Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display (33332 Views)

Frozen Fish Comes Back To Life After Being Defrosted (Video, Pics) / Girl Frozen For 500 Years Looks Alive / (PHOTO) Old But Untold Story Of Indian Girl Who Had Been Frozen For 500 Years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 15, 2012
the pix look too surreal. like im watching a sci-fi. i hope its not an elaborate hoax o?
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 15, 2012
Vikin: Is that braids she is wearing? shocked

lol yep. which is another reason why some black supremacists are positive
the native people of the west had contact with africans.... lipsrsealed
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2012
Brainrex: SALTA, Argentina — The maiden, the boy, the girl of lightning: they were three Inca children, entombed on a bleak and frigid mountaintop 500 years ago as a religious sacrifice…

Unearthed in 1999 from the 22,000-foot summit of Mount Llullaillaco, a volcano 300 miles west of here near the Chilean border, their frozen bodies were among the best preserved mummies ever found, with internal organs intact, blood still present in the heart and lungs, and skin and facial features mostly unscathed. No special effort had been made to preserve them. The cold and the dry, thin air did all the work. They froze to death as they slept, and 500 years later still looked like sleeping children, not mummies.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-En5AnD9JMD4/UMEfXgBPyCI/AAAAAAAAbTw/LAhYoCeL8zA/s1600/15-year-old-girl-from-the-Incan-Empire-who-has-been-frozen-for-500-years-She-was-a-sacrifice.jpeg[/img]

Scientists examine a 15-year-old girl who lived in the Inca Empire, then was sacrificed and remained frozen for 500 years

A scientist carefully extracts a hair from the sacrificial victim known as the “Llullaillaco Maiden,” in a labroom that is kept at a constant freezing temperature

The Llullaillaco Maiden’s new acrylic burial chamber is maintained at 0 degrees Farenheit

More:
http://www.art2shere..com/2012/12/inca-girl-frozen-for-500-years-now-on.html

awesome. this stuff fascinates me.
people tend to act like the ancient ppls were rock dumb.
These people, like wise the egyptians and the chinese, knew how to preserve the human body. We learned EVERYTHING WE KNOW NOW from the ancient people and yet still fail to give them their credit.

1 Like

Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:10pm On Dec 15, 2012
Whao! I must visit to see this with my korokoro eyes.
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by TruBrotha: 1:12pm On Dec 15, 2012
How is this amazing? She like every other person should get a burial she deserves. Mscheww - we've gone so cold that someone who was a victim of some stupid religious norms in no art,,,SMDH
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 15, 2012
Wow. She is truly well-preserved. I find the art of mummification fascinating. smiley
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by ANYPEN(m): 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2012
500 this is amazing!
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by crackhaus: 1:36pm On Dec 15, 2012
One word: FASCINATING!
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by PeterKbaba: 1:43pm On Dec 15, 2012
This tells you that the blacks were already in some foreign countries before slavery.
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 15, 2012
May their spirits find peace.

What a wicked world.
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 15, 2012
wow ! Nature is a good freezer !
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by tayoccu(m): 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2012
It doesn't look like she and the others were sarcrificed ( from what I read native indian sarcifices were rather bloody), it looks more like they fled from something, got lost and were trying to keep warm in the cave their bodies were found.

Just my humble opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by asids55: 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2012
when electricity start?
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by ojotule4: 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2012
pro01: These oyinbo people sef. Is it an incontrovertible fact that the body has been frozen for up to 500 years? How them dey take dey sure say no be more or less than 500 years sef? I tire for science jare.
why e no be 485 or 357 or 458 but 500yrs gbam no more or less?
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by Abbey2sam(m): 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2012
There are a lot of zombies here oo,peoples children were sacrified 500 years ago and here you are shouting wow, wonderful,what's wonder ful about it? And please don't tell me you guys believe this kind of tale by moon light.cuz if believe this then you can believe anything...
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2012
*Kails*:

lol yep. which is another reason why some black supremacists are positive
the native people of the west had contact with africans.... lipsrsealed

Am baffled she is wearing " tiny loose braids" and it's 500 yrs! Where did she even get the hair extension ( attachment) she used grin
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by bigfather(m): 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2012
Vikin:

Am baffled she is wearing " tiny loose braids" and it's 500 yrs! Where did she even get the hair extension ( attachment) she used grin

I tire o! How 500yr old dead body go wear braids? Scientific SCAM!

1 Like

Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by Briareos(m): 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2012
anybody notice the hair... it is beautifully woven.
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by mkmyers45(m): 4:17pm On Dec 15, 2012
Vikin:

big father:

I tire o! How 500yr old dead body go wear braids? Scientific SCAM!

and who told you hair weaving is a new concept...for one, the Egyptians were fascinated with braiding and thier women wore it a lot
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by firestar(f): 4:33pm On Dec 15, 2012
sad

Dry air and ice did all this?

words fail me

Poor girl.
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by Solozzo(m): 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2012
obadiah777: ALL THESE DEMONIC PEOPLE. BURY THE GIRL AND LET HER RETURN TO THE DUST

ASHES TO ASHES AND DUST TO DUST AS ORDAINED BY THE LORD

Religious bigot. Colonial mentality. Brainwashed!!!

1 Like

Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by Solozzo(m): 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2012
pro01: These oyinbo people sef. Is it an incontrovertible fact that the body has been frozen for up to 500 years? How them dey take dey sure say no be more or less than 500 years sef? I tire for science jare.

Have you heard about carbon dating? Pls read about. It?,
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by Solozzo(m): 5:17pm On Dec 15, 2012
tayoccu: It doesn't look like she and the others were sarcrificed ( from what I read native indian sarcifices were rather bloody), it looks more like they fled from something, got lost and were trying to keep warm in the cave their bodies were found.

Just my humble opinion.

Good thinking
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 15, 2012
o'boy:
what if it she wakes up
Like in d movies,right?
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2012
o'boy:
what if it she wakes up
Like in d movies,right? Mehn,dat wud b really scary.
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by Solozzo(m): 5:22pm On Dec 15, 2012
ojotule4: why e no be 485 or 357 or 458 but 500yrs gbam no more or less?

Just an estimation. There s no way you can be 100 percent certain . Better say around 500yrs old

1 Like

Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by honeric01(m): 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2012
How did they know the bodies's 500 yrs old?
Were they there?
How do they know they were used for sacrifice 500 yrs ago?

The corpse even wore correct tennis shoe.
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by seunlayi(m): 5:41pm On Dec 15, 2012
sesanrota: fine chick.......
wetin come happen? abi you want to .........her?
Re: Inca Girl Frozen For 500 Years Now On Display by blackmale1: 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2012
Going by by the intricate details of their dresses, i don't think they should be up to 500 as speculated. I've never trusted carbon dating though...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Our Forum Free Mobile App For Easy Access Here / Scientist Uncover "God's Bathtub" In Australia / The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.