Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year (28715 Views)

Between Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Lionel Messi Who Has Scored More Goals In All Times / Mikel Obi Has Scored More Goal Than Messi And Ronaldo In 2014 So Far / Messi Has Now Scored More Goals Than Any Player In The History Of Real Madrid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Cornel88(m): 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2012
Godfrey "UCAR" Chitalu was a Zambian footballer who holds a record Lionel Messi will never have. Chitalu scored and outrageous 107 goals in all competitions in a single season- a record that is still uninterrupted. Why is Godfrey Chitalu's record never recognised? One million dollar question.

Godfrey "UCAR" Chitalu (October 22, 1947 – April 27, 1993) was a Zambian footballer who is regarded as the greatest Zambian player ever and holds the national team goal-scoring record. Nicknamed 'Ucar', Chitalu was a forceful and often temperamental target man who was Zambian footballer of the year a record five times and in 1972 rewrote the record books by scoring 107 goals in all competitions in a single season.

Upon retirement, Chitalu took to coaching and was in charge of the Zambia national team when the entire squad perished in a plane crash off the coast of Gabon on April 27, 1993.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godfrey_Chitalu

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Amoscp: 3:04pm On Dec 10, 2012
Well, it tells U who the real racist, continentalist is: FIFA. They kept Muller's but the Zambian's unknown. But the mistake maybe from the recordlessness of Zambia and Africa

19 Likes

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Cornel88(m): 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2012
Amoscp: Well, it tells U who the real racist, continentalist is: FIFA. They kept Muller's but the Zambian's unknown. But the mistake maybe from the recordlessness of Zambia and Africa
You may be right Amos.
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Abujafood: 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
Is it only Chitalu, what about me, why have I also never been recognised?

3 Likes

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by honeric01(m): 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
Amoscp: Well, it tells U who the real racist, continentalist is: FIFA. They kept Muller's but the Zambian's unknown. But the mistake maybe from the recordlessness of Zambia and Africa

The problem here is that most of the 107 goals can't be verified or is there a way to verify these goals?

4 Likes

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Afam4eva(m): 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
I think it will be difficult for Fifa to investigate and keep track of the number of goals scored by someone in Africa.
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by etudaddy(m): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2012
african football matches are full of corruption, if not how can a club score 20 goals against its opponent in a single match?

3 Likes

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by kinnex(m): 3:51pm On Dec 10, 2012
etudaddy: african football matches are full of corruption if not how can a club score 20 goals against its opponent in a single match?

I wonder o!
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by redcliff: 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2012
The black man is still always second in everything..THE BLACK MAN!
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Afam4eva(m): 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2012
etudaddy: african football matches are full of corruption if not how can a club score 20 goals against its opponent in a single match?
lol grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2012
I scored more than 1,000 goals in one calendar year too ([s]Monkey post, during my primary school days[/s]) grin grin grin.

34 Likes

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by EmmyDe25(m): 3:53pm On Dec 10, 2012
Dnt mind FIFA.
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by born2boink(m): 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2012
Africa have no media to prove the result, even up the now, their media still not guarantee and critics shouldn't have mentioned score more than messi, why can't you people cried on Gerd Muller before messi break the records, I knew either Ronaldo fans or chelsea fans are behind this! They should go shut+up....

1 Like

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by siaindeed: 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2012
My guy, don't worry abt Godfrey Chitalu's unrecognised unprecedented goals' record, it will be set by Messi once FIFA has officially recognised it. Shikene!!! sadMy guy, don't worry abt Godfrey Chitalu's unrecognised unprecedented goals' record, it will be set by Messi once FIFA has officially recognised it. Shikene!!!
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by tellwisdom: 3:56pm On Dec 10, 2012
Who be chikala again?? sadsad

1 Like

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by paranod123(m): 3:58pm On Dec 10, 2012
Re Read what you post dude he only score 107 in single season not year calender full season always LAPS A YEAR CALENDER SEASON END THE SECOND YEAR

1 Like

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by manosteel(m): 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2012
If he was that good, how come his name is not popular, and how come many of us don't know about him. Looking at the picture, i guess the big star as you would want us to believe was playing in an empty stadium. If i may ask, where did he score his goals? UEFA? Premiership? Laliga? Because it is very easy for one to stay in his village and scores 1000 goals, Infact it is not even equivalent to one goal in Laliga or UEFA.

1 Like

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by demelza: 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2012
born2fuck: Africa have no media to prove the result, even up the now, their media still not guarantee and critics shouldn't have mentioned score more than messi, why can't you people cried on Gerd Muller before messi break the records, I knew either Ronaldo fans or chelsea fans are behind this! They should go shut+up....
If some of you no mention Chelsea for one day, even in a post that has nothing to do with the club, una body no fit come down.
Pray wetin concern Chelsea with this post??

12 Likes

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by xandy84: 4:02pm On Dec 10, 2012
Guy, forget racist... Africa is known for scam and match fixing.... How would you judge a team scoring 25 goals in a last match of the season when the total tally of the goals score by the same team for the whole season is less than 20...? Africa football is yahoo yahoo league just like Nigerian league now

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Jarus(m): 4:02pm On Dec 10, 2012
Every weekend i score an average of 2 goals. In the last 50 weeks of 2012 alone i have scored more than 100 goals. Don't ask me whether it's monkey post o

1 Like

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Afam4eva(m): 4:04pm On Dec 10, 2012
born2fuck: Africa have no media to prove the result, even up the now, their media still not guarantee and critics shouldn't have mentioned score more than messi, why can't you people cried on Gerd Muller before messi break the records, I knew either Ronaldo fans or chelsea fans are behind this! They should go shut+up....
I think it's chelsea fans that are behind it. They're enemies of progress.

1 Like

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:04pm On Dec 10, 2012
Ehn! Ehn! How I wish this record is recognised by FIFA. Who go break am? Definitely not Lionel Messi.

Ok, maybe Thiago Messi (Messi's Pikin).
But kudos to Messi for breaking Mullers record. Just hope that he's not using drugs.

1 Like

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by ssainty(m): 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2012
[quote
author=Richfella]I scored more than 1,000 goals in one calendar year
too ([s]Monkey post, during my primary school days[/s]) grin grin
grin.[/quote]
guy na for forest u dey play ur own ball na..
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Hailedin9ja: 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2012
african football matches are full of corruption, if not how can a club score 20 goals against its opponent in a single match?

grin

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Naijapikin1: 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
Even if they (FIFA) knew,they would have ignored the record. Am an arsenal fan,but i believe that didier drogba should be among those vying for the ballon d‘or. Just look at the list. Iniesta and messi that didnt lift a trophy last season, and ronaldo who won the la liga. Can u compare this to the champions league?. Its just absolute rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2012
Aint supporting the white,but Africa football sucks,no record keeping,poor coverage,corruption of the highest order,etc. The record can't be verified joor.

2 Likes

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by dridowu: 4:11pm On Dec 10, 2012
So gr8 but d body only recognise MESSI
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Hadeyeancah(m): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
etudaddy: african football matches are full of corruption, if not how can a club score 20 goals against its opponent in a single match?
Mind u Archie Thompson scored
13 goals for AUSTRALIA
against AMERICAN SAMOA
during the 2002 FIFA
World Cup qualifiers at
Coffs Harbour, Australia on
11 April 2001. AUSTRALIA
won the match 31-0 which
is the biggest scoreline in
international football. What can u say about that one dude?
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by pressongodsay(m): 4:16pm On Dec 10, 2012
paranod123: Re Read what you post dude he only score 107 in single season not year calender full season always LAPS A YEAR CALENDER SEASON END THE SECOND YEAR
thank you, he does not atually know the record messi just break and create, he just knows that messi just set a new record.
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by hardbody: 4:16pm On Dec 10, 2012
This is why i always route for Heartland footbal club and sometimes Enyimba football club. At least we sabi say na we dey take our hand dey do we self when the result don enter 25 - 0.

All those una arsenal, man u, man city, gbogbo ero gbogbo ero, i no send them papa
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by highlandre(m): 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2012
That's one of the disadvantages of the underdevelopment of African countries: poor record-keeping and all. Some are already blaming FIFA smh....Our problem in Africa is that we always want to blame others for our woes even when we are the real architect.
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by DisGuy: 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2012
almost every year now, our very own NFF/NPL and journalist are always arguing how many goals a particular player score;

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Messi's Sensational Goal Against Benfica Named UCL 22/23 Goal Of The Season / Asisat Oshoala Shares Throwback Photo / Ronaldo Scores 2 Penalties As Juventus Come From Behind To Draw Atalanta At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.