Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,237 members, 7,829,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Nigerians Are The Cause Of Nigerias Problems - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are The Cause Of Nigerias Problems (777 Views)

Solutions To Nigerias Problems, Pls A Must Read / Democracy Is Not The Answer To Nigerias. Problems / Solution To Nigerias Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are The Cause Of Nigerias Problems by joseph1832(m): 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
What I find amazing in some, if not most of my country men is their unnerving ability to attach personal feelings in everything they do, be it religion, tribe, ethnic, politics etc.

I've taken time to identify some reasons why 'we' Nigerians are the root cause of our problems,

1. Selfishness:- This is a common habit among many Nigerians of today as they think of nobody but themselves! In whatever they do, they put their personal gain, interest and personal feelings first, even to the detriment of others.

2. Greed:- The average Nigerian is way too greedy in everything he/she does. They always think of their personal gain or what's in it for them. The quest for wealth have made many Nigerians non compos mentis, they desire riches with so much zeal that they can do anything to get, even sell their souls!

3. Sentiment:- The average Nigerian applies sentiment in whatever they do, a good example was the 2011 presidential election, where many Nigerians openly supported Goodluck Jonathan and the other presidential aspirants out of pure sentiment! They forgot things like precedence, integrity, will to serve, selflessness, steadfastness, accountability etc.

4. Nepotism:- Given obvious favourism to friends and family members who are mediocres is the norm in Nigeria today, people often say there are no jobs in Nigeria, well there are, you only just have to know or be friends with someone who belongs to the political elite. This is among the reason why every sector of the economy is decaying at an alarming rate.

5. Hubris:- I must say the amount of hubris possess by many Nigerians is of tremendous quality! Even an individual whose image has been tainted with all sorts of proven facts on corruption will still come to the public and speak openly without shame. The way Nigerians flaunt their arrogance is alarming, Humility has been flushed down the toilet, gone are the days when prostitutes, 419, thieves, rapist, paedophiles and homo sexuals hide, now you see them opening flaunting themselves, you ask a person, who was caught red handed breaking the law why he/she broke the law and their answer to you is "do you know who I am?" Or "do you know who my father is?"

These traits are the major reasons why Nigerians are really the root cause of Nigerias many problems, because they reside in each and everyone of us, to some its much and to others its little, if we can put our negative attitude aside and do what is expected of us, I believe Nigeria be on the same level with many developed countries.
Re: Nigerians Are The Cause Of Nigerias Problems by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2012
Yeah, i agreed with all ur modalities as it affect average Nigerian, I mean AVERAGE!!!!!

What do u think can be done abt it ?
Re: Nigerians Are The Cause Of Nigerias Problems by k2039: 4:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
I dont agree that it resides in everyone of us, because if your assumption is true, then it's pointless hoping Nigeria will get better, in fact it will get worse.

I agree that the points listed are the reasons Nigeria is backward in every good thing, our politicians have proven it over and over again.

OP, you have taken the first step in sensitizing those of us on nl, it's up to us to search ourselves and make amends, if their is really any hope for Nigeria, then it will be from the youth, certainly the generation in power has failed us and expecting them to change is just not realistic.
Re: Nigerians Are The Cause Of Nigerias Problems by k2039: 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2012
donroxy: Yeah, i agreed with all ur modalities as it affect average Nigerian, I mean AVERAGE!!!!!

What do u think can be done abt it ?

I think he has taken the first step, which is identifying some of the major problems, it's now up to each of us to ponder and make amends where necessary.

It begins with us here on nl, it begins with me.
Re: Nigerians Are The Cause Of Nigerias Problems by joseph1832(m): 6:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
In due time, people will begin to see the seriousneSs of this issue!
Re: Nigerians Are The Cause Of Nigerias Problems by Lasinoh: 8:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
And they will complain o! grin
Re: Nigerians Are The Cause Of Nigerias Problems by playmode(m): 8:26pm On Dec 05, 2012
joseph1832: What I find amazing in some, if not most of my country men is their unnerving ability to attach personal feelings in everything they do, be it religion, tribe, ethnic, politics etc.

I've taken time to identify some reasons why 'we' Nigerians are the root cause of our problems,

1. Selfishness:- This is a common habit among many Nigerians of today as they think of nobody but themselves! In whatever they do, they put their personal gain, interest and personal feelings first, even to the detriment of others.

2. Greed:- The average Nigerian is way too greedy in everything he/she does. They always think of their personal gain or what's in it for them. The quest for wealth have made many Nigerians non compos mentis, they desire riches with so much zeal that they can do anything to get, even sell their souls!

3. Sentiment:- The average Nigerian applies sentiment in whatever they do, a good example was the 2011 presidential election, where many Nigerians openly supported Goodluck Jonathan and the other presidential aspirants out of pure sentiment! They forgot things like precedence, integrity, will to serve, selflessness, steadfastness, accountability etc.

4. Nepotism:- Given obvious favourism to friends and family members who are mediocres is the norm in Nigeria today, people often say there are no jobs in Nigeria, well there are, you only just have to know or be friends with someone who belongs to the political elite. This is among the reason why every sector of the economy is decaying at an alarming rate.

5. Hubris:- I must say the amount of hubris possess by many Nigerians is of tremendous quality! Even an individual whose image has been tainted with all sorts of proven facts on corruption will still come to the public and speak openly without shame. The way Nigerians flaunt their arrogance is alarming, Humility has been flushed down the toilet, gone are the days when prostitutes, 419, thieves, rapist, paedophiles and homo sexuals hide, now you see them opening flaunting themselves, you ask a person, who was caught red handed breaking the law why he/she broke the law and their answer to you is "do you know who I am?" Or "do you know who my father is?"

These traits are the major reasons why Nigerians are really the root cause of Nigerias many problems, because they reside in each and everyone of us, to some its much and to others its little, if we can put our negative attitude aside and do what is expected of us, I believe Nigeria be on the same level with many developed countries.

[size=20pt]Spot on brother,99% of Nigerians are exactly like this.[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Cracks In The Presidency As President, Vp On A Cold War / Watchout On 25th Dec / Henry Okah Sentenced In South Africa For Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.