but that is not the kind of thing our government thinks of.

They would rather buy 10 jets to ferry politicians all around Nigeria, but no air ambulances for the citizens.

Meanwhile one of the first acts of GEJ as substantial president was to purchase two more planes. The justification then was that the fleet was aging. So why not sell the remaining planes?

SORRY!
BUT THEY REALLY ARE NOT THINKING OF YOU.
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by seunfly: 1:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
Huuuummm! That amont of money could have built atleast one standard hospital per anum, in six years we would have had one standard hopital in each geopolicatl zone and in 12years atleast two in each geopolitical zone. Better still the money can be given to 2000 unemploye graduate as a start up capital inform of loan, this graduate can inturn give employement to another 40000 peaple if gov can do that every year for 6years 12000 graudate would have benefited while 240000 peaple would have gained direct employments. No, not our wicked leaders who have trown our jobs, hospitals etc away to an unrecoverable agenda.
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by taharqa: 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by dipotech: 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2012
Haba, what are the legislators (or rather legislooters) doing with this lavish spender President doing?

I hope they are not calling for the wrath of God. No job for our graduates and almost nothing in the country works again and these so called useless leaders are wasting so much.

Let God arise to save this nation.
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by Dee60: 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
President is flying on FRESH AIR!
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by Dee60: 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2012
It is because we kept voting candidates who never wore shoes to secondary school!
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by poccahunter(f): 3:09pm On Dec 05, 2012
It will never be well with them in their private matters!
Re: FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet by Bestlyf: 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
...And when a pastor owns just one jet everyone cries foul; wants him to sell it and take care of the poor in his church. I can now see how the N9.08bn used in maintaining the presidential fleet annualy is used to take care of the poor masses in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Positive Change Abians Need By Dominic Barcity / Atiku Is On The Verge Of Victory, See Why / Breaking: Ihedioha Wins Governorship, Defeats Okorocha, Uche Nwosu. See Full Res

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.