Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,326 members, 7,864,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:42 PM

For Ma Unaware Apple Fans - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / For Ma Unaware Apple Fans (500 Views)

Breaking News, All Apple Fans - The New Iphone 7 ‘won’t Have A Headphone Socket / Apple Fans Around The World Finally Get The Iphone 6 (PICTURES) / Apple Fans Strike Back At Samsung &Nokia Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For Ma Unaware Apple Fans by bitweezy: 7:29pm On Dec 09, 2012
This to shut the yapping mouths of those Apple fans who don't know that samsung builds the vital components of their mobile devices.
[/b]
Samsung bumps up the price of Apple’s processors by 20%, Apple can’t say no
by Stefan Constantinescu on Nov 12, 2012[b]

Every iPhone or iPad or iPod touch that you see in the wild, they all have processors inside that were manufactured by Samsung. Samsung, knowing that Apple simply can’t call another company and ask them to make their chips, raised the prices of said chips by 20% according to MarketWatch. There’s not much Apple can do, and the report confirms that, saying Apple accepted the price bump. It also goes on to say that Samsung made roughly 130 million processors for Apple in 2011. This year that number is expected to surpass 200 million. And the contract that Apple and Samsung have, it doesn’t expire until 2014.

So let’s break this news item down. Why did Samsung bump up the prices of their chips? To screw Apple, obviously, but more importantly to make sure that Samsung can keep a greater share of what their factories spit out. The fewer processors Samsung makes for Apple, the more they can make for themselves. What’s Apple going to do? There have been rumors floating around the internet for months that Apple is going to transition to using another fab, TSMC, for their chips. We fully believe the rumor to be true, now it’s just a question of when. The MarketWatch piece says the contract between Apple and Samsung expires in 2014, so there’s a strong chance you’re going to see some Apple devices with TSMC chips inside hit the market within 24 months.

What impact, if any, does this have on the Android ecosystem? Like we said earlier, the fewer components Samsung supplies to Apple, the more they get to keep for themselves. Samsung is now the number one handset maker in terms of volume. They’d like to keep that title, and that means throwing one of their biggest customers under the bus.

Do we feel any sympathy towards Apple? Not in the slightest.
Re: For Ma Unaware Apple Fans by Ozegbe(m): 9:04pm On Dec 09, 2012
my friend do you know that any phone, tablet or laptop that hit the market is crossed checked and compared with similar apple product? why is that? to comfirm how they measure up with the best of the best.
Believe me, am not an apple fanboy and i have never own their product...but you got to give it to them.
i dont know who does the various component that make up their hardware, but i do know that the end product is always of high quality.
Re: For Ma Unaware Apple Fans by Francheezy(m): 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2012
am naw aware

(1) (Reply)

Micostarmall_shoping Abroad From Nigeria / Bulk SMS Marketing – Who Composes Your Text Message? / What Do U Hate About Your Blackberry???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.