Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,330 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Corridor To The Sea - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corridor To The Sea (880 Views)

Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion / Enugu-bamenda Corridor(fed.road Project That Links Nigeria-cameron.(by-wb&afdb) / Light Rail Update: FG Hands Over NRC Rail Corridor To LASG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corridor To The Sea by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 07, 2012
i believe the north will be willing to let the south go so long as the south is willing to sacrifice a corridor to the sea so that the north can have access thereby making shipping (import/export) possible.

now the question is can a corridor be achieved, if yes how and through where? the issue of the corridor isn't new, see link

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/northern-muslim-elders-reply-asari-dokubo-go-and-read-your-history
Re: Corridor To The Sea by Jakumo(m): 8:55am On Dec 07, 2012
The corridor to the sea already exists in the form of Nigeria's road and rail networks, that both sorely need repair and expansion.
Re: Corridor To The Sea by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 07, 2012
^^^ corridor after breakup, forget nigeria now let talk north/south
Re: Corridor To The Sea by Jakumo(m): 9:05am On Dec 07, 2012
The breakup will only be peaceful if oil is discovered in the Chad basin, otherwise a repeat of the situation in Sudan, where the recently separated nations of North and South Sudan continue to clash militarily over rights to the oil fields straddling the new border, will occur in Nigeria.

The northern Nigerian looting elite will only stop regarding Niger Delta oil as their birthright when a geographically closer alternative oil field is identified in their backyard.
Re: Corridor To The Sea by NegroNtns(m): 9:10am On Dec 07, 2012
This is what alliancrs and trade partnerships are for. As jakumo said, there is a network of rail an road interchanges to connect their markrt to the sea.

If they need leisure and relaxation on the coast tourist services will be there for them to use.
Re: Corridor To The Sea by kunlekunle: 10:28am On Dec 07, 2012
after the amalgamation the agitation for passage was done with. (no more taxes)
the irony is that they have what is more than the 1 mile zone.
The north has the intelligence, security and the economy of the nation.
the south needs to wake up.
Re: Corridor To The Sea by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2012
Jakumo: The breakup will only be peaceful if oil is discovered in the Chad basin, otherwise a repeat of the situation in Sudan, where the recently separated nations of North and South Sudan continue to clash militarily over rights to the oil fields straddling the new border, will occur in Nigeria.

The northern Nigerian looting elite will only stop regarding Niger Delta oil as their birthright when a geographically closer alternative oil field is identified in their backyard.

actually even the northern looting elite (since both recent southern presidents are all saints and doing very well) are discussing division, trust me i know as i attended the recently concluded arewa gathering both in Abuja and kaduna.
one other thing, i know quite well that the northerners worry more about trading and shipping route than your precious oil!! take it or leave it, once divided most northerners will not really want to have anything to do with the south (I DONT MEAN THE PEOPLE), so there will be no clashes (well maybe only border communities trying to grab more land that's if the boundaries are not well demarcated
Re: Corridor To The Sea by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2012
Negro_Ntns: This is what alliancrs and trade partnerships are for. As jakumo said, there is a network of rail an road interchanges to connect their markrt to the sea.

If they need leisure and relaxation on the coast tourist services will be there for them to use.

kunlekunle: after the amalgamation the agitation for passage was done with. (no more taxes)
the irony is that they have what is more than the 1 mile zone.
The north has the intelligence, security and the economy of the nation.
the south needs to wake up.

forget all that, we are not looking for beaches ok (we have leisure areas too, fun is not only about beaches), we want a corridor directly from the north to the sea and i dont think thats being unreasonable as offshore oil will probably be claimed by countries (south) closer to it and all the north is asking for in return is the corridor that will be now and for ever owned by the north. not your lousy tax waivers until you decide not to? NO!!!!
Re: Corridor To The Sea by NegroNtns(m): 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2012
DivideUs:

forget all that, we are not looking for beaches ok (we have leisure areas too, fun is not only about beaches), we want a corridor directly from the north to the sea and i dont think thats being unreasonable as offshore oil will probably be claimed by countries (south) closer to it and all the north is asking for in return is the corridor that will be now and for ever owned by the north. not your lousy tax waivers until you decide not to? NO!!!!

....whatever corridor you used before you were "glued" to the south im surre will still be there for yiur use after the fastener is broken.
Re: Corridor To The Sea by T9ksy(m): 9:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
DivideUs:

forget all that, we are not looking for beaches ok (we have leisure areas too, fun is not only about beaches), we want a corridor directly from the north to the sea and i dont think thats being unreasonable as offshore oil will probably be claimed by countries (south) closer to it and[b]all the north is asking for in return is the corridor that will be now and for ever owned by the north.[/b] not your lousy tax waivers until you decide not to? NO!!!!

You gotta be kidding- a corridor through my ancestral land that will now be owned by the north,forever!!!!

Ore wo ni ipa won se idi?

I laughed in arewa!!!!
Re: Corridor To The Sea by dayokanu(m): 9:24pm On Dec 07, 2012
DivideUs: forget all that, we are not looking for beaches ok (we have leisure areas too, fun is not only about beaches), we want a corridor directly from the north to the sea and i dont think thats being unreasonable as offshore oil will probably be claimed by countries (south) closer to it and all the north is asking for in return is the corridor that will be now and for ever owned by the north. not your lousy tax waivers until you decide not to? NO!!!!

There are several ways to the sea. You can pass through Niger Republic, and Libya to get to the Mediterranean Sea
Re: Corridor To The Sea by PaulJohn1: 11:41pm On Dec 07, 2012
dayokanu:

There are several ways to the sea. You can pass through Niger Republic, and Libya to get to the Mediterranean Sea

grin grin lake chad n ko?
Re: Corridor To The Sea by kunlekunle: 2:57am On Dec 08, 2012
DivideUs:

i cherish your thought, but your dream will soon turn to nightmare.
you need to renegade your lord lugard syndrome and think like serious people
Re: Corridor To The Sea by MajeOfficial: 8:26am On Dec 08, 2012
who is talking about break up outside of this website?
plan for better things, like jesus.

(1) (Reply)

Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate / Jonathan’s Visit To Police College Meaningless — House Committee / Nigeria Has No Border At Seme, Idi'roko , Interior Minister Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.