Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,356 members, 7,954,446 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:04 PM

4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning (23343 Views)

See How My Students Wrote Exams This Morning / Babcock University Student Damilola Koya Died In His Sleep / NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 09, 2012
Are this guys going to hell or heaven?
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by Yvete(f): 8:11am On Dec 09, 2012
LOL Only a hypocrite knows another hypocrite! Whilst no one is perfect, its pathetic that anyone would justify driving under the influence. Only a 'silly' person would neglect plans for a designated driver thereby putting innocent people at risk with a ridiculous excuse that all Nigerian adults drink and drive. What a joke! I guess the slogan, "Drink, drive and go to jail" is foreign to some people.

Shakes head with pity.

1 Like

Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 09, 2012
Yvete: LOL Only a hypocrite knows another hypocrite! There are adults that don't drink and drive. Whilst no one is perfect, its pathetic that anyone would justify driving under the influence. Only a 'silly' person would neglect plans for a designated driver thereby putting innocent people at risk. I guess the slogan, "Drink, drive and go to jail" is foreign to some people. Drink in moderation my a.$.$.

Shakes head with pity.

You're entitled to your opinions and that's what this forum is about. I'm simply taking a realist approach to DUI in Nigeria. In Nigeria, there is no mechanism put in place to checkmate DUI. The fact is most adults will rather drive home under the influence than leave their cars at the club to take a cab. I can't expect you to know this or what else is applicable in this part of the world cos you're obviously lost

1 Like

Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by skyfall: 8:55am On Dec 09, 2012
This one doesn't need argument. The rule is "don't drive at all when you've had a drink." If you think you can customize it for Nigeria, then you're OYO. If you kill yourself, the best you'll get is RIP. And if you kill innocent people and can live with the guilt and possibly a jail term, good luck to you.
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by LopBB: 9:00am On Dec 09, 2012
orelove4liff: May their souls neva rest in peace..bloody bastards.
My brother, that was very harsh & an utmost disrespect for the dead. If U can't say a little R.I.P. for them, why not just pass.
And to think that you reacted that way to what someone posted on an online forum without being sure of the true circumstances surrounding the accident is....SMH
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 09, 2012
skyfall: This one doesn't need argument. The rule is "don't drive at all when you've had a drink." If you think you can customize it for Nigeria, then you're OYO. If you kill yourself, the best you'll get is RIP. And if you kill innocent people and can live with the guilt and possibly a jail term, good luck to you.

I'm not trying to justify driving under influence, It is bad. I'm simply stating whats obtainable in Nigeria today. A few questions for you...
•Why are the parking lots of bars and clubs always filled with cars?
•Who owns these cars?
•Is it possible for a regular drinker to visit a bar/Club and not have a few drinks?
•Do bar/clubs usually have drivers for hire?
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by vilively: 10:01am On Dec 09, 2012
dl_jbd: Dm even hold bottles 4 their pix.

The perceived nigerian idea of being cool and onpoint...its jus sad
What happens when u are dead...u won't be so cool anymore.

Things shld be done with caution...everything.
RIP

1 Like

Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by skyfall: 10:32am On Dec 09, 2012
flanrey:

I'm not trying to justify driving under influence, It is bad. I'm simply stating whats obtainable in Nigeria today. A few questions for you...
•Why are the parking lots of bars and clubs always filled with cars?
•Who owns these cars?
•Is it possible for a regular drinker to visit a bar/Club and not have a few drinks?
•Do bar/clubs usually have drivers for hire?

I understand your thinking. The answer is that Nigeria is more unless a jungle. That's why each individual has to be responsible for their own well-being. That's why we sink our borehole, buy generator and pave your own roads. If you wait for things to be put in place, sorry o. Moreover, bars in the west, even in UK who are safety freaks don't have arrangements to transport people home after a night out. It's each drinker's responsibility to get home alive. The only advantage they have is that there is an efficient public transport system.

If you go out early on Sat/Sun mornings around VI/Lekki in Lagos, you'll lose count of accidents on the roads. People sustain serious injuries & lose their lives all for a few hours of "grooving." I expect anyone who values their life not to do that. That a lot of people do it doesn't change the fact that it's wrong.
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by anderson1994: 11:05am On Dec 09, 2012
Rip pleas stop judgeing this poor people we are not hundred percent sure they where drunk....
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 09, 2012
mascot87: it was a fatal accident but we thank God Almighty that no life was lost.

I don't understand you bud - a fatality means loss of life. undecided
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2012
flanrey: There is not one adult in Nigeria that engages in drinking and owns a vehicle that has never driven under the influence

Really? So you know all 150-odd million Nigerians, and you've carried out a survey? Until folk learn to accept responsibility for their actions, accidents like this will continue to happen. There's no excuse for drink-driving whatsoever.
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 09, 2012
To certain nairalanders, do not talk evil of d death, because u never know how u (I mean u)will end up.pls always extract the lessons on every events. RIP.
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2012
coolkris: Are this guys going to hell or heaven?
WHO ARE. WE TO JUDGE. JUDGE THEM AND U SHALL BE JUDGED. BEWARE!
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by perrychocks(f): 2:20pm On Dec 09, 2012
Ademo2: its vry sad,bt dy put their parents 2 shame nd grieve
wats de shame dere
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by perrychocks(f): 2:22pm On Dec 09, 2012
LopBB:
My brother, that was very harsh & an utmost disrespect for the dead. If U can't say a little R.I.P. for them, why not just pass.
And to think that you reacted that way to what someone posted on an online forum without being sure of the true circumstances surrounding the accident is....SMH
ma ur own soul rest in pieces somedai.mtcheeeew
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by oribi(m): 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2012
i just pray for their souls...can't say alot cos 2days back when coming from benin ............... lipsrsealed lets just say GOD IS GOOD TO ME
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by pinkkystel(f): 5:13pm On Dec 09, 2012

Watch what you wish for others, it always comes back to you
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by zubino(m): 6:43pm On Dec 09, 2012
RIP, GOD help those of us alive to learn frm this and have responsible lives.
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by walex57(m): 7:33am On Dec 10, 2012
I've been reading comments posted..and somehow no one seem to talk about the innocent man in the BMW returning from a vigil..while some people support drunk driving, others are just "whatever"....You need to pray that you don't become the innocent caught in the web, when the guilty are receiving their punishment....RIP to all that lost their lives especially "Lucky" who happened to be my secondary school mate...but my condolences go to the family of the innocent guy in the BMW.
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by Josh121(m): 11:13am On Dec 10, 2012
I was to go with this same guys to the club but me and my friend said we are not going , we desired to drink at home , the shocking thing is the muscle and had accident before and was pack for 6months , the owner who was the driver , spend all is money on working on this car now the same car kill 4 and he survive . May their soul rest in peace. Respect to you (juve) rest in peace bro . Been in shock since on Saturday
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by onyxo76(m): 11:26am On Dec 10, 2012
so it was those guys cars i saw on my street in oluyole estate on saturday,RIP.
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by mayrho(m): 11:47am On Dec 10, 2012
another DUI case why do people just waste their lives get a cab if u must get high RIP
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by damjosh(m): 11:14pm On Dec 10, 2012

As yours will!
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by TableLeg(m): 11:15pm On Dec 10, 2012
What a reta/rd .... A flipping oxymoron/ic dolt

1 Like

Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by damjosh(m): 11:22pm On Dec 10, 2012
Josh121: I was to go with this same guys to the club but me and my friend said we are not going , we desired to drink at home , the shocking thing is the muscle and had accident before and was pack for 6months , the owner who was the driver , spend all is money on working on this car now the same car kill 4 and he survive . May their soul rest in peace. Respect to you (juve) rest in peace bro . Been in shock since on Saturday

Chai! Nigga u can so lie o. Dis guys had plans 2 catch fun dt nyt, but dey were not on dier way 2 any club yet wen d accident happend. Dey were just on dr way 2 dropping dr frnd (dube) & his galfrnd (bisola).
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by damjosh(m): 11:39pm On Dec 10, 2012
fittty: Sad news. It says 4 students of LeadCity university died instantly early this morning in an auto crash around high-court area of ring road ibadan. They left Infinities and were heading to Koko Dome night club for a party hosted by some LeadCity students. They obviously were drunk and turnt up... May their souls rest in peace

Hmmm...it's so unfortunate that when bad things happen, different stories - mostly false - pop up. Sum of dis guys r my gud friends n I was lucky 2 hear d story first-hand (from d only one walking and well - d oda survivor nids surgery 4 his tigh n leg).
The 'realest' truth; not all of dem were Lead City students.
They were not drunk - at all self.
They were not on their way to the club - @least not @ d tym of d accident. They were just tryin 2 drop 2 ppl off at dier homes (Dube & girlfriend, Bisola - RIP both) wen it happened. They didn't even have money (& I seriously mean none of dem) to club that night, and planned sleeping ova @ a friend's in Sabo. They might av gone tho if dey still got money dat nyt.
The BMW owner was just an innocent victim AND HE IS STILL VERY ALIVE IN UCH. D last I heard of him was an ex-ray dey r trying 2 get of his injured neck. Pls dnt pronounce him dead.
And d oda 2 survivors are NOT in 'critical' conditions. I saw my frnd dis eve wit his peeps n he saw me off wen I left. He only had minor injury - in fact, he took bike home dat night when others were taken to hospital b4 he joined dem 4 his treatment.
Dey might have been over-speeding for real. I ain't doubting dat.
But let's b careful of d stories we tell and d comments we make.
PS: dey were coming from home. Not from Infinities, abeg...hmmm
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by damjosh(m): 11:46pm On Dec 10, 2012
anderson1994: Rip pleas stop judgeing this poor people we are not hundred percent sure they where drunk....

They certainly weren't drunk. Thanks for being reasonable.
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by damjosh(m): 11:55pm On Dec 10, 2012
pDude: In the pix of the students, two of them are holding wine. Little did they know that na wetin dey sweet, na hin dey kill pass. RIP.

DONT DRINK AND DRIVE.

O ma Shey o! I dnt drink (xcpt 1ce in a very very blue moon), yet I av pics in which I posed wit wine, even on fb. So u can't rily judge wit d pics, n moreover, dey weren't drunk dat nyt.
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by damjosh(m): 11:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
2sexy: All the money ever invested on them gone. I wonder why people just think that life is always about enjoyment... I keep saying this, money has a bad spirit.

There thousands of Nigerian who never had the opportunity to even school in Nigeria, but this folks even had it to school outside the country.

Pathetic!

Lead City is in Ibadan undecided
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by damjosh(m): 12:04am On Dec 11, 2012
yoged: if you don't know anything then shut the Zap up. Those guys were drunk. They were in the same party with my friend and he even said those guys were really drunk. Well, may God be with us all. Its very simple, don't drink and drive( vice versa).

Then ur friend must b a friggin liar!!! They weren't cumin from any party. They could av gone later tho
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by damjosh(m): 12:07am On Dec 11, 2012
Olalekan 0: Of the four victims,only johnson is a leadcity student,he was due for graduation last july but had an extra year,the rest are ibadan natives and not Lead City Students!

Thanks o, I tire o. Same tin I dey tell em here.
Re: 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning by damjosh(m): 12:25am On Dec 11, 2012
yamakuza:

as to the accident, how do 2 cars headed in the same direction collide? unless there's a third party involved?

Dey didn't collide and dey weren't headin 2wds d same direction. D red muscle sped into & over d raised platform dt separates d road (wateva dey call it), and one side into a pole that both sent it all somersaulting n flyin into and on top of d BMW dt was cumin from d opposite direction and on d oda syd of d road. It was an unimaginable kinda accident.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Private University Fees Are Low - Professor Jide Owoeye / Professor Olayemi Durotimi Accused Of Sexual Impropriety, Drunkenness / 2012/2013 Post Ume For Imsu Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.