Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man (1517 Views)

SA Pastor Who Makes His Congregation Eat Snakes, Beaten, His Church Burnt Down / Jesus Was A Black Man / Heaviest Economic Crises Comming Soon - Tb Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man by Inova(m): 9:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
What will happen if Jesus Christ make his second comming as a BLACK man. Will you still belive him.
What if he decides not to come the way the bible has predicted it to test your faith. Will you pass the test?
Re: What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 07, 2012
Excellent question. Looking forward to the responses from our Naija christians.

1 Like

Re: What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man by Inova(m): 5:00pm On Dec 07, 2012
ROSSIKE: Excellent question. Looking forward to the responses from our Naija christians.

Oya Christian Nairalanders. We are waiting for your response

Re: What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2012
Can't remember all my sunday school class sha, but where does it says he's coming as man? Human i meant... I need a reminder
Re: What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man by plaetton: 4:09am On Dec 08, 2012
Nigerian christians would be the first to pull him from his heavenly chariot and stone him .

1 Like

Re: What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man by MrAnony1(m): 8:26am On Dec 08, 2012
Inova: What will happen if Jesus Christ make his second comming as a BLACK man. Will you still belive him.
What if he decides not to come the way the bible has predicted it to test your faith. Will you pass the test?
My love for Christ does not depend of the color of His skin.
Secondly, Jesus Christ will never come in a way that contradicts how the bible predicted that He would.
Re: What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man by Inova(m): 12:19am On Dec 09, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Secondly, Jesus Christ will never come in a way that contradicts how the bible predicted that He would.

Its people like you that would likely fail the test.
Kindly read your post again. You are contradicting yourself.
Re: What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man by greatgenius: 7:51am On Dec 09, 2012
there is no second coming as has been described in the bible

btw jesus incarnated as black man

1 Like

Re: What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man by MrAnony1(m): 7:52am On Dec 09, 2012
Inova:

Its people like you that would likely fail the test.
Kindly read your post again. You are contradicting yourself.
I can't see what you are pointing at. Kindly show me exactly how I am contradicting myself.
Re: What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man by Inova(m): 9:19am On Dec 10, 2012
Mr_Anony: I can't see what you are pointing at. Kindly show me exactly how I am contradicting myself.

This I support 100% without prejudice
However your second quote:
is what I am faulting. Here's my explanation:

According to the Jews before the birth of Jesus Christ, it was stated that if he had indeed been the Messiah, he would have fulfilled the Messianic prophecies mentioned in Tanakh.The Tanakh is a name used in Judaism for the Hebrew Bible.
Examples of the Messianic prophecies were:
To bring about universal peace and tranquility: "And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation; neither shall they learn war any more".
To bring about universal respect for God, and lead all people to follow His ways: "The knowledge of God will fill the earth. The world will be filled with the knowledge of God as the water covers the sea".

The clear-cut fact is that Jesus Christ did not fulfill any of these tasks which disappointed them. Hence why he wasn't believed to be the messiah.

You are already repeating history with your quote:

Hence your contradiction
Re: What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man by MrAnony1(m): 9:40am On Dec 10, 2012
Inova:

This I support 100% without prejudice
However your second quote:

is what I am faulting. Here's my explanation:

According to the Jews before the birth of Jesus Christ, it was stated that if he had indeed been the Messiah, he would have fulfilled the Messianic prophecies mentioned in Tanakh.The Tanakh is a name used in Judaism for the Hebrew Bible.
Examples of the Messianic prophecies were:
To bring about universal peace and tranquility: "And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation; neither shall they learn war any more".
To bring about universal respect for God, and lead all people to follow His ways: "The knowledge of God will fill the earth. The world will be filled with the knowledge of God as the water covers the sea".

The clear-cut fact is that Jesus Christ did not fulfill any of these tasks which disappointed them. Hence why he wasn't believed to be the messiah.

You are already repeating history with your quote:

Hence your contradiction
Actually you are mistaken here, the prophecies you cited do not refer to the messiah but to the last days. See Isaiah 2:2-4 and Micah 4:1-4

2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

-Isaiah 2:2-4 (KJV)

1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.
2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the Lord of hosts hath spoken it.

-Micah 4:1-4 (KJV)
Re: What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man by Inova(m): 6:08am On Dec 11, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Actually you are mistaken here, the prophecies you cited do not refer to the messiah but to the last days. See Isaiah 2:2-4 and Micah 4:1-4

2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

-Isaiah 2:2-4 (KJV)

1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.
2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the Lord of hosts hath spoken it.

-Micah 4:1-4 (KJV)
And what difference does it make.
Where did you think the bible was extracted from. Or did you think it was originally written in English?
Besides was it ever written that he was coming to die for our SINS. Please do not refer to The new Testament as it was not in existence then.
If you agree with me then you will also agree that he could still come back for a different agenda aside that which the Bible professes
Re: What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man by MrAnony1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2012
Inova:
And what difference does it make.
A lot of difference

Where did you think the bible was extracted from. Or did you think it was originally written in English?
I thought we both read it in English or do you speak Aramaic and Hebrew by any chance? I don't see the reason for the big fuss over language here

Besides was it ever written that he was coming to die for our SINS. Please do not refer to The new Testament as it was not in existence then.
When last did you read Isaiah chapter 53?

Here is an excerpt:

But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
Isaiah 53:5-6

If you agree with me then you will also agree that he could still come back for a different agenda aside that which the Bible professes
Obviously I do not agree with you and neither does the bible. Jesus will not return in a way that contradicts scripture.
Re: What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man by joe4christ(m): 6:08pm On Dec 11, 2012
Inova: What will happen if Jesus Christ make his second comming as a BLACK man. Will you still belive him.
[size=15pt]What if he decides not to come the way the bible has predicted it to test your faith. Will you pass the test?[/size]

You are actually inspired by a demon to write this, but unfortunately you thought it's of your own immagination.
God save your soul!
Re: What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man by CrazyMan(m): 6:12pm On Dec 11, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Seconded.

I don't care whether he comes as an asian, black man, albino...etc, I love him and I believe that's what matters most.
Re: What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man by Inova(m): 10:31pm On Dec 11, 2012
joe4christ:

You are actually inspired by a demon to write this, but unfortunately you thought it's of your own immagination.
God save your soul!

Wow! Demons...... And to think ur alias is joe4christ. Wish you well though.
Re: What If Jesus Makes His Second Comming As A BLACK Man by Inova(m): 10:34pm On Dec 11, 2012
CrazyMan:
Seconded.

I don't care whether he comes as an asian, black man, albino...etc, I love him and I believe that's what matters most.
So dia4 ur name should eventually be changed to "SaneMan"

(1) (Reply)

Django Unchained ( World War Three ) / . / Death, The Prosperity Gospel And Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.