Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara (5808 Views)

ASUU Lambasts Buhari Govt For ‘Unfulfilled Electoral Promises’ / PICTURES: Reaction On GEJ Facebook Page About His Address / From The President Gej's Facebook Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by fatdon2(m): 10:06pm On Dec 07, 2012
Hundreds of facebook users have besieged President Goodluck Jonathan’s facebook page asking him the reason he broke his promise to release funds to clean up poisonous Lead in Zamfara State.

On Thursday, two rights groups, Human Rights Watch and the Nigerian Youth Climate Action Network, NYCAN, called on the public to prevail on Mr. Jonathan to release the said funds.

Related Article: President Jonathan’s ‘Broken Promise’ For Poisoned Children Is Target Of Social Media Campaign

“Unless the promised funds are released immediately, cleanup of the contaminated areas won’t be able to start until after next year’s rainy season, leaving thousands more children at risk of death and permanent disability,” said Babatunde Olugboji of Human Rights Watch.

Over 400 children have died from the lead poisoning, according to Mr. Olugboji, and thousands more are in dire need of medical attention.

The rights groups said that government’s failure to release the promised funds has left thousands of children with lifelong disability in the worst lead poisoning outbreak in recent history.

After the groups’ request on Thursday, hundreds of comments telling Mr. Jonathan that ” Children are dying and your government’s failure to act is putting more children at risk” surfaced on his page.

In his last facebook post, Mr. Jonathan’s had pleaded with Nigerians to be patient with his “transformation agenda.”

“Last year, you entrusted me with your mandate by voting for me to emerge as president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I continue to hold that mandate in trust for you and future generations of Nigeria.

“Over the past year, this administration has been working on fulfilling the promises I made to you during the campaigns. Many of those promises will take time to come to fruition…,” Mr. Jonathan wrote on his November 1 post.

The comments on the Zamfara lead poisoning were put under Mr. Jonathan’s last post.

“I know you’ve got a lot of difficult tasks to tackle in the next year, but the Zamfara cleanup is one that has a proven solution and you have the funds to solve it. Respect your citizens by cleaning up toxins,” read one comment on his post by Elyse Leonard.

Another post by M Ahmet Nermin read “#Lead poisoning in Zamfara State, Nigeria, killed 400+ children and left thousands more with permanent life-long disability. In May, President Goodluck Jonathan pledged $4,000,000 to clean up the lead contamination. Today, that money is nowhere to be found, and thousands of children remain at risk of death and disability.

www.247nigerianewsupdate.com/president-jonathans-facebook-page-attacked-for-not-fulfilling-promise/

Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by Pataki: 10:50pm On Dec 07, 2012
Just peeped at Retardeen's facebook page, he is really being beseiged not only by Nigerians but also the international community.

Jonathan is really a heartless dog! Lead contamination is not a joke. Unfortunately for him, the international community is watching him.

12 Likes

Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by papadenzel(m): 10:53pm On Dec 07, 2012
We have a govt of the more you look, d less you see. So I cross leg dey watch d ongoings!

1 Like

Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by idupaul: 11:05pm On Dec 07, 2012
Can Zamfara people be patient with GEJ can't they see that he is building a new banquet hall and stiill has to provide 9 billion for VP accommodation...

17 Likes

Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 07, 2012
No be to release money be the problem here but if release without due proccess they money will be siphoned and yet you all will come and cry jonathan dis jonathan that. He needs to find capable hand to entrust the job to

1 Like

Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by omenziate(m): 11:49pm On Dec 07, 2012
O ti su Jonah. Ko wa ye mo. Jonathan is tired. Give him a break , d 1billion naira food e dey chop never digest.

5 Likes

Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by mrman2(m): 11:51pm On Dec 07, 2012
Masses: mr president wey the funds wey u promise na?
GEJ: make una cool down na shuo, abi una nor see say I wan build banquet hall abi no be una talk say a hungry man is an angry man?
What we have in this country is a chronic case of misplaced priorities.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:54pm On Dec 07, 2012
idupaul: Can Zamfara people be patient with GEJ can't they see that he is building a new banquet hall and stiill has to provide 9 billion for VP accommodation...

Even the new UN Building is a very pressing matter. undecided

2 Likes

Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 07, 2012
The poster forgot to mention they illegal mines causing the lead poison. It is now a multi million dollar venture and so many people are on these illegal miners payroll. Including the communities that thier children are dying of lead poisoning, state environmental agencies, police force etc. Lets get our facts straight before pointing fingers. If you clean the place up, a thousand more illegal mines will spring up to replace the old ones...is just the "nigerian syndrome".

3 Likes

Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by dayokanu(m): 11:55pm On Dec 07, 2012
Retardeen is obviously out of his depths

Governance is not equal to drinking kaikai and fish peppersoup

5 Likes

Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by bestower: 11:57pm On Dec 07, 2012
Dem dey follow u talk and u dey sleep for meeting abegi wake up,u neva c anything.can someone tell him to wake up and fulfill his campaign promises?This is nigeria my beloveth country nd my intelligent citizens.neva make promise u will neva fulfiled.
Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by Dignitary: 12:13am On Dec 08, 2012
GEJ is the most ridiculed Nigerian President ever.

I think he is just doomed to fail.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by dominique(f): 12:18am On Dec 08, 2012
I wanted to visit the page to read the comments, couldn't get myself to 'like' this fella.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by iphy42: 12:30am On Dec 08, 2012
@ dominique, just 'like' read comments nd 'unlike' asap grin@ dominique, just 'like' read comments nd 'unlike' asap
Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by mikevox: 12:37am On Dec 08, 2012
For Photoshoots, Videoshoots and Graphic Designs Contact The VOX Studios: Tel: 08166213621 BB pin: 290809A2 or Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/voxmediagroup
Thanks.
Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by heed101(m): 12:40am On Dec 08, 2012
dominique: I wanted to visit the page to read the comments, couldn't get myself to 'like' this fella.
u wicked o. ;d

1 Like

Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by Parnassuss(m): 1:23am On Dec 08, 2012
mitwitdot: The poster forgot to mention they illegal mines causing the lead poison. It is now a multi million dollar venture and so many people are on these illegal miners payroll. Including the communities that thier children are dying of lead poisoning, state environmental agencies, police force etc. Lets get our facts straight before pointing fingers. If you clean the place up, a thousand more illegal mines will spring up to replace the old ones...is just the "nigerian syndrome".

Being that the mines and minerals all belong to the federal government there is nothing for Jonathan to do except clean up that Bleep up. Besides who gives a damn whether its illegal mining or not, are the kids the ones mining it? What also makes you think there are billions being made from tiny pit holes? Abeg get your facts straight and stop trying to justify GEJ's total incompetence

5 Likes

Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by Eisenhower(m): 1:26am On Dec 08, 2012
[quote
author=Pataki]Just peeped at Retardeen's facebook page, he is really
being beseiged not only by Nigerians but also the international
community.

Jonathan is really a heartless dog! Lead contamination is not a joke.
Unfortunately for him, the international community is watching
him.[/quote]
international community watch who ? are they not in the same league? stop hoping on international communtiy whose aims and goals tally with what GEJ is doing...
Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by elbinmanny(m): 1:30am On Dec 08, 2012
For more than 40yrs that the niger delta region have suffered oil spillage! Farm lands destroyed, aquatic system made useless, no roads, no school or health centres! Yet they provide the nation's revenue! Oil money have been used to develop other cities while the niger delta suffers! All these took place when their son's where in power, owning oil wells till date! How many of them complained?? They were busy forming born to rule.
You can all die for all I care! This is just the genesis! Make una wait till I start to poison the air wey una the breath with gaseous otapiapia!!! Idiotas!!!

1 Like

Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by deletrue: 3:45am On Dec 08, 2012
Parnassuss:

Being that the mines and minerals all belong to the federal government there is nothing for Jonathan to do except clean up that Bleep up. Besides who gives a damn whether its illegal mining or not, are the kids the ones mining it? What also makes you think there are billions being made from tiny pit holes? Abeg get your facts straight and stop trying to justify GEJ's total incompetence
One of the most senseless comments. Am sure you are a hater. When Shell pipe lines were sabotaged or blown open by oil thieves illegally, is it federal government that is responsible for the compensation? Are the so called kids not having parents to restrain them from tampering these mines and minerals. Ok, were the parents not benefiting from these illegal activity by their kids? So, they can as well enjoy the outcome of the illegalites.
Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by Oluwateledemi: 4:00am On Dec 08, 2012

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Do you wish to Livebetalife?

Tired of relying on Your Parent / Friends?

Then join
[liveBETAlife on facebook] now
Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by free2ryhme: 4:12am On Dec 08, 2012
why are we all killing ourselves over dis funds sef? he is thinking of a sweet lie to tell you becos the said funds have bin embezzled
Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by luluosas(m): 4:30am On Dec 08, 2012
gboss4sure: No be to release money be the problem here but if release without due proccess they money will be siphoned and yet you all will come and cry jonathan dis jonathan that. He needs to find capable hand to entrust the job to
What about the millions and billions that are embezzled on the daily basis by this government officials?
Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by nankosa(m): 5:54am On Dec 08, 2012
Thence gej not GEJ. The guy non worth the upper case letters.
Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by Akshow: 6:15am On Dec 08, 2012
come 2000 and What ever when the next election is taking place, make Una stil go thumb print umbrella. Shey Una say Una no get sense ba, Na times three suffering de await Una. Failed govt wit him failed promises. How many of Una don carry eye see the palliative measures them de shout when them wan remote subsidy? Gullible set of human beings

3 Likes

Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 08, 2012
el bin manny: For more than 40yrs that the niger delta region have suffered oil spillage! Farm lands destroyed, aquatic system made useless, no roads, no school or health centres! Yet they provide the nation's revenue! Oil money have been used to develop other cities while the niger delta suffers! All these took place when their son's where in power, owning oil wells till date! How many of them complained?? They were busy forming born to rule.
You can all die for all I care! This is just the genesis! Make una wait till I start to poison the air wey una the breath with gaseous otapiapia!!! Idiotas!!!
They realy think that GEJ doesnt know anything. But i tell you that he is one of the most wise president that Nigeria will ever have.
Some f.o.ols want him to give them $4.000.000. To sponsor Bokoharam and they think he doesnt know ?. If they like let them be poisoned with uranium or plutinium for all i care.
Those supporting the Abokis are the real RETARDEEN. GEJ is only trying to restore what the uncivilized herdsmen destroyed.
Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 08, 2012
emmydeep:
They realy think that GEJ doesnt know anything. But i tell you that he is one of the most wise president that Nigeria will ever have.
Some f.o.ols want him to give them $4.000.000. To sponsor Bokoharam and they think he doesnt know ?. If they like let them be poisoned with uranium or plutinium for all i care.
Those supporting the Abokis are the real RETARDEEN. GEJ is only trying to restore what the uncivilized herdsmen destroyed.
Dafuq did I just read undecided undecided
Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by timmy7(m): 7:04am On Dec 08, 2012
deletrue: One of the most senseless comments. Are the so called kids not having parents to restrain them from tampering these mines and minerals. Ok, were the parents not benefiting from these illegal activity by their kids? So, they can as well enjoy the outcome of the illegalites.
The above is the most senseless comment I have read in recent time, if you dont know about an issue just read up and stop spilling rubbish online. Simply google zamfara lead poisoning 2010 and tell me how "so called kids..." as you described them are tampering with the mines and even deserved to bear the consequence of their parent's actions. We are talking about children here who are more at risk of lead poisoning here and you are writing nonsense.
Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by tarryT(m): 7:12am On Dec 08, 2012
Parnassuss:

I agree with you.. Let GEJ clean up the mess. And the funds to be used for this clean up must come from the legal mines in Zamfara. He should not use oil money or that from taxt payers.
Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by omenka(m): 7:22am On Dec 08, 2012
el bin manny: For more than 40yrs that the niger delta region have suffered oil spillage! Farm lands destroyed, aquatic system made useless, no roads, no school or health centres! Yet they provide the nation's revenue! Oil money have been used to develop other cities while the niger delta suffers! All these took place when their son's where in power, owning oil wells till date! How many of them complained?? They were busy forming born to rule.
Most pathetic tramp that ever came on here.
Chief Oluwaseun Osewa. B.Sc, M.Sc, PhD, JP, BB, XO, VSOP! When are we gettin that 'dislike' botton

1 Like

Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by sbeezy8: 7:30am On Dec 08, 2012
SAD enough these children MINE for raw materials that end up being products that make Billionaires like Bill gates and steve jobs
Re: GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara by collins123(m): 7:43am On Dec 08, 2012
mr_man: Masses: mr president wey the funds wey u promise na?
GEJ: make una cool down na shuo, abi una nor see say I wan build banquet hall abi no be una talk say a hungry man is an angry man?
What we have in this country is a chronic case of misplaced priorities.

[size=15pt]Wetin be MISPLACED PRIORITIES?

SPARE ME ALL THOSE END TIME GRAMMAR[/size]

[size=13pt]WHAT WE HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY IS[/size] [size=18pt]A CHRONIC CASE OF CORRUPTION[/size]!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping / Pipeline Explosion Ruin Farms In Ibadan / 35m Nigerian Adults Are Illiterates — Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.