Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,329 members, 7,826,307 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Re: We Remember Differently By S. Kadiri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: We Remember Differently By S. Kadiri (2685 Views)

The Happy Thief & The Unhappy Thief Fight Differently By Pius Adesanmi. / Awo Vs Achebe...we Saw Differently By Adichie / Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: We Remember Differently By S. Kadiri by 9javoice1(m): 4:50am On Dec 12, 2012
Q: Why are the yoruba's denying fighting the war and same time saying they fight the war?
A: it is genetic in them not to be realistic.
how can you fight a war and win and deny fighting when the war crimes you commit came to light. how else do you win.

Q: IS the reason Zik refuse working with Awo?
A: Awo/yorubas has made it difficult for people to trust them.
what if zik worked with Awo and they fail, don't you see Awo distancing himself from Zik and swear never worked with Zik.
Re: Re: We Remember Differently By S. Kadiri by 9javoice1(m): 4:58am On Dec 12, 2012
anyway i like the way igbo elites keep mute of the whole situation.

it show maturity and focus.

when you said a person is mad, and he go on taking off his cloths and screaming breaking things in the name of fighting you,
then the initial assertion is right that guy is mad.

the north are not denying fighting the war nor commiting war crimes.
they accepts it and tell you the reason is to keep the nation intact.

1 Like

Re: Re: We Remember Differently By S. Kadiri by sweetgala(m): 1:42am On Dec 13, 2012
It's a pity that with all the facts put forward here? Igbo folk still retort to throwing mud and insult. It had been revealed the efforts of Awo to threat even his enemies fairly as best he could where he should have avenged their crimes against him.

It seems as thou Zik,Achebe et all where afraid and very careful to align with Awolowo a man more intelligent than them for fear of an outright Yoruba domination.
The improvements Awo influenced in the west are phenomenal and show a man dedicated to the advancement of Yoruba tribe in his care, if given the chance he might have done same for Nigeria.

This piece together with achebe's further confirm the genius and legend of the great AWO of Africa, and reveals achebe to be a petite shameless poet trying to taint the image of a great man.

I really paid attention when I saw my grandfathers name in the first phrase was gearing for war if someone slings mud at he family name. angry angry
Re: Re: We Remember Differently By S. Kadiri by bushwailo: 2:19am On Dec 13, 2012
sweet_gala: It's a pity that with all the facts put forward here? Igbo folk still retort to throwing mud and insult. It had been revealed the efforts of Awo to threat even his enemies fairly as best he could where he should have avenged their crimes against him.

It seems as thou Zik,Achebe et all where afraid and very careful to align with Awolowo a man more intelligent than them for fear of an outright Yoruba domination.
The improvements Awo influenced in the west are phenomenal and show a man dedicated to the advancement of Yoruba tribe in his care, if given the chance he might have done same for Nigeria.

This piece together with achebe's further confirm the genius and legend of the great AWO of Africa, and reveals achebe to be a petite shameless poet trying to taint the image of a great man.

I really paid attention when I saw my grandfathers name in the first phrase was gearing for war if someone slings mud at he family name. angry angry
Stop making up this image of Awo.
Asari Dokubo called him a Devil !
And now Achebe calls him a war criminal.

Address the issue on ground and stop beating around the bush.
Re: Re: We Remember Differently By S. Kadiri by sweetgala(m): 2:43am On Dec 13, 2012
bushwailo:

what issue. Igbo people have benefitted from the Yoruba indifference and you all still spit in our faces. Ungrateful cowardly bunch.
Re: Re: We Remember Differently By S. Kadiri by bushwailo: 2:57am On Dec 13, 2012
I don't think anyone has issues with Yorubas , they have issues with Awolowo

That can't be too hard undecided
Re: Re: We Remember Differently By S. Kadiri by Xfactoria: 6:09am On Dec 13, 2012
bushwailo:

When was Asari Dokubo born? So that criminal element is now your own opinion leader? I can now understand how your brain is compactmentalized. No need to argue with you.

1 Like

Re: Re: We Remember Differently By S. Kadiri by Xfactoria: 6:17am On Dec 13, 2012
bushwailo: I don't think anyone has issues with Yorubas , they have issues with Awolowo

That can't be too hard undecided

And the issues against Awolowo were unfounded. The author of this piece showed that clearly with facts well researched. Ojukwu and Zik didn't lose a dime of their investments under the jurisdiction of Awolowo. Those are facts. Awolowo had his chance to decimate Zik and ruin him for good but he chose to play fair. These are also facts.

All you igbos do is to rain insults on anyone who comes with superior arguments and facts. Even when it was Osuji, an igbo historian who first disproved Achebe's sentiments years ago, his hardened kinsmen disowned him.

Even when it has been proven that the Igbos were beaten in their game to usurp authority over everyone in Nigeria in the years following independence, you would still not be ready to rid yourselves on anger and heart attacks. Na wa for this people o!!!!!!!
Re: Re: We Remember Differently By S. Kadiri by bushwailo: 11:20am On Dec 13, 2012
^^^^
You're just like Kadiri. undecided
What caused all this noise is that Achebe claimed that Awo advocated the use of starvation as war strategy.
Which lead to the death of millions of non-combatant women and children.

Something which Adichie cited.
This was never about the 20 pounds policy or impoverishment after the war.

As far as i am concerned Igbos have recovered from that long ago.
But those innocent lost lives will never be recovered.
Re: Re: We Remember Differently By S. Kadiri by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 13, 2012
Whoa! - interesting/excellent write-up...

The real history of Nigeria... cool
Re: Re: We Remember Differently By S. Kadiri by Uchek(m): 12:45am On Feb 04, 2022
Totally agreewith you!

9javoice1:
There was a country is a book writen by great Prof Chinua Achebe, a personal account on biafran nigeria war .

the response:
1- too many yoruba's (elites, fools, chiefs, almajiri's, politicians and agbero's) has reponded to the book.
and they will not stop responding till next 3 yrs.

2- few northerners respond to it.
3- very few igbo's respond to it.

question: why were the yoruba's going gaga every week in media and dailies responding to that (bomb)truth?
answer: because the name awolowo and yoruba appered in the said book.

Q: what is realy the point yorubas are making, are they involved in the war or not?
A: if you say they are involved and play a major role, yorubas will deny it and swear with blood of their great grand fathers,
if you say they were not involved, yoruba's will troop to media houses and buy megaphone and shouts how involved they are and major roles they play.
www.osundefender.org/?p=35997 and see as FFK and Alhaji Usman Faruk in war of words about who win the war.

Q: can we trust people who always go with "yes and no" "i will and i will not" same time?
A: nobody will trust such a man it wont take long for his new friend to find out who he is and dump him for a better patner.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola And Pastor Adeboye At Annual Lagos State's Thanksgiving. Pics / Boko Haram Revealed Why They Didn't Kill Obasanjo / APC Has Fraudulent Members. Ikimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.