Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,122 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

African Americans - More Accepted By Igbo Or Yoruba Families - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Americans - More Accepted By Igbo Or Yoruba Families (5356 Views)

Why Did Yoruba Culture Survive In Latin America And Not Igbo Or Others / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots / Igbo Or Ibo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Americans - More Accepted By Igbo Or Yoruba Families by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
Blyss:

You're prego?

all in the kool aid. grin
Re: African Americans - More Accepted By Igbo Or Yoruba Families by Blyss: 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2012
*Kails*:

LOL. Well if she is, I just wanted to congratulate her.. but sadly she doesn't speak to me anymore for some odd reason.
Re: African Americans - More Accepted By Igbo Or Yoruba Families by TableLeg(m): 8:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
tpia1: Nigeria has 244 tribes.

Broaden your horizons beyond igbo and yoruba alone.
There is a reason why the thread is titled as it is .... The OP is talking about the two tribes, not the 244 tribes
Quit being a pin head, answer the simple question or pis.s off!

Topic
I dont know cool
Re: African Americans - More Accepted By Igbo Or Yoruba Families by MrsChima(f): 8:47pm On Dec 30, 2012
*Kails*:

Ain't he?
Re: African Americans - More Accepted By Igbo Or Yoruba Families by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 31, 2012
Blyss:

LOL. Well if she is, I just wanted to congratulate her.. but sadly she doesn't speak to me anymore for some odd reason.

i hope whatever happened between yall can be resolved. smiley
i like you both tbh. kiss
Re: African Americans - More Accepted By Igbo Or Yoruba Families by MrsChima(f): 3:06am On Dec 31, 2012
*Kails*:

i hope whatever happened between yall can be resolved. smiley
i like you both tbh. kiss

He must got me confused with another chick...I don't have no beef with him butI wud say hi so he doesn't kill himself.
Re: African Americans - More Accepted By Igbo Or Yoruba Families by MrsChima(f): 3:07am On Dec 31, 2012
Hi Blyss. kiss

1 Like

Re: African Americans - More Accepted By Igbo Or Yoruba Families by Nobody: 3:22am On Dec 31, 2012
lol. awe!! kiss
Re: African Americans - More Accepted By Igbo Or Yoruba Families by Blyss: 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Hi Blyss. kiss

Now that's better, and congratulations. wink
Re: African Americans - More Accepted By Igbo Or Yoruba Families by MegaMan2020: 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
Probably Igbo. they dont really have much culture or tradition of their own so they are more likely to marry other tribes and African Americans and adopt their cultures.

I'm a Yoruba man and even though my family have no problem against others I doubt they would be too interested in me marrying an African American/Caribbean woman. It's all a culture thing at the end of the day. Marry Yoruba women, raise Yoruba children, continue Yoruba traditions. That seems to be the idea and I have no problem sticking with it.
Re: African Americans - More Accepted By Igbo Or Yoruba Families by MrsChima(f): 5:48pm On Jan 07, 2013
Ok...
Re: African Americans - More Accepted By Igbo Or Yoruba Families by ifyalways(f): 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
MegaMan2020: Probably Igbo. they dont really have much culture or tradition of their own so they are more likely to marry other tribes and African Americans and adopt their cultures.

I'm a Yoruba man and even though my family have no problem against others I doubt they would be too interested in me marrying an African American/Caribbean woman. It's all a culture thing at the end of the day. Marry Yoruba women, raise Yoruba children, continue Yoruba traditions. That seems to be the idea and I have no problem sticking
with it.
@Bolded,interesting and funny lies. smiley
Re: African Americans - More Accepted By Igbo Or Yoruba Families by ifyalways(f): 9:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
Error. embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Solidarity in Africa: An Essay By Odumchi / The Esans And Fair Skin / Yoruba Are 99% Genetically Identical To Igbos, Akan and Gaa-Adangbe - Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.