Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,274 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers (3663 Views)

Saraki’s Travail: Buhari’s Connection, Tinubu’s Input - VANGUARD / Okada Ban: Motorcycle Dealers Nationwide To Cast Protest Votes / GEJ Directs Road Repair Work Nationwide To Be Top Priority (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by nameo: 4:07am On Dec 11, 2012
The Federal Government on Friday unveiled its One-Stop Shop Agro-Input Centre to ensure the availability of agriculture inputs for farmers.

The Minister of State for Agriculture, Bukar Tijani, who inaugurated the centre located in Wushishi, Niger State, said the move would help to guarantee the accessibility and affordability of agricultural inputs for farmers in the country.

He said that about 62 of such centres were also ready for inauguration, adding that the Federal Government was committed to removing every impediments to the availability of agriculture inputs.

He said, “The centre was constructed by the Federal Government for the purpose of ensuring the availability, accessibility and affordability of agriculture inputs, such as fertiliser, agro chemicals, quality seed and livestock.

“The task of making food available, affordable and accessible to all Nigerians through promotion of food security programmes has been the major focus of the Federal Government.

“The ministry is very much mindful of the serious impediment of inaccessibility of good quality agriculture inputs, such as fertiliser, agro-chemicals, seeds and seedlings, livestock feeds, primary processing and extension services by farmers in a bid to maximise aggregate agricultural production output for the nation.”

The minister said the impediment as well as the preparedness of the government to withdraw from direct procurement and distribution of all agricultural inputs informed the decision to propose the establishment of the agro-input centre in each local government area.

“The centres would strengthen the food security programme of the government and they are aimed at providing market information services and promote private sector investment in viable commercial agriculture,” he added.

Also speaking at the event, Niger State Governor, Dr. Babangida Aliyu, commended the FG for its immediate intervention by distributing relief materials to flood victims in the state.

Aliyu, who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Daniel Shasheri, said plans were ongoing to partner the Bank of Industry to finance about 5, 000 farming projects.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-unveils-agro-input-centre-to-boost-food-production/

1 Like

Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by nameo: 4:14am On Dec 11, 2012
This new Minister of Agric seem to know what to do and how to do it. He was the one that reformed the distribution of fertilizers.

I found this link rather informative:

http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=investing%20in%20nigeria%E2%80%99s%20agricultural%20value%20chains&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CFAQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newworldnigeria.com%2Fpdf%2FAdesinaLondonBOIForumfinal.pdf&ei=SaTGUJuhFcS3hQe1oYCIDg&usg=AFQjCNG6v3-hX81L10WXDwiMr2BK_vX9Qw

1 Like

Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by Nobody: 5:00am On Dec 11, 2012
I hope the moderator understands that this reports deserves to be on the front page. This report did not say 'we will', rather it said 'we have' built... From 2013 and beyond, we'll read many more reports of 'we have' done this or that on the side of the FG. GEJ is a man of VERY FEW words, who is not given to political dramatics but FULL OF ACTION. The Lagos-Kano train is set to take off. Those who ply that route are the greatest beneficiary of the transformation agenda. They will spend less and avoid the accident prone highways. When they leave Lagos for Kano or Kano for Lagos, their family members will be 99% sure, they'll arrive safely. The lives of many bread winners will be spared and life expectancy will improve. Ditto with other rail line corridors as they come on stream. If this is not transformation, then what is it? Slow but steady wins the race

5 Likes

Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by ignis: 8:28am On Dec 11, 2012
The transformation agenda is in progress.
God bless GEJ
God bless Nairaland
God bless Nigeria.
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 11, 2012
Kudos to the Agric minister.

Its over to Madam Stella Oduah to ensure that the airport remodelling/construction of 5 new international terminals comes to fruition in late 2014/ early 2015.

2 Likes

Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by valdubem(m): 8:40am On Dec 11, 2012
The youths re tired of this their Agric policy. They expect us to go to the village and establish ourselves as farmers? Abeg make them establish funds that can be easily accessible by young and enterprising enterpreneurs. Enough of this their Useless Agric Nonsense
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 11, 2012
P R O P A G A N D U M. NOISE MAKING GOVERNMENT. Thats what we hear everyday. Government has done this,government has done that with nothing to show for it. PRIVATISATION OF PHCN has come and gone with all the drama and bruhaha. Power distributn worse than before. The so called benefits of subsidy;jobs and the likes has gone to thin air. This gvt is just visionless,dull,corrupt,incompetent and wicked. Now agric,we all know where the so called inputs wil go to. Inside the house of party members who wil sell them to farmers at unafordable prices. Where are the farmers in the country? What notable efforts has been made 2 take youth to farm? Pls dnt mention the kwara farm cos we all knw dat the output goes to the politician's house. In 9ja,exept lagos,ogun etc who have governors that ensure projects are implemented,when it comes to implementatn,we have ZERO

1 Like

Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by Kaxmytex(m): 8:40am On Dec 11, 2012
gud muv.....We shld nt depend only on oil&gas
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by kellystech(m): 8:46am On Dec 11, 2012
Bravo! This is the kind of news we wanna hear, not everytime pictures of Tonto dike

*searching for thread of Tonto dike* grin
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by sayso: 8:51am On Dec 11, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: I hope the moderator understands that this reports deserves to be on the front page. This report did not say 'we will', rather it said 'we have' built... From 2013 and beyond, we'll read many more reports of 'we have' done this or that on the side of the FG. GEJ is a man of VERY FEW words, who is not given to political dramatics but FULL OF ACTION. The Lagos-Kano train is set to take off. Those who ply that route are the greatest beneficiary of the transformation agenda. They will spend less and avoid the accident prone highways. When they leave Lagos for Kano or Kano for Lagos, their family members will be 99% sure, they'll arrive safely. The lives of many bread winners will be spared and life expectancy will improve. Ditto with other rail line corridors as they come on stream. If this is not transformation, then what is it? Slow but steady wins the race

I hope the Chinese did not built that rail line? Just wondering the strength of materials as per the 99% surety you just mentioned.
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 11, 2012
sayso:

I hope the Chinese did not built that rail line? Just wondering the strength of materials as per the 99% surety you just mentioned.

I would say Chinese engineering is up there with that of Japan and Germany.
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by buzor(m): 8:54am On Dec 11, 2012
Pls how old are u?
Cos u just spoke like my 9 year old nephew!

val_dubem: The youths re tired of this their Agric policy. They expect us to go to the village and establish ourselves as farmers? Abeg make them establish funds that can be easily accessible by young and enterprising enterpreneurs. Enough of this their Useless Agric Nonsense

1 Like

Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by omojesu123: 8:56am On Dec 11, 2012
val_dubem: The youths re tired of this their Agric policy. They expect us to go to the village and establish ourselves as farmers? Abeg make them establish funds that can be easily accessible by young and enterprising enterpreneurs. Enough of this their Useless Agric Nonsense
..lazy poor man like u..keep say rubbish..u shall remain poor...GOD BLESS GEJ
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by buzor(m): 8:59am On Dec 11, 2012
I commend d agric minister for a job well done and as well for d ones he's going to do. I listened to d minister once on a TV program. And I must confess that d minister is among d few intelligent and articulate persons in Gejs cabinet.
Well done once again!

1 Like

Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by mamaafrik(m): 9:04am On Dec 11, 2012
nameo:
This new Minister of Agric seem to know what to do and how to do it. He was the one that reformed the distribution of fertilizers.
I found this link rather informative:
http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=investing%20in%20nigeria%E2%80%99s%20agricultural%20value%20chains&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CFAQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newworldnigeria.com%2Fpdf%2FAdesinaLondonBOIForumfinal.pdf&ei=SaTGUJuhFcS3hQe1oYCIDg&usg=AFQjCNG6v3-hX81L10WXDwiMr2BK_vX9Qw
ore, is adeshina not d agric. Minister anymore?
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by salolo(m): 9:10am On Dec 11, 2012
grin grin grin how many will that employ?
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by rickross2: 9:20am On Dec 11, 2012
Good news.
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by Maxymilliano(m): 9:27am On Dec 11, 2012
This is a commendable effort coming from the ministry, saw the Agric minister, Adewunmi Adesina on a live program on Channels TV few weeks ago and the fine dude won my admiration as he seems to know his onions regarding most of the strategic moves he articulated during the interview.
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by valdubem(m): 9:32am On Dec 11, 2012
omojesu123: ..lazy poor man like u..keep say rubbish..u shall remain poor...GOD BLESS GEJ

May Amadioha scatter ur mouth with rabbies and thunder. I am a million times better than you; that I know for sure. What I also knw is that you re a BIG Eediot
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by Noblechyk: 9:52am On Dec 11, 2012
I am ashamed u said this.
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by Ikanium(m): 9:55am On Dec 11, 2012
My name is Stephen Ikani i stay in
kaduna northern part of Nigeria am
from a family of 11 and am the
fourth born, my dad is old and has
no job, my mom is a trader she
trades on perishable goods which
are of little yield my three elder
sisters are all married to men who
somtimes even come to our homes
for food smh!! my siblings all
attend government schools and
they all depend on me for clothing,
food and shelter.... I work my
Bottom off daily doin mini jobs at
were ever i could find one. After a
day's job i give the returns to my
mom which she utilise for our
feeding, life is so hard that
sometimes i wish i was not here
hmmmm!! All along i depend on
God for He is up above us all there
watching. Sorry to bore you guys
with my unending tales, i had
struggled to complete my O' level
result and God in his mercy has
offered me admition into Kogi State
University.... But brethren i don't
have money for feeding, my family
directly depends on me i have
nothing, i have used my little
savings to print my admition letter
and do other things, but guys the
school fee which if not paid will be
closed by the 17th of this month is
the big problem here my heart is
beating very fast as i write this i
don't know what else to do as i
have run helter skelter, north to
south, east to west in search of
whom to help but i havn't found
any. God has created us all not
equal He has placed some in high
positions for we are all not equal as
our fingers are not... I am writing
this today with the mind that God
who has given me this admition is
still faithfull to give me the school
fee... Are you in any position to
help? Do u know that your 1000,
500 contribution can save lives?
God has bless you with what you
have now and He in heaven will
want you to give, Give and it shall
be given unto you.. Don't see this
post and just past by contribute to
this humane calling and see how
God will bless you... THANK YOU...
ACCOUNT NO: 0023694861
ACCOUNT NAME: MOMOH SAMSON
BANK: GT BANK God Bless you
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 11, 2012
val_dubem:

May Amadioha scatter ur mouth with rabbies and thunder. I am a million times better than you; that I know for sure. What I also knw is that you re a BIG Eediot
I've noticed one common trend among the anti-GEJ ZEALOTS. They'r almost always curse and abuse those who hold opinions that are contrary to theirs. There comments almost always has a violent tone. Why can't these ZEALOTS accept the fact that everyone cannot hold the same opinion? Why do these mischief makers feel they can force their views down the throat of others? Are these people acting this way because of the stipends they get from opposition parties or political positions they anticipate if their candidates gets elected to Aso Rock? I appeal to these ZEALOTS to air their opinion and allow others air theirs too. Is it too much to ask for?
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by Ozonna(m): 10:03am On Dec 11, 2012
sayso:

Just came into Enugu few weeks ago and i went with my cousin to a rail line construction site. The company handling the construction is ESSER a Turkish company and we asked some Nigerian Railway personel about the quality of the the work, their reply was that FG should have awarded the contract to the chinese because teh quality of work by the Turks are nothing to write home about. That the quality of Chinese work on our rail lines are high. Meanwhile i now believe the rail reconstuction stories that nlander tahaqa usually sings to us here because my cousin is a contractor and he confirmed to me that FG will reconstruct most of our existing rail lines on and before 2015

@ OP,i have a feeling that this Minister Of Agric will by 2015 be the best Agric Minister we've ever had. Kudos to him

1 Like

Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by ypzilanti: 10:06am On Dec 11, 2012
buzor: I commend d agric minister for a job well done and as well for d ones he's going to do. I listened to d minister once on a TV program. And I must confess that d minister is among d few intelligent and articulate persons in Gejs cabinet.
Well done once again!

They will soon sack him. GEJ's government is like Arsenal football club. If you perform too much, you are out by next season.
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by karlmax2: 10:16am On Dec 11, 2012
Ozonna:

Just came into Enugu few weeks ago and i went with my cousin to a rail line construction site. The company handling the construction is ESSER a Turkish company and we asked some Nigerian Railway personel about the quality of the the work, their reply was that FG should have awarded the contract to the chinese because teh quality of work by the Turks are nothing to write home about. That the quality of Chinese work on our rail lines are high. Meanwhile i now believe the rail reconstuction stories that nlander tahaqa usually sings to us here because my cousin is a contractor and he confirmed to me that FG will reconstruct most of our existing rail lines on and before 2015

@ OP,i have a feeling that this Minister Of Agric will by 2015 be the best Agric Minister we've ever had. Kudos to him
thank God that u can see what tahaqa and a lot of us has been preaching about the massive work this administration is carrying out to fix this rot called nigeria! Ive said it and I would say it again. a lot of fools on nairaland would hide there heads in shame come 2015!! Shameless hypocrites have taken over nairaland they think everybody is paid like them to carry out foolish propoganda and lies.posterity would judge all this set of people who would do anything to bring down this government.BUT the truth would always come to light just like u confessed now cos am sure ur one of those who called tahaqa and some otheR objective minds on this forum paid government agent when we were telling u about all this projects going on

2 Likes

Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by valdubem(m): 10:22am On Dec 11, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
I've noticed one common trend among the anti-GEJ ZEALOTS. They'r almost always curse and abuse those who hold opinions that are contrary to theirs. There comments almost always has a violent tone. Why can't these ZEALOTS accept the fact that everyone cannot hold the same opinion? Why do these mischief makers feel they can force their views down the throat of others? Are these people acting this way because of the stipends they get from opposition parties or political positions they anticipate if their candidates gets elected to Aso Rock? I appeal to these ZEALOTS to air their opinion and allow others air theirs too. Is it too much to ask for?

sincere Nigerian, I am not anti-Gej. I am Pro-Gej. That I dont buy into most of his policies dosent make me an anti-Gej. That guy that quoted my first comment in this thread pushed this too far.

Hw is the day going my brother?
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by Guk: 10:26am On Dec 11, 2012
nameo:

The Federal Government on Friday unveiled its One-Stop Shop Agro-Input Centre to ensure the availability of agriculture inputs for farmers.

The Minister of State for Agriculture, Bukar Tijani, who inaugurated the centre located in Wushishi, Niger State, said the move would help to guarantee the accessibility and affordability of agricultural inputs for farmers in the country.

He said that about 62 of such centres were also ready for inauguration, adding that the Federal Government was committed to removing every impediments to the availability of agriculture inputs.

He said, “The centre was constructed by the Federal Government for the purpose of ensuring the availability, accessibility and affordability of agriculture inputs, such as fertiliser, agro chemicals, quality seed and livestock.

“The task of making food available, affordable and accessible to all Nigerians through promotion of food security programmes has been the major focus of the Federal Government.

“The ministry is very much mindful of the serious impediment of inaccessibility of good quality agriculture inputs, such as fertiliser, agro-chemicals, seeds and seedlings, livestock feeds, primary processing and extension services by farmers in a bid to maximise aggregate agricultural production output for the nation.”

The minister said the impediment as well as the preparedness of the government to withdraw from direct procurement and distribution of all agricultural inputs informed the decision to propose the establishment of the agro-input centre in each local government area.

“The centres would strengthen the food security programme of the government and they are aimed at providing market information services and promote private sector investment in viable commercial agriculture,” he added.

Also speaking at the event, Niger State Governor, Dr. Babangida Aliyu, commended the FG for its immediate intervention by distributing relief materials to flood victims in the state.

Aliyu, who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Daniel Shasheri, said plans were ongoing to partner the Bank of Industry to finance about 5, 000 farming projects.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-unveils-agro-input-centre-to-boost-food-production/

First things first, we need to separate professionals who are Ministers from Politicians who are ministers. 3 of the professionals that readily come to mind are the Minister of Agric; Minister of ICT and Minister of Finance (there might be a few more.
The Politician Minister are the Oduahs; the Makus; the Education Minister and such like.

The politician ministers play to the gallery and are just full of hot air! Never believe what they say, its all laced with sychophancy!

The professionals who are ministers, if i may borrow from GEJ, "dont give a damn!!!!" If GEJ fires Min of Agric or Min of ICT or Min of Finance today, you will find them in better employment tommorrow.

2ndly, GEJ does not see them as threats, so he shines through their works and actions and those ones just go ahead and perform. We all know GEJ's decision making abilities are very suspect and elementary, we shall bear with him till 2015 and pray that a real leader emerges for Nigeria in 2015. The present crop, including those in the National Assembly are just a bunch of looters...pure and simple

1 Like

Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by ypzilanti: 10:42am On Dec 11, 2012
Guk:

First things first, we need to separate professionals who are Ministers from Politicians who are ministers. 3 of the professionals that readily come to mind are the Minister of Agric; Minister of ICT and Minister of Finance (there might be a few more.
The Politician Minister are the Oduahs; the Makus; the Education Minister and such like.

The politician ministers play to the gallery and are just full of hot air! Never believe what they say, its all laced with sychophancy!

The professionals who are ministers, if i may borrow from GEJ, "dont give a damn!!!!" If GEJ fires Min of Agric or Min of ICT or Min of Finance today, you will find them in better employment tommorrow.

2ndly, GEJ does not see them as threats, so he shines through their works and actions and those ones just go ahead and perform. We all know GEJ's decision making abilities are very suspect and elementary, we shall bear with him till 2015 and pray that a real leader emerges for Nigeria in 2015. The present crop, including those in the National Assembly are just a bunch of looters...pure and simple

Very well spoken. 4 technocrats from over 40 ministers and ministers of state. I say five adding aganga, and removing Barth Nnaji who was sacked. These guys are the only ones with the capacity to perform. By capacity, I mean that they are intelligent enough, and sophisticated enough to know and implement policy.

We are even doing better than before and picking competent people for some key sectors...there was a time Nigeria had people like Adamu Ciroma and one Ahmed guy as central bank governors. we have gradually started understanding that some key secors need experts. The one place that is still traded to political settlement that should bot be so is MINISTER OF WORKS... People that have shown capacity to deliver on projects like Donald Duke or a reknowned civil engineer should be given that job.

1 Like

Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 11, 2012
val_dubem:

sincere Nigerian, I am not anti-Gej. I am Pro-Gej. That I dont buy into most of his policies dosent make me an anti-Gej. That guy that quoted my first comment in this thread pushed this too far.

Hw is the day going my brother?
Well, good to hear that. Anyway, I'm doing great. For the first time since Nnaji was sacked, I had public power supply for over 24hrs, no blink, in my area. In the last few weeks, we'v had power supply for an average of 20hrs per day. For me these are small positive signs, especially taking into consideration the fact that this is dry season. Have a nice day.
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by salolo(m): 1:23pm On Dec 11, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by dosibuch(m): 5:45pm On Dec 11, 2012

some times i wonder hw some brains work. So if a youth decides 2establish a farm as his primary source of livelyhood, then he is nt an entrepreneur.......mtchewwww
Re: FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers by tony4244(m): 8:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
THE BEST MINISTERS GOODLUCK HAS PRODUCED ARE THE MINISTERS OF AGRICULTURE AND POWER (NNAJI). THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT HAVE MATCHED WORDS WITH ACTIONS WE CAN SEE. MINISTER OF PETROLEUM SHOULD JOIN THE LIST IF SHE CAN GET THE PIB BILL SIGN BY SENATE. WE NEED MORE MINISTERS LIKE THIS AGRIC ONE WHO SHOWS WORKING.. ALWAYS ACTION ACTION!!!!!! like Man U..lol[size=8pt][/size][color=#000099][/color]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Buhari Handsomely Rewards Eaglets For Wining Gold / Brain Task: Find The Mother In This Photo Of A Mother And Her Twin Daughters / Dogara Donates Malaria Prevention To IDP Camp In Area1, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.