Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... (46920 Views)

Okparaji Paul, Nollywood Actor Is dead(pix) / Is It True That Zeeworld Is Dead/ Pix. / Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by buchibabe: 5:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
danduchi: Another Nollywood icon...Enebeli Elebuwa has been crying for help;hoping the govt wld come to aid but they remain adamant.Nollywood is trying,govt shld assist this industry as they are one of Nigeria's biggest exporters.All the same R.I.P Enebeli,your character wld always be remembered.

Delta state govt finally came to his help
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by tayejay(m): 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2012
This is really so sad. May his soul rest in peace. Amen
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by ave4(f): 5:45pm On Dec 05, 2012
May his soul rest in peace.I hoped for good news regarding his health...God knows best.
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by andyolo(m): 5:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
May his soul be accepted by God, RIP Andrew, checking out to meet the lord
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by sammyjay3(m): 6:08pm On Dec 05, 2012
A Great Icon Is gone
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 05, 2012
That picture's really sad. sad
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by bigshow11: 6:32pm On Dec 05, 2012
O what a Great lost, I fill very sad to read this, he was such a great icon in the movie industry may his soul rest is peace. May God give his family the fortitude to bear the in-repair able lost.
PEACE
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by topchef: 6:58pm On Dec 05, 2012
An accomplished and very versatile actor , RIP sir !
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by Yeske2(m): 7:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
Rest dear, RIP
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by tushbobo(m): 7:13pm On Dec 05, 2012
RIP Enebeli
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by Asis(m): 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2012
RIP
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by coolted(m): 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2012
ANDREW HAS FINALLY CHECKED OUT. RIP Man.
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by on3simus: 7:45pm On Dec 05, 2012
May his soul rest in peace. Come 2015 Nigerians should pls vote for credible people to run the affairs of this country. These deaths could be prevented if we have good health system.
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by sammyfunk: 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2012
may his soul rest in peace
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2012
Morgan1092: R.I.P. Man.

@ pix: is dis how he was b4 he died?
No. The picture was taken after his death.
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by babybos(m): 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2012
R I P
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by okoyegabriel818(m): 9:24pm On Dec 05, 2012
A big tree,have fallen,may his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by yuzedo: 9:34pm On Dec 05, 2012
Morgan1092: @ pix: is dis how he was b4 he died?
meenagiggs:
No. The picture was taken after his death.
Eshu! grin grin grin embarassed
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by fairygeh(f): 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
RIP One of the best Actors Nollywood could boast of,talented and a natural actor to the core.Death where is thy sting? sad cry cry
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by fairygeh(f): 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2012
RIP one of the best actors Nollywood could boast of,talented and natural actor to the core.Death where is thy sting? sad cry
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by Remii(m): 11:01pm On Dec 05, 2012
ola4yinka: Irony of life, someone who was involved in a campaign against Nigerians migrating abroad died abroad....
RIP....Enebeli Elebuwa

guy man, he did not check out, he went for treatment. he leaved by his word. maybe if he checked out in 1980s, his new govt would have taken care of him now.

RIP Enebeli Elebuwa
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by Elebiju: 11:09pm On Dec 05, 2012
''''''Looks around and shred page'''''he died to create space for someone else
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by awuf2008: 11:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
The man is an ICON in the movie industry. RIP.
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by scopusng(m): 11:49pm On Dec 05, 2012
Rest in peace.
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by naptu2: 4:07am On Dec 06, 2012
Cornel88: how sure are you please?

The story was on Rhythm FM news the next day.

tosinadeda: i really dnt know if this should be here or under crime
buts its pathetic

[size=14pt]Veteran actor, Enebeli Elebuwa ‘Andrew’ battered[/size]
By AZUH AMATUS
Thursday, December 4, 2008

Nigeria may soon lose the services of one of its finest entertainers, Enebeli Elebuwa, if urgent medical attention is not provided for his left eye, which was recently battered by a heartless Nigerian.

In a voice laden with pains and regret, the veteran actor, who became famous in the “Andrew Wants To Check Out,” TV re-orientation promo in the 80’s, narrated his ordeal in the hands of his attacker, simply identified as Dike, an auto dealer at Berger, Apapa, Lagos.

According to Elebuwa, 62, “ What you are looking at (removing his dark spectacles to reveal a battered left eye), happened in the evening of Friday, November 28, 2008, at the Mobil Filling Station, Aguda, Surulere, Lagos.”

Explaining further, Elebuwa, now weeping and writhing in pains said: “ We were on a moving queue when this young man came from nowhere and wanted to jump the queue with his car, but other law abiding motorists protested but the man refused.

That was when I alighted from my car and was trying to plead with him to follow due process. But to my consternation, he started cursing and shouting my full name and told me to get out of his sight. When I tried again to calm him down, he started abusing me and boasted that my being an actor does not mean he cannot deal with me and nothing would happen. I later got closer and asked him, if I was not old enough to be his father. I had not finished saying this when he brought out a sharp object and stabbed me in the eye at a close range and I immediately passed out.”

Elebuwa, further disclosed that when this happened, an angry mob that had already gathered descended on Dike, and were about lynching him, when some policemen came and whisked him away to Aguda Police Station, Surulere.

At the station an officer who pleaded for anonymity confirmed the incident to Daily Sun and disclosed that Dike was detained for three days, before being released on bail. He referred the reporter to the Lagos police spokesman, Frank Mba who pleaded for time to get information on the incident.

Elebuwa, also called on well-meaning Nigerians to immediately come to his aid, adding that his doctor had advised him to travel abroad for further treatment, but he could not afford the cost.

“I’m totally helpless now and cannot even work due to my condition, and have spent so much on the eye. Well-meaning Nigerians should come to my aid, I do not want to go blind,” he pleaded.

While condemning the unwholesome attack on Elebuwa, Mr. Ejike Asiegbu, the national president of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), also urged the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mike Okiro, to ensure that the suspect does not go scot free. “We are appealing to the police authority to ensure that the man that perpetrated this evil act does not go free.

The security agencies should do something, because attacks on entertainers, especially our people in Nollywood are on the increase. We are just entertainers doing our best to help re-brand and repackage the image of this country through our creative arts, but some social misfits and disgruntled Nigerians, are not happy with our collective efforts. Its uncalled for.”

Also speaking, Mr. Adim Williams, the vice president of the Association of Movie Producers (AMP), said his association and all the other bodies in Nollywood condemned the attack in its entirety, adding that the suspect must be immediately brought to justice. “We want this man to be quickly charged to court, and jailed if found guilty, at least, that will serve as a deterrent to others still lurking around to do evil.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/dec/4/505.html

https://www.nairaland.com/204531/actor-enebili-elebuwa-stabbed-eye
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 06, 2012
Rest in peace, Accept my condolence d family
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by shizzle11(m): 6:38am On Dec 06, 2012
Ɣ☺ΰ were a great actor, RIP
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:03am On Dec 06, 2012
RIP sir!
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by Mpetempe(m): 7:28am On Dec 06, 2012
fellis: Eya.. Dr. Sign Firearms prayers did not work for the man. I remember that the actor went to Firearm's church for prayers earlier this year.

U're a trouble maker.
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by dlinglos(f): 9:36am On Dec 06, 2012
RIP. You were a wonderful actor! I think government should assist the movie industry. Most of them die of ailment after years of calling for government assistance. I mean we've lost some great nollywood actors this year. Na wa o! cry Which kind movie we go dey watch now? Only d one of half naked ladies. undecidedD wise men just dey go like dat1 Hmmm cry cry cry
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by guvna(m): 9:41am On Dec 06, 2012
RIP
Re: Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... by anwukah1: 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2012
What a lost..anoda nollywood actor passed away!but why is the face like dat?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funny Toheeb Recreates Yemi Alade, Davido, Wizkid And Other Celebs Poses / Regina Daniels Celebrates Somadina Adinma On His Birthday (Photos) / Timi Dakolo's Loving Birthday Message To His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.