Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Help Or Advice! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help Or Advice! (1053 Views)

What's Driving From Lagos To Warri Like? Share Your Opinion,experience Or Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Or Advice! by sholay4star: 11:54am On Dec 05, 2012
Hello and how are you, yes, i'm greeting you and every Nairalander all over the World as well as Guest Of Nairaland.

Spare me a moment to read my short text and your candid advice, help or both can just do the miracle i'm hoping for.

I'm a graduate of Geography from a recognized Federal University, I wanted to study Economics/Management and Accounting but couldn't made the cut off. All my frantic effort to changed the course was prove abortive and eventually graduated with a 3rd Class. But while in school, i tried all within me to see beyond my course, i discover and master where my interest lies, which is agriculture. This interest made me to attend alot of workshop on Poultry, Rabbitary, Snailry, Fish-farming and breeding, Piggery/Swine rearing among other.

I'm not extremely poor at my academics and could have still made 2nd class lower but my Thesis wasn't favoured because i had 48D(6 Units) and that same semester i had the worst of all result 4E's and 1C because courses like Environmental Impact Assessment, Micro-Climatology and others are far to much to what i can comprehend!

Thank God i had no extra, maybe i wouldn't have been able to re-run the courses because I was already broken beyond repair.

Shortly after my B.Sc, i got posted to Ogun State for my NYSC and posted to Odogbolu for my PPA. I served in a Public Secondary School and during my service year, i took time to look for a serene environment to start my agric-biz, through the help of a colleague, i got 2plots land @ #140'000 each, i paid approximately #300'000 to include the survey and "owo-adua" as the so called omo-onile called it.

It took me about 2month to start the developmental work because i tried to hustle for moro money and thank God because it was during the election and i also took my time and came up with a very good designs. I planned to start with Poultry birds and Fish-farming but that dream never come to pass because i just bought one Hon. Gbenga Oduwaiye's land!

My LGI summoned me afterwards and warned me seriously, i became a subject of laughter at the CDS, well, life continues!

I raised almost #250'000 during the election, i never do any shaddy deal and for those who may want to ask, the source of the money were:
1. Inec Registration that started on Jan 15th.
2. Money earned per election day.
3. Arrears of monthly allowance increament.
4. Arrears of State allowance.

After my NYSC, i came home and invested in a Viewing Center becaus there was none in my area but the move was wrong because my customer base is so small and i hardly make profit, i have been trying to go back to my agric-biz but to capital and feel so frustrated. I've applied to so many places even to so many company as a Casual/Labourer but no offer.

The reason why i post this piece here is because someone gave me a link of Canadian Work Force where i could get a Job and get the LMO which will enable me to obtain a Visa.

The bottom-line is I'm fed up and very Tired of this Country I need HelP to get out of this hell, i don't mind a Labourer Job in as much as its a job and i'll be getting paid!
Re: Help Or Advice! by Opoki(m): 2:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
This Unemployment is becoming a Monster!

My advice: Think different and come up with a clue... It may not necessarily u travel out of this hell.
Right here in hell, some are king.

1 Like

Re: Help Or Advice! by fittty(m): 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
Grades has nothing to do with your success in life. Wole Soyinka had a 3rd Class. There are lots of Buisiness men who never studied but now employ graduates with First Class/ Second class grades.. If you want to leave the shores of nigeria you could go for your Masters degree. There are lots of schools that accept 3rd Class graduates from Nigeria into the USA, and Uk for Masters programme. I'll recomend the USA for you. All you need to do is put in more efforts during your masters to show u could do better than your undergraduate grade. And then get a white collar job instead of the casual one
Re: Help Or Advice! by sholay4star: 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
Thanks Mr. Fitty.
pls kindly recommend the schl as i patiently wait.
Re: Help Or Advice! by sholay4star: 3:18am On Feb 03, 2018
Opoki:
This Unemployment is becoming a Monster!

My advice: Think different and come up with a clue... It may not necessarily u travel out of this hell.
Right here in hell, some are king.

How time flies... couldn't believe I was so outbroken and type all this here... God I'm grateful.

thank your advice, your advice brought me where I am today, I felt the connection when I saw your handle tonight and I've tried to DM you.
Re: Help Or Advice! by sholajigga(m): 11:11am On Feb 03, 2018
How’s life now? Did you travel out of the country or became a “KING” in this hell (Nigeria).

sholay4star:

How time flies... couldn't believe I was so outbroken and type all this here... God I'm grateful.

thank your advice, your advice brought me where I am today, I felt the connection when I saw your handle tonight and I've tried to DM you.
Re: Help Or Advice! by Opoki(m): 12:12pm On Feb 03, 2018
sholay4star:

How's life treating you? If you have been fortunate to make it bigger than others, bro, build a long table, feast with those who are struggling to be like you, don't be scared of the less privileged and because of that build a tall wall. Happy weekend.

1 Like

Re: Help Or Advice! by Goldenboy007(m): 1:32pm On Feb 03, 2018
sholay4star:

It seems you finally figured it out. Thank God. If things have changed you can share your experience so that others can learn from it.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

7000 Nigerians Are Schooling In The US - Consul General / Malaysia Launches Its First Islamic Airline / Queen Of Sheba’s Grave And Other Interesting Places To Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.