Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. (6398 Views)

Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter / Naruto:The Seventh Hokage and The Scarlet Spring(anime/manga)Discussion Thread / Whats Your Best Television series ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by Fatdon(m): 5:39am On Dec 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEXln6NZDk

Channels Television has emerged the ‘best television station of the year’ for 2012 in Nigeria.

At the 12th edition of the Nigeria Media Merit Awards (NMMA) held at the Eko Hotels in Lagos, Channels Television beat all comers to clinch the laurel for an unprecedented seven times.

Within the last decade, Channels Television won the NMMA an amazing six times between 2000 and 2010 culminating in the distinction of “Station of the decade.”

Channels Television’s bias for news has placed it well above other competitors in the Nigerian Television industry.
www.channelstv.com/home/2012/12/09/channels-is-nigerias-best-television-station-for-the-seventh-time/

3 Likes

Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by Fatdon(m): 9:41am On Dec 10, 2012
Always the best in what they do.
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by Afam4eva(m): 9:57am On Dec 10, 2012
Channels is one of the few professional TV stations in Nigeria. They have carved a niche for themselves in News reportage and they're always where it matters. AIT also has coverage but they lack the quality that Channels and STV have. I see TVC and maybe ONTV taking it in subsequent years.
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by alfredo4u(m): 9:58am On Dec 10, 2012
They r truly d best unlike nta and ait dat carries delayed news. 8 bosa's 4 channels
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by otigainspires(m): 10:02am On Dec 10, 2012
i'll have to rate them down in terms of entertainment. They are best for fast news reporting, fair and balanced reporting without fear or favour. I think AIT needs to wake up.

They deserve it, with all the LIVE news and current reporting.
NTA is another story!
http://otigainspires.com
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by catchcold1(m): 10:03am On Dec 10, 2012
channelsTV is our very own CNN..aldoh alot still has to be done,but they are the best for now. Congrats!!
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by llouis: 10:12am On Dec 10, 2012
I know they are good but are they really that good? 6 times in a row?
What are AIT and Silver Bird doing na?

Kudos to them but they should up their game cos internationally Am not sure they register when compared to the likes of BBC, CNN, Al Jazerra, but then again, nigerians generally love to celebrate themselves. We tend to be so backward at times that what we perceive as an achievement is usually perceived by the international community as mediocrity.

I can still remember NTA 2 channel 5 back in the days of 1989 when i couldn't wait till 4pm to turn on the tv and watch voltron or muppet babies or dempsey and makepiece at 11:15 pm after the news, half a nigerian lifetime later we are all engrossed in cable tv as our standard of quality enter and infotainment, whilst our local stations continue to bathe each other in a pool of their own mediocrity.

SMH (till it falls of like a coconut)

3 Likes

Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by bory09(m): 10:17am On Dec 10, 2012
Na news i wan chop. Where is galaxy, stv, tvc these are the channels that serve majority of people with their want which is film, music and fabu news. I think galaxy deserve the award most
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by Archmed(m): 10:21am On Dec 10, 2012
4direct: Everything on TV is physically impossible. Id quit watching Naija TV 6yr ago, A TV can insult 1 intelligence, but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
Wetin dis man dey talk...lwkmd

1 Like

Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by EzePromoe: 10:29am On Dec 10, 2012
Stations i see as my best are stations who have wider coverage. For me AIT is my best because that's what i watch without having to subscribe to DSTV. But seriously, don't PH merit to have all these stations e.g Channels, ITV, MITV, GALAXY, ONTV, MBI and the rest of them. I used to watch these stations back then in Lagos. I just love Primetime Africa and Kennis Music International entertainment shows on AIT. I also love MTV BASE big Friday show on Silverbird. Channels should do more by expanding their reach
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by Afam4eva(m): 10:31am On Dec 10, 2012
Eze Promoe:
Stations i see as my best are stations who have wider coverage. For me AIT is my best because that's what i watch without having to subscribe to DSTV. But seriously, don't PH merit to have all these stations e.g Channels, ITV, MITV, GALAXY, ONTV, MBI and the rest of them. I used to watch these stations back then in Lagos. I just love Primetime Africa and Kennis Music International entertainment shows on AIT. I also love MTV BASE big Friday show on Silverbird. Channels should do more by expanding their reach
That's the problem i have with these stations. I don't know why most of them will focus on Lagos alone. Apart from AIT and NTA, none of these stations are national.
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by Francheezy(m): 10:33am On Dec 10, 2012
0nTV, 0nTV o0oh...yes yes yes yes

1 Like

Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by REVOLUTNIS: 10:42am On Dec 10, 2012
they deserve it, AIT has bn bought over by politicians and government mafias but Gbenga of AIT remains my best TV presenter. Channels TV should do more on the dressing style of their presenters mostly the men, they should learn to dress smartly and not dressing like 1940s journalist.
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by dridowu: 10:46am On Dec 10, 2012
Dy truly deserve it but i hate dm for not showing anylive Nigeria match
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by demelza: 10:47am On Dec 10, 2012
@otigainspires:
i'll have to rate them down in terms of entertainment. They are best for fast news reporting, fair and balanced reporting without fear or favour. I think AIT needs to wake up.

http://otigainspires.com
Channels is primarily a news station ala CNN, entertainment isnt their main forte unlike Silverbird.
As for AIT, they fell off a very long time ago.
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by SamMilla1(m): 10:52am On Dec 10, 2012
I think the owner of the station knows something we dont know
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by Livebetalife(f): 11:06am On Dec 10, 2012
them b d best nw
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by Ralphjoe(m): 11:08am On Dec 10, 2012
Channels tv is my best tv station in Nigeria, even though they are not national but i love their news reporting style, when i watch channeltv, they make me feel as if am watching CNN or Aljezeera & the likes, good accent(that one may even 4get that they are Nigerians), great visual & camera quality. Infact they deserve to be the best in west Africa.
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by mejai(m): 11:09am On Dec 10, 2012
R dey messi? grin
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by miteolu(m): 11:15am On Dec 10, 2012
Best Television in wetin?

1 Like

Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by EzePromoe: 11:18am On Dec 10, 2012
afam4eva:
That's the problem i have with these stations. I don't know why most of them will focus on Lagos alone. Apart from AIT and NTA, none of these stations are national.

That PH (which is rated next in line after Lagos and Abuja) as a whole has only 4 Tv stations (not even up to the number of stations in Anambra, my state) is not ideal at all. Little or no wonder cables always sells well there.
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by erayo2GCA(m): 11:20am On Dec 10, 2012
mess channels tv..they are no where to b found in south south..only dstv and Lagos...AIT all d way...

islam suck...GEJ is dumb...hate PDP
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by fergusen: 11:21am On Dec 10, 2012
great
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by pak: 11:21am On Dec 10, 2012
Channels ! the Leo Messi of Nigerian TV stations !

Well deserved !!
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 10, 2012
Oh My ChannelsTV..... Always my Best all over
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 10, 2012
erayo2GCA: mess channels tv..they are no where to b found in south south..only dstv and Lagos...AIT all d way...

islam suck...GEJ is dumb...hate PDP
what's the connection of this with islam,GEJ and PDP?

@topic
That is an unbiased award. Channels deserve it.
However,in comparison with AIT, they have poor picture and graphic quality.
And by now nigerian stations should be seen to cover at least the whole of africa. Nigerian stations are basically national.
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by nerodenero: 11:38am On Dec 10, 2012
Quodos to Channels and I believe there is still room for improvement.It seems other TV stations have been sleeping and gosh!!!AIT,thought they would be leading while others follow by now.Whichever way,it was an award well deserved.
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 10, 2012
So far....only ait has been able to wow me with picture quality. The rest always look like watching 3gp video on a multimedia phone. About the programs...I don't really watch TV that much
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by vanstanzy(m): 11:54am On Dec 10, 2012
Why wouldn't they be the best, when they are always beating the odds to bring quality programming. Kudos to Channels TV. They deserve it. See competition is good!
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by Lero15(m): 12:42pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sports & entertainment should be part of d criteria. Why award Channels dat does not broadcast any live football match or sport...not even any Nigerian match. If Channels improve on dat, then for me it wl b d best!
Re: ChannelsTV Is Nigeria’s Best Television Station For The Seventh Time. by Lero15(m): 12:44pm On Dec 10, 2012
For now, I'll go for AIT

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Site Can I Download Strike Back? / Supernatural Season 5 / Where To Download Latest Foreign Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.