Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? (12041 Views)

Scotland Scottish Referendum: Voters To Reject Independence - BBC / Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US / Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2012
honestivo: Britàin is d root of nigeria problms. Dey r nt saint in any way
People will actually learn from their mistakes if they weren't too busy blaming other people for it

1 Like

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2012
If people pay the same amount of money for TV lisence, why should some be entertained while other insulted. The only thing they don't fail to do is put 1 black kid for every show on Cbeebies.

2 Likes

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by crisycent: 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2012
Ok....u do well. I will inform GEJ of your pro-nigerianess. You may be one of his 1689 entourage to visit Syria and Somalia next week
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2012
Here we go again. Reminds me of those brainless people alwz blaiming America, Europe for their countries' woes. Burning flags, chanting Death to America over a problem(corruption) that you enjoy every day. Please stop blaming Britain and attack ur politrickcians like Egyptians.

1 Like

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by cr8v(f): 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2012
Until we stop fighting for visa to their country
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by dunmorris(m): 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2012
What Of Those Stupid HYIPs That Scamm, are They Nigerians!? want to know.

1 Like

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by dramenda(f): 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2012
ashaju33: To hell with BBC..am always annoyed with all these oyinbo anti-black ideas as if they are not the one that taught us scamming & d likes

hello,they taught you sooo many things,Governance,rule of law,na the bad one una expert.

1 Like

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by TableLeg(m): 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2012
Root of all naija problems? How?
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by 1forall: 8:53pm On Dec 07, 2012
Hi OP,

I think we should be careful how we make accusations so they don't end up getting rubbished.

I also think such a comment by Andrew Neil is plain wrong, distasteful and stereotypical however I don't think it can legitimately be called a racist comment. I know we feel like the white man always has something against the black man and tend to equate unfavorable white behavior against black to racism but, these guys have a different definition of racism which I understand to be, technically disparaging or discriminating against someone because of the color of their skin - I stand to be corrected.

In a case where it is is not possible to prove the italicized, or where it is not clearly proven, no white man shall agree with us that an act of racism has been committed. It's unfortunate but that's the way it is. If we want to nail down a white man on an accusation of racism it unfortunately has to be done according to the white man's own definition of racism which doesn't take the emotions of the black man into account.

Remember the saying 'if you wan catch monkey, you sef go do like monkey'? (Now a white man reading this would eaaasily misunderstand/misinterpret that statement lol grin), that's how to successfully nail these folks on racism - catch them using the provisions of their law because they get sooo defensive when racism is brought up.

Therefore we need to be careful to make a good case with strong evidence according to their anti-racism/anti-discrimination laws before making racism accusations lest we become accused of making false allegations. What happened with Obi Mikel recently is a good example of the complainant becoming the accused.
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by dramenda(f): 8:54pm On Dec 07, 2012
Table Leg :

Root of all naija problems? How?

giving us independence too early,lol

them say your soup no sweet you say na the stove no good. wetting be the correlation? cool
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
abeg joor. Make we talk true. Nigerians and Nigeria is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY (said twice for emphasis) corrupt. I can't even collect my transcript from unilag without the office people indirectly demanding bribe from me after I have paid all the necessary fees. Even if a contractor wants to do simple project the politicians, commissioners and lga chairman will demand bribe. It's now a way of life in very Nigeria. So sad. One white oga I worked it one time told me that he was tired of the system where everyone demands bribes and kickbacks. You can't even work with a free mind. Or do you think the bbc or CNN don't get info of how things run in Nigeria? It's such a big shame. But the question is will things ever change?
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by clemmonce(m): 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2012
when we stop rubbishing ourselves
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by mrrock: 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2012
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2012
It will stop when Nigeria stops rubbishing herself.
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by PastorOla1: 9:03pm On Dec 07, 2012
When we start loving each other.
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by mrrock: 9:05pm On Dec 07, 2012
@afam4eva
You're making a mistake. And before you fall for those whiteman scams get some education about internet scam.
I keep seeing this banner ad saying ''Google pay me N1,441,548 per day''. And when I traveled to Ghana it reads ''Google pay me 1,645,654 Cedis per day'' and in Benin republic it reads ''Google pay me 9,654,266 CFA per day''. This scam are being ran by by Americans or Brits themselves. I've checked it and I know they're not Nigerians.
Also note that Nigerian guys are very dynamic and don't send emails anymore!. Emails was a long time ago. Guys have gone more sophisticated, they don't need to send you an email anymore.

1 Like

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Wallie(m): 9:09pm On Dec 07, 2012
rick.ross:

What are you talking about? Even if a Nigerian defrauds a staff of BBC is that enough reason to continuously talk shiitt about Nigeria?
Majority of the email scamms originate from USA, China and Russia. A great number of those scam emails also originate from the UK and many parts of Africa and Europe.

Stop being so confident about something you know very little about. Email scam is Nigeria's claim to fame and just because it appears to be coming out of a certain country doesn't mean it was not sent out of Nigeria or have Nigerian origin. On the other hand, East Europeans have taken the scam into a whole new level. They are the ones that do the website spoofing and more elaborate scams.

The bottom line is that Nigeria was the first country to put email scam (419) on the map. When you say "email scam", Nigeria will be the first country that comes to mind.
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by ASSlimm: 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2012
Wen ur leadas grow d baules 2 caution dem
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 07, 2012
The simple answer is, They wont stop. But you can stop them. Take them off your airwaves.
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by erico2k2(m): 9:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Do you have a BRAIN IN YOUR HEAD?

TELL ME SOMETHING. IN YOUR EMAIL BOX, WHERE DO THE MAJORITY OF SCAM EMAILS EMANATE FROM?

Is it not the UK and USA?

''You won the lottery! Send a txt to xyz to claim!''

''You've been selected to win a prize! Click here to claim!''

''We have a plan that can make you rich in one week! Click here!''

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE FALL FOR THOSE SCAMS EVERY SINGLE DAY?

ARE THEY COMING FROM NIGERIA?

RUBBISH.

Bro save ur breath, these guys are ignorant, it aint their fault,they think we Nigerians are the worse scammers, they should check the chinease and Indians out

1 Like

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by eddybanty(m): 9:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
@ Op, if Bbc talk thrash, make NTA talk thrash back. I think dats y we have NTA international to always show d good and +ve side of us 2 d world. Good pple, great nation.
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by erico2k2(m): 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
mrrock: @afam4eva
You're making a mistake. And before you fall for those whiteman scams get some education about internet scam.
I keep seeing this banner ad saying ''Google pay me N1,441,548 per day''. And when I traveled to Ghana it reads ''Google pay me 1,645,654 Cedis per day'' and in Benin republic it reads ''Google pay me 9,654,266 CFA per day''. This scam are being ran by by Americans or Brits themselves. I've checked it and I know they're not Nigerians.
Also note that Nigerian guys are very dynamic and don't send emails anymore!. Emails was a long time ago. Guys have gone more sophisticated, they don't need to send you an email anymore.
Educate am abeg
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by erico2k2(m): 9:38pm On Dec 07, 2012
12 inches!:
abeg joor. Make we talk true. Nigerians and Nigeria is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY (said twice for emphasis) corrupt. I can't even collect my transcript from unilag without the office people indirectly demanding bribe from me after I have paid all the necessary fees. Even if a contractor wants to do simple project the politicians, commissioners and lga chairman will demand bribe. It's now a way of life in very Nigeria. So sad. One white oga I worked it one time told me that he was tired of the system where everyone demands bribes and kickbacks. You can't even work with a free mind. Or do you think the bbc or CNN don't get info of how things run in Nigeria? It's such a big shame. But the question is will things ever change?
bross pay attention to international news make you hear bribe in Billions of pounds, ie recently Virgin train where challenging a decission passed quick quick to a fellow rail operator 1st great western, the dicovered money had changed hands, the contract have been given back to Virgin for the next 2 years,who say Oyibo no dey collect mega bribe, now on the moral side, did you not hear that the Blind David Blonket a whole Home office Boss who supose B blind sleep with another guy wife hence he lost his post, blind minister of the highest order ohhh, guy, stay there dey belive this saint saint wey dem dey potray, we know diff here.
OR is it the members of paliament who have thier own homes, and lie about it and pass the rent as xpenses to claim?is that not fraud? or is it the Eastern EU guys who have 10 kids keep 8 in their country and claim benefit for 10 kids? the list are endless, so guys stop killing ursef for those stupid news bout 9ja, we over here we deff know diff

1 Like

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Buc(m): 9:45pm On Dec 07, 2012
You ve bad breath, everybody knows you ve bad breath. Why don't you do something about your problem, instead of quarrelling with anybody that covers their nose around you?
Nigeria is a corrupt nation. We celebrate corruption. We all look for opportunities to engage in it. The British know very well that Nigeria is a corrupt state, the Ibori and Alamesiagha cases definately showed them that, cos these are people celebrated in Nigeria and the courts in Nigeria didn't want to jail them, despite overwhelming evidence of corrupt enrichments.

4 Likes

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by omarky(m): 9:59pm On Dec 07, 2012
Not until nija change for better
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by arisetayo(m): 10:00pm On Dec 07, 2012
When Nigerians stop doin rubish things
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 07, 2012
trolling: u no get mouth jare na their land and corporation,they can say what they like and if u no like am then change stations
U re obviously a kid! No maature adult will reason like dis amateur
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by dayokanu(m): 10:11pm On Dec 07, 2012
Shey na lie he talk?
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by AKobo4urthought: 10:12pm On Dec 07, 2012
@op when Nigeria/Nigerians stops rubbishing itself.
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
erico2k2:
bross pay attention to international news make you hear bribe in Billions of pounds, ie recently Virgin train where challenging a decission passed quick quick to a fellow rail operator 1st great western, the dicovered money had changed hands, the contract have been given back to Virgin for the next 2 years,who say Oyibo no dey collect mega bribe, now on the moral side, did you not hear that the Blind David Blonket a whole Home office Boss who supose B blind sleep with another guy wife hence he lost his post, blind minister of the highest order ohhh, guy, stay there dey belive this saint saint wey dem dey potray, we know diff here.
OR is it the members of paliament who have thier own homes, and lie about it and pass the rent as xpenses to claim?is that not fraud? or is it the Eastern EU guys who have 10 kids keep 8 in their country and claim benefit for 10 kids? the list are endless, so guys stop killing ursef for those stupid news bout 9ja, we over here we deff know diff

I still repeat and maintain that corruption in Nigeria knows no bounds. Atleast abroad they cover it up. In Nigeria it is the norm. Have you ever obtained a govt contract before. Then you will have a good understanding of what I am talking about. The Commissioner will start to ask for part of the contract sum that has already been allocated or a percentage. In every single ministry. Money for what? And they will do it so blatantly without fear.

1 Like

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by egbons2(m): 10:20pm On Dec 07, 2012
bbc will only stop when Nigerians stop rubbishing Nigeria & we stop washing our dirty linen outside...
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 07, 2012
ashaju33: To hell with BBC..am always annoyed with all these oyinbo anti-black ideas as if they are not the one that taught us scamming & d likes

"They taught u"?? You ought to be ashamed of yourself! Monkey see monkey do? Where is your sense of pride and integrity? To admit Oyinbos "taught" you how to steal!!! ODE oshi!!!
A fo*ol at 33 is a fo*ol forever! agbaya!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Militaries Ammo Stocks Low As Ukraine War Drags - NATO, British Officials / Stephen Hawking Urges Humans To Leave Earth To Avoid Disaster / To Keep the top job Zuma offers twelve cows to ancestors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.