Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Have You Been Cursed By Your Parents Before? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Been Cursed By Your Parents Before? (1294 Views)

Ishmael Cursed By God? / I Have Cursed God / Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka In Subsidy Removal(he Cursed Jonathan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Been Cursed By Your Parents Before? by tomakint: 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
I will premise my article on a portion from the Holy Writ, the Bible (KJV), in the book of Proverbs chapter 26 verse 2, it reads, “As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.” The above passage indicates that curse will not just come upon you except you have done something wrong to warrant it. Under religious interpretation, curse is an evil pronouncement, it could be a spell cast on someone, or words spoken carelessly and stamped by wandering demons, hence, working negatively against the good destinies of someone. Many of our parents (especially in Black Africa and particularly in Nigeria) are fond of cursing for no justifiable reason and this attitude has caged many bright destinies of many individuals. A typical example of parents cursing children was well captured in the Bible in the book of Genesis 49: 1-28 where Jacob gathered his children together and pronounce words of blessings and curses on them as deemed fit, my point of emphasis was in verses 5-7 where he declared negatively into the lives of Simeon and Levi for their spirits of anger and curse them according to his word. If you trace the lineage of Levi down you will see that Moses was a descendant of Levi (Exodus 2: 1-10) and if you critically examined the life of that great servant of God to the time he ‘struck the rock’ instead of him ‘speaking to the rock’ as commanded by God, you will agree with me that the spirit of anger in him was manifested and eventually cost him the Promised Land.

If you have been cursed by your parents before and you know it, do your best while they are still alive to reverse it into blessings for you, buy them something they will appreciate because curse is an impediment to the progress of one’s destiny in life. If they are dead and you are still under the influence of those curses kindly take time to seek for counseling from your pastors or men of God to advise you on what to do. The truth is, curses from parents to their children are very potent because its effects are futuristic long after the parents would have died and the cursed child or children would have forgotten. It’s an act that must be discontinued by godly parents because it will backfire on the parents no matter what whether the child deserved to be cursed or not. Curses are dream killers and delayers of one’s breakthroughs in life. Like I used to say, “Blessings and Curses are seeds that can germinate, be careful” parents in the house take note of this. My point!!!
Re: Have You Been Cursed By Your Parents Before? by Lasinoh: 6:44pm On Dec 06, 2012
Yes!
Unfortunately. But all is well now. cool
Just once and I was greatly provocked.
I just could not help it. kiss
Re: Have You Been Cursed By Your Parents Before? by OmoAlata(f): 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2012
tomakint:

If you have been cursed by your parents before and you know it, do your best while they are still alive to reverse it into blessings for you, buy them something they will appreciate because curse is an impediment to the progress of one’s destiny in life.

No gift can appease a witch. The more you give, the more evil they do.
Re: Have You Been Cursed By Your Parents Before? by MiniG: 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2012
Good observation, but parents do not have the final say over their children you know, God does and He can nullify any parental curse, deserved or not.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If God's Love Is Unconditional Why DO "Christians"(Religionists) Fear Him? / Prophetic Predictions For 2013 / Understanding And Interpreting Dreams.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.