Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel (5416 Views)

EBONYLIFE TV Auditions For Actors And Presenters. / Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel / Mo Abudu Launches EbonyLife TV Entertainment Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by trendystuf(f): 11:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
Television talk show presenter and producer, Mosunmola Abudu, is set to launch a private television channel.

The cable television channel is called EbonyLife, a lifestyle channel that will run on Dstv in several African countries. According to reports, the crew is currently being selected, following the acquisition of equipment and the signing of a “landmark JV and concession agreement with Tinapa, in Cross Rivers State.”

Abudu, popularly known as Mo on her talk show, Moments With Mo, is funding the project herself. The 48 year-old entrepreneur is also a human resources management consultant.

She began her talk show in 2009, and focuses on issues such as lifestyle, culture, health, entertainment, marriage and politics.

With the forthcoming inauguration, she increases the number of Nigerians that have launched television channels both cable and terrestrial.

In August 2012, popular producer and Chief Executive officer of Consolidated Media Associates, Tajudeen Adepetu, took his act a bit further by launching OnTv, an all entertainment channel that covers music, movie, fashion and sports.

Television and radio host, and co-owner of Kennis Music, Kenny Ogungbe, also launched a channel, Kennis Music Channel.

The channel, currently running as a cable station, is a 24-hour music, entertainment and events one.

Popular film producer, Wale Adenuga, has also unveiled his wapTV, which is currently on Star Times.

Congrats!
http://www.punchng.com/entertainment/e-punch/mo-abudu-joins-league-of-tv-channel-owners/
http://trendysturvs..com/2012/12/mo-abudu-is-set-to-launch-private.html

Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by pappy2000: 1:15pm On Dec 08, 2012
Nice one for her
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by mdshow01: 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2012
pappy2000: Nice one for her
good
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by mdshow01: 1:24pm On Dec 08, 2012
2nd to comment yeepy yeah

2 Likes

Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by JoanJohnson(f): 1:27pm On Dec 08, 2012
Congrats to Mo'. Always liked her show.
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by ebamma3: 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
Just two words who cares

1 Like

Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by GMacbeth: 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
Am sick and tired of this shit called life.
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2012
Muscular woman that won't hide her biceps. Good for her though. I guess more nigerians are about to get employed.
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by Afam4eva(m): 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2012
Why do Nigerians find it hard to work together. They're so many TV stations springing up everywhere and in a few years time some of them will die out just like that. We have to imbibe the culture of partnerships. Let them come together and setup a few world-class station instead of several average or below average tv stations.

It's all good anyways.

5 Likes

Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by aadetoyin(f): 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2012
Its really a nice move and I admire ur courage n determination to veer into that line. but wat kind of channel would it be? It should be fun sha. Looking forward to it.
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by Cherish100(f): 1:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
ebamma 3: Just two words who cares
You do care, much more than you can imagine that you even post a comment to show how much.

@topic, Congratulations Mo. This is a step forward. Really love her show 'Moments with Mo'. Highly educative and interesting. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by mrperfect(m): 1:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
That is awesome.

1 Like

Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by Leadn(m): 1:54pm On Dec 08, 2012
Crap! who cares undecided
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by bcityboy: 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
Congrats i so much like her show, may Almighty God Continue to bless her
may it b successful

1 Like

Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by sheedy407(m): 2:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
[quote author=afam4eva]Why do Nigerians find it hard to work together. They're so many TV stations springing up everywhere and in a few years time some of them will die out just like that. We have to imbibe the culture of partnerships. Let them come together and setup a few world-class station instead of several average or below average tv stations.

It's all good anyways.[/quoteyou are a fool for saying dat.What have you contributed and how many private tv station has gone off air or die out?u memory for ur brain na 32mb.
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by phemi01(m): 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2012
This is a successful and reasonable woman creating a new business and creating jobs foR youths out there.

The bastard politicians will never spend the billions they steal to create jobs. All they know how to do is to build houses all over like birds n buy flashy cars n jets.

Yet they keep telling poor youths to create jobs for themselves so that they can tax us and embezzle more.
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
Wow! Congratulations to her.
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by lolaluv1(f): 6:29pm On Dec 08, 2012
I go like work with this woman o!
She's well on her way to being the Nigerian Oprah....
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 09, 2012
lola.luv:
I go like work with this woman o!
She's well on her way to being the Nigerian Oprah....

For your mind

Congrats to her anyway.

Am setting up a private carwash station...
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by floriana(m): 3:54am On Dec 09, 2012
When will she bring Imam Abubakar Shekau to her show? I wan watch abeg.
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by gregg2: 5:25am On Dec 09, 2012
But the woman look much younger than 48 . . . kudos.
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 09, 2012
Now that is a woman I so much admire !
She is a source of inspiration. Kudos Ma'am.
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by slimyem: 12:36pm On Dec 09, 2012
She's not a fantastic presenter but its a good thing she's doing....at least it'll provide job opportunities for not less than 20 jobless ones out there.
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by lolaluv1(f): 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2012
okpara ugo:

For your mind

Congrats to her anyway.

Am setting up a private carwash station...

Hi hater. I've seen you, you've been noticed.
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by meshacha1: 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2012
d word ebony...
Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by Orikinla(m): 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2013

Re: Mo'Abudu To Launch 'EbonyLife' Private Television Channel by LaudateII: 11:05am On Aug 12, 2013
Well, let us hope her Ebony Life TV lives up to the hype she created around it. I have been watching the station for a while and am already seriously bored. Over 80% of their staple offerings are mostly just talk shows.

Add another 20% of foreign movies and music and this is all. Their presenters are good (i.e. nice diction, good phonetics, average dress sense..), but it takes more than fine presenters and talk shows to ramp up viewership and make a world-class TV station. undecided

When they promised us that "everything you knew about Africa is about to change,", no one asked them how they planned to achieve this feat, so we waited patiently for them to show us. And many of us are still waiting...! cry

I expected to see truly enriching programmes with African themes told from an African perspective. Instead we get a clone of a foreign lifestyle station that tries to be more westernised than the West. A truly American or European-style clone, is what Ebony Life TV station...has become. Sad. sad

Ebony Life TV promotes more news about American celebrities than anything else. If I want to read or hear about Charlize Theron or Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie, I will go to E!Channel, not Ebony Life TV.

We are still waiting for the "change" they promised, to come... undecided

(1) (Reply)

Which Movie Can You Watch Again And Again Without Getting Bored? / Watch All Latest Hiphop/rap/r&b Music Videos Here / Link To Download Passion Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.