Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid (681 Views)

Kid Looking At His Parents Kissing: Caption This Picture / Little Kid Peeping At Her Aunt's Panties (Photo) / What's Your Favourite Nickname For Your Mom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid by omenka(m): 10:51am On Dec 07, 2012
In contrast to what obtains today, where most kids have fun playing video games and watching tv, and for those of us who weren't brought up by parents who had the means to indulge us with toys and bicycles when we were kids, we had other means of having mad fun and burning spare time... Most of them kinda promoted creative thinking and physical fitness while others are just sheer fun!
This thread is intended to create a catalog of those things we relished as kids...

I remember these with nostalgia:
Makin kites with used newspapers or polythene and flying same.
Police and thief! Mad fun! *Always acted a thief. Lol*
Makin cars with used peak milk tins..
Riding tires!
Making 'knockouts' during christmas season..
Riding motocycle rims! Mad fun too!
Acting 'Mr and Mrs'. *Lol
Contesting to see the best 'acrobatis't. Winners get some bragging rights and win the ladies' hearts!
*More to come*..

Please do add urs..
kiss
Re: Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid by Callotti: 11:17am On Dec 07, 2012
Sucking my left thumb and stroking my belly button! cool
Till I discovered BOYS at 14! cool

. . . . AND DOGS TOOOOOO! !!! cool

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid by omenka(m): 11:27am On Dec 07, 2012
^^ so what replaced ur thumb and belly botton?? Hehehe...
That was quite common tho. Think evryone passed thru that stage. They made me stop by contantly rubbin bitterleaf extracts on my thumb while im asleep. When I wake up and stick that in my mouth,,,, damn!!! Learnt to stop by force.
Re: Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid by omenka(m): 11:31am On Dec 07, 2012
Please mods can we have this on the FP?
You gonna be amazed at some of the response we'd get.
Lets have somthing to genuinely laugh about.
Enough of the bad *newses* already... kiss
Re: Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid by Lasinoh: 12:47pm On Dec 07, 2012
omenka: ^^ so what replaced ur thumb and belly botton?? Hehehe...
That was quite common tho. Think evryone passed thru that stage. They made me stop by contantly rubbin bitterleaf extracts on my thumb while im asleep. When I wake up and stick that in my mouth,,,, damn!!! Learnt to stop by force.

Oh dear!
I remember the bitter-leaf phases! IODINE and "PLASTERS" too. . . . ALL SUCKED PLUS THE DAMN FINGER. cheesy
Now, one of my kids does the TWO mlddle fingers of her left hand. . . .And I have left her alone. kiss
I know better. It is a comfort tool for children. No harm done. I never had tooth problems. . . .and there are always braces for corrective measures.
I have left instructions that she is NEVER to be bullied on that account! kiss
Lord help that person who dares. She will stop ONLY WHEN SHE IS GOOD AND READY!!!! Not before.cool

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid by Ivynwa(f): 1:31pm On Dec 07, 2012
Callotti: Sucking my left thumb and stroking my belly button! cool
Till I discovered BOYS at 14! cool

. . . . AND DOGS TOOOOOO! !!! cool

Smiles at the "stroking my belly button " part. I didn't know others did that. I, my sister and one other cousin are the only persons I have seen in this world that did that. My sister and my cousin grew out of it and I'm still a big girl that stroke my belly button till now. I don't even want to stop it again, it's such a lovely part of me and i love to do that though when I'm not with people.

Lasinoh:

Oh dear!
I remember the bitter-leaf phases! IODINE and "PLASTERS" too. . . . ALL SUCKED PLUS THE DAMN FINGER. cheesy
Now, one of my kids does the TWO mlddle fingers of her left hand. . . .And I have left her alone. kiss
I know better. It is a comfort tool for children. No harm done. I never had tooth problems.
. . .and there are always braces for corrective measures.
I have left instructions that she is NEVER to be bullied on that account! kiss
Lord help that person who dares. She will stop ONLY WHEN SHE IS GOOD AND READY!!!! Not before.cool

In as much as you are being a sweet mum leaving her to her stuffs, she is still a kid and needs to be helped to grow out of it while growing into adulthood or else she will be sucking her fingers into adulthood. I didn't stop my belly button thing as a baby and I think that part of it is that my mum didn't try to stop me while spoiling me so let her get all the "feel good" feelings of that and slowly help her withdraw unless you don't mind.
Re: Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid by slimyem: 1:40pm On Dec 07, 2012
Ten ten..
Wole...
Misway..
If your legs is too dirty...
Mr macaroni...cheesygrin
X and O's
...brb!

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid by Lasinoh: 1:44pm On Dec 07, 2012
Ivynwa:

Smiles at the "stroking my belly button " part. I didn't know others did that. I, my sister and one other cousin are the only persons I have seen in this world that did that. My sister and my cousin grew out of it and I'm still a big girl that stroke my belly button till now. I don't even want to stop it again, it's such a lovely part of me and i love to do that though when I'm not with people.

In as much as you are being a sweet mum leaving her to her stuffs, she is still a kid and needs to be helped to grow out of it while growing into adulthood or else she will be sucking her fingers into adulthood. I didn't stop my belly button thing as a baby and I think that part of it is that my mum didn't try to stop me while spoiling me so let her get all the "feel good" feelings of that and slowly help her withdraw unless you don't mind.

The belly button is a thriller for children and adulls too.
Have you seen any ADULT with fingers in his or her mouth?
The truth is that I really do not see any harm in it but for cosmetic reasons.
I don't want her to have a complex on that account. I aways remind her 'playfully' to take her fingers out. . . But she always regresses.
It is a comfort tool just like a pacifier. No matter what my parents did, I stopped at age 14. It was cruel to try to make me stop and I WAS DEFIANT not to.
She will out-grow it. Not a MAJOR concern now or EVER. I have other things to worry about. It in not the WORST habit a child can have. Bedsides, she is the sweetest and MOST intelligent of them all.kiss
Re: Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid by Ivynwa(f): 2:09pm On Dec 07, 2012
Lasinoh:

The belly button is a thriller for children and adulls too.
Have you seen any ADULT with fingers in his or her mouth?
The truth is that I really do not see any harm in it but for cosmetic reasons.
I don't want her to have a complex on that account. I aways remind her 'playfully' to take her fingers out. . . But she always regresses.
It is a comfort tool just like a pacifier. No matter what my parents did, I stopped at age 14. It was cruel to try to make me stop and I WAS DEFIANT not to.
She will out-grow it. Not a MAJOR concern now or EVER. I have other things to worry about. It in not the WORST habit a child can have. Bedsides, she is the sweetest and MOST intelligent of them all.kiss

I didn't realize that I was responding to same person----lol.
Just came across bits your diaries-----you are one swell of a lady.

Lasinoh:

The belly button is a thriller for children and adults too.---

Wait do you know of any other adult that belly-button strokes?
Re: Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid by greatgod2012(f): 2:09pm On Dec 07, 2012
Ten-ten
suwe
tinko-tinko
bread and butter
cooking.......using tin tomatoes can,sandine can, geisha can etc as pot and brooms as firewood.
using rubber thread to weave different types of things
using sand and water to build house.
Who is in d garden, somebody will be in d middle.

More to come, still thinking.
Re: Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid by Lasinoh: 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2012
Ivynwa:

I didn't realize that I was responding to same person----lol.
Just came across bits your diaries-----you are one swell of a lady.

Wait do you know of any other adult that belly-button strokes?

Thanks. kiss
Banned as usual for fighting DEMONS with multiple IDs on NL. . . I always let the world know with my signature below. cool
I don't know adults who stroke their belly buttons o.
I read it from you.
They sure won't do that in public view ke. . . Haba!!!! grin
Re: Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid by Lasinoh: 4:58pm On Dec 07, 2012
You mess jokes. . . and others!

You mess KPANGOLO SHOUT TU-GBE-TUUUM!!! cheesy
You nor tall. . .you nor short. . .YOU BE LIKE AWUSA DAGGER!!! cheesy
Re: Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid by Ivynwa(f): 12:31am On Dec 08, 2012
Lasinoh:

Thanks. kiss
Banned as usual for fighting DEMONS with multiple IDs on NL. . . I always let the world know with my signature below. cool
I don't know adults who stroke their belly buttons o.
I read it from you.
They sure won't do that in public view ke. . . Haba!!!! grin

No definitely not in public view, it's a personal thing. I am so far into that that I ain't stopping that, don't want to stop either. It's a sweet habit. When I have a child, both of us will be looking like we are from another planet with mum belly button stroking and child perhaps sucking finger----lol lol.

Lasinoh, who have you cursing like that in your other diary thread. Please chill Babes, don't let faceless persons get to you. You give people right to affect you when you go reading and soaking up everything they write down expecting you to read. Just pass over that and read more useful things. Every written stuffs mustn't be read especially if the writer is trying to throw the words at you. Don't waste all that energy pouring stuffs to hit back etc.
Re: Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 08, 2012
I remembered bread and butter, who is in the garden lol

Then I forgot this game you draw like 10 double squares on the ground and skips with 1 leg and you buld your house so the other player has to jump through...jeezz I cried everytime cos one agbaya neighbour buys all her house in the first 3 double rows then we have to jump or beg her (aunty e jo now ) embarassed then you'll have to sell your soul to her devil in order to at least use her yeye house,

Also when its her turn...she pretends she has a living room and kitchen in those squares and all of us will just watch her play and she wastes all the time until we are called in for supper and a bath. I don't like that aunty one bit! Aghh! old days eh?
Re: Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid by greatgod2012(f): 6:07am On Dec 08, 2012
jidegirl12:
I remembered bread and butter, who is in the garden lol

Then I forgot this game you draw like 10 double squares on the ground and skips with 1 leg and you buld your house so the other player has to jump through...jeezz I cried everytime cos one agbaya neighbour buys all her house in the first 3 double rows then we have to jump or beg her (aunty e jo now ) embarassed then you'll have to sell your soul to her devil in order to at least use her yeye house,

Also when its her turn...she pretends she has a living room and kitchen in those squares and all of us will just watch her play and she wastes all the time until we are called in for supper and a bath. I don't like that aunty one bit! Aghh! old days eh?

definately, you are talking about "suwe"
Re: Your Favourite Pass Time When U Were A Kid by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 08, 2012
greatgod2012:

definately, you are talking about "suwe"

suwe grin I forgot the name patapata but I still remember the rules my sister, very fuuny game

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need A House Helper Or Nanny? / For Those Planning For Wedding In 2013 / AWARENESS !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.