Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties (7702 Views)

28 Political Parties Hail Governor Wike:daily Post / 16 Political Parties Endorse Shift In Election Date / Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by damas60(m): 10:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
INEC De-Registers 28 Political Parties, Including PRP, NAP, FRESH
December 6, 2012 - 22:24 — siteadmin

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Thursday night de-registered 28 political parties.
They include Fresh Democratic Party, which was the brainchild of Pastor Chris Okotie; and Nigeria Advance Party, which was started by lawyer and businessman, Tunji Braithwaite, in the Second Republic.
Also notable on the list was the Second Republic’s powerful People’s Redemption Party, which in 1979 won Kaduna and Kano States from a rampaging National Party of Nigeria, the forerunner of today’s Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
According to a statement by INEC just a short while ago, the action is an exercise of the Commission’s powers based on the I999 Constitution as amended and the Electoral Act 2010 as amended.
The delisted parties are:   
1.  African Liberation Party (ALP)   
2.  Action Party of Nigeria (APN)
3.  African Political System (APS)   
4.  Better Nigeria Progressive Party (BNPP)  
5.  Congress for Democratic Change (CDC)  
6.  Community Party of Nigeria (CPN)   
7.  Democratic Peoples Alliance (DPA)
8.  Freedom Party of Nigeria (FPN)   
9.  Fresh Democratic Party (FDP)   
10.   Hope Democratic Party (HDP)   
11.   Justice Party (JP)   
12.   Liberal Democratic Party of Nigeria (LDPN)   
13.   Movement for Democracy and Justice (MDJ)   
14.   Movement for the Restoration and Defence of Democracy (MRDD)   
15.   Nigeria Advanced Party (NAP)   
16.   New Democrats (ND)   
17.   National Majority Democratic Party (NMDP)   
18.   National Movement of Progressive Party (NMPP)   
19.   National Reformation Party (NRP)   
20.   National Solidarity Democratic Party (NSDP)   
21.   Progressive Action Congress (PAC)  
22.   Peoples Mandate Party (PMP)   
23.   Peoples Progressive Party (PPP)   
24.   Peoples Redemption Party (PRP)   
25.   People’s Salvation Party (PSP)   
26.   Republican Party of Nigeria (RPN)   
27.   United National Party for Development (UNPD)  
28.   United Nigeria Peoples Party (UNPP)
"The Commission hereby reiterates its commitment to relating with political parties in accordance with extant laws and for the benefit of our electoral democracy," the statement said.
Pastor Okotie has run for the presidency three times on the platform of FRESH, insisting he is the change that Nigerians desire.
Days before the 2011 presidential election, he said, “There is nothing that PDP can do for this country. It’s abundantly clear that PDP has become politically irrelevant in the sense that they have not been able to proffer solutions to problems that beset our people.
None of the parties could be reached tonight to get their comments to the sudden de-registration in the middle of the night, and what their political options are.  

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=78087
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:43pm On Dec 06, 2012
INEC should deregister more parties. most of them form parties just to collect INECS monetry grant and have not won any seat even Councillorship post.
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by Afam4eva(m): 11:46pm On Dec 06, 2012
I think it's better if we have just 3 parties. All these pretenders should be de-registered abeg.

1 Like

Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
That's good.
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by Callotti: 3:26am On Dec 07, 2012
Kwa kwa kwa!
Haba!
By 2014. . .they will be re-registered. . .after ghana must go bags have switched corners!

Amen? Ameeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!!! cheesy
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by mankevo(m): 7:12am On Dec 07, 2012
The Paper Tiger Political Parties that are NOTORIOUS for always endorsing a winning candidate. sad
Bunch of Confusionists!!
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by rasputinn(m): 7:54am On Dec 07, 2012
For a moment I thought I saw mad peoples party on the list.

Good riddance to bad rubbish,now Okotie and co can concentrate on their day jobs

1 Like

Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by 3direct: 10:18am On Dec 07, 2012
They want to steal again smiley smiley smiley

Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by kingingkinging: 10:25am On Dec 07, 2012
Good step
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by Clerverly: 10:25am On Dec 07, 2012
The solution here is not de-registering the parties but ammending the constitution to accomodate 2 or at most 3 political parties with national appeal as obtained in most democracies around the world. Otherwise I can bet my last kobo that another 47 mushroom political parties are going to crop up before 2015 national elections because the constitution as presently written has already given them express tickets to do so. So why cant we take it from the root?

2 Likes

Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by dridowu: 10:26am On Dec 07, 2012
D same INEC dt deregister dm will re-register dm again come 2014

2 Likes

Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by lekzy007(m): 10:29am On Dec 07, 2012
i think we will get there,gud move by INEC.
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by 5much(m): 10:33am On Dec 07, 2012
more unserius parties should be de-registered. any party that can not win even one local government election shd not b on d list.
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by deltaforce7(m): 10:36am On Dec 07, 2012
This is a nice one from INEC. I have always been worried about the proliferation of the political parties in Nigeria. The number kept increasing every year, obviously for the pecuniary interest of the political class. How on earth would an uneducated woman in a rural area have been able to differentiate between those political parties, with many of them bearing similar names and using almost identical symbols.

Good job, INEC. Well done!

1 Like

Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by pressongodsay(m): 10:44am On Dec 07, 2012
All those de-registered parties should pls join ACN and lets for once in nigeria have a contended election like the US.
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by 80million1: 10:46am On Dec 07, 2012
*speechless*

is that the death and FINAL BURIAL Rev Kris Okotie's political career or he has another joker by 2015?
Well, i think some of these mushroom kindergarten parties will go to court!

Again i say...

*speechless*
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by yokiti: 10:47am On Dec 07, 2012
This is a good move from Inec..... Hoping that the same political parties with another acronyms will not be re registered come 2015.

With the nature of our political class, will 2 or 3 parties at most solve our electoral malpractices in Nigeria?
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by Classicalman(m): 11:04am On Dec 07, 2012
Abeg they should deregister more of those mushroom parties. Most of them don't even have a single ward in any LGA in any state.
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by gaddafe(m): 11:29am On Dec 07, 2012
I was actully looking for PDP Peoples Democratic Party grin
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by wengerjay(m): 11:29am On Dec 07, 2012
At least lawyers go chop,u go see the de-registered parties going to court tomorrow challenging INEC and FG.This country,na wa o.
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by Wsdm: 11:33am On Dec 07, 2012
I understand that some political parties are not worthwhile but let INEC show some credibility before discrediting any party. INEC under Jega is a flaw.
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 07, 2012
we should have only two parties is the best for us
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by slimming: 11:49am On Dec 07, 2012
Better o
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by highlandre(m): 12:05pm On Dec 07, 2012
INEC got this one right
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by Britzdon(m): 12:21pm On Dec 07, 2012
They are still far from reality,political parties in NGERIA should be reduced to four or five
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by Mavrick2012: 12:25pm On Dec 07, 2012
rasputinn: For a moment I thought I saw mad peoples party on the list.

Good riddance to bad rubbish,now Okotie and co can concentrate on their day jobs
4 a moment i tot i saw peoples democratic party.lol
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by Clemzy16(m): 12:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
Nice move by INEC. They should de-register more political parties. It shouldn't exceed five that we have. We all know that there are two major political parties in Nigeria. Besides, can't we have a situation of what is being run in America, where The Republicans and Democrats representing Barack Obama and Mitt Romney were the only political parties that participated in the election. BTW, i thought PDP was going to be on the list. Guess i thought wrong.
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by pekelepekele(m): 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
I just tire for this country which political party is even reliable?
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by Ademolag(m): 12:38pm On Dec 07, 2012
nice move
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2012
Please my people, make una help me vote abiL or ItsModella. May God bless you as you do so. Just type, I vote abiL or you could also say, I vote ItsModella! https://www.nairaland.com/1124978/miss-nairaland-grand-finale/24
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by bknight: 1:11pm On Dec 07, 2012
On what grounds did INEC de-register these parties.
Re: INEC Deregister 28 Political Parties by miteolu(m): 1:26pm On Dec 07, 2012
INEC should register Nairaland Garri People's Party - NGPP

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Set Of Lagos Light Rain Train Delivered To Site / Tinubu Has Approved FCT's N1.1trn 2024 Statutory Budget - Wike / Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.