Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,029 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? (14164 Views)

Muslim Dressed As 'Santa Claus' In Sokoto Praying (photo) / What Is The Connection Between Jesus And Zeus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:51am On Dec 13, 2012
Oahray: #smh. Its different when we tell them its a celebration of christ, tell them God hates lies, then turn around and teach them to believe lies and spread it.
Makes no bit of sense.
mayb it is time to stop telling ur children lies abt santa! Wen i was young i already knew d a person from d neigbourhood would be santa! We usually come back home and have a good laugh since every year sum mischievious children will pull santa's beard and disgrace him.
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:56am On Dec 13, 2012
obadiah777: YOU DO ERR. IT IS IN THE BIBLE ABOUT XMAS CELEBRATION AND XMAS TREE. THIS WAS WRITTEN BY JEREMIAH ABOUT THE HEATHENS, WHICH THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE WAS THE EMPIRE IN CHARGE OF THE WORLD WHEN JEREMIAH WROTE HIS PART OF THE BIBLE, AND WASNT NO GENTILE EMPIRE BEFORE THAT. THE ANCIENT BABYLONIAN EMPIRE WAS THE FIRST GENTILE EMPIRE. SO OF COURSE JEREMIAH WAS SPEAKING ABOUT NIMROD

XMAS TREE >>>>>> JEREMIAH 10 VS 2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.
<<<< XMAS TREE IN THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE <<<< THIS SHYTTT GO WAY BACK
obadiah ur jumping skills has kicked in!! I asked u to prove d romans had a pagan festival in rome around 1ad to 2ad b4 d xtian xmas, u just jumped to xmax tree! Guy ansa my question jor!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by ijawkid(m): 10:59am On Dec 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: mayb it is time to stop telling ur children lies abt santa! Wen i was young i already knew d a person from d neigbourhood would be santa! We usually come back home and have a good laugh since every year sum mischievious children will pull santa's beard and disgrace him.

You have to start telling your kids that the xmas celebration is a HOAX and that Jesus wasn't born on dec 25th and that santa is has no relationship with Jesus......be truthful to and honest with your kids.......
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:00am On Dec 13, 2012
booqee: wtf?! Did u really have to quote the whole thing?! Damn! undecided
i didnt want to, i just didnt want to leave out d parts i agree wit
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:02am On Dec 13, 2012
ijawkid:

You have to start telling your kids that the xmas celebration is a HOAX and that Jesus wasn't born on dec 25th and that santa is has no relationship with Jesus......be truthful to and honest with your kids.......

i dont see it as such. How ya dey?
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: obadiah ur jumping skills has kicked in!! I asked u to prove d romans had a pagan festival in rome around 1ad to 2ad b4 d xtian xmas, u just jumped to xmax tree! Guy ansa my question jor!
IF YOU KNOW HISTORY AND THE BIBLE THEN YOU KNOW THE ANCIENT ROMAN EMPIRE UNDER THE EDOMITES ( NOT THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE WHICH IS THE ROMAN EMPIRE THAT GOT USHERED IN BY SEPTEMIUS SEVERUS, A BLACK ROMAN GENERAL, AN ISRAELITE, THE 1000 YEAR REIGN OF CHRIST IN HEAVEN ( WHICH THE ROMAN EMPIRE WAS HEAVEN THEN )). THE PROVERBIAL 2 CANDLESTICKS BEFORE THE KING OF THE WORLD. <<<< HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE. HOWEVER THE ROMAN EMPIRE UNDER THE EDOMITES WAS A PAGAN EMPIRE UP UNTIL 185 AD. SO THE TRADITIONS WERE PAGAN. CANT PROVIDE YOU WITH PROOF. HOWEVER >>>> GOOGLE IS YA FRIEND wink
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:03am On Dec 13, 2012
Timflex: Some people might want to feel indifferent...how can a church which advocates for christmas be the right one?..for e.g if u had a glass of water..and its 20% poison and 80% water..would you drink it?Note:falsehood no matter how small can never mix with "good" and still be termed as good. Think about that..the true religion must base its entire teaching on the bible giving no room for compromise not even 1%....thats the honest truth..christmas does not in anyway reflect christlike qualities..instead atrocities of the greatest nature are committed on that day...even pope john paul said when he was alive that christmas is not biblical.so you can imagine..tnx be to Jehovah by means of his spirit directed organisation for showing me the truth..*its funny when people see the truth and engage in self-deceit*the right thing is always the right thing to do no two ways..bad is bad
u wanna provide d johnpaul link?
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:07am On Dec 13, 2012
majosh:
Both are based on PAGAN TRADITIONS.
st nic na pagan tradition abi. Atleast try and be objective.
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by bbporsche: 11:25am On Dec 13, 2012
people it is CHRISTMAS not Xmas angry angry angry angry

Don't cancel Christ out of Christmas!

@op; hapu dat thing and always remember that Jesus is the reason for the season not even santa claus
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by ijawkid(m): 11:46am On Dec 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: i dont see it as such. How ya dey?

My brother I dey o.....I just dey try round up with this NYSC wahala.........how u dey na??...how your people??
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:38pm On Dec 13, 2012
bbporsche: people it is CHRISTMAS not Xmas angry angry angry angry

Don't cancel Christ out of Christmas!

@op; hapu dat thing and always remember that Jesus is the reason for the season not even santa claus
i also write christian as xtian, that doesn't mean im removing anybody, it is called short hand. Nobody is removing christ from d mass, simply writting in a way that won't ache my fingers
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:40pm On Dec 13, 2012
ijawkid:

My brother I dey o.....I just dey try round up with this NYSC wahala.........how u dey na??...how your people??
mi and mi people dey wella, i hear say dem don pay una coppers, oya begin send my share come now now.
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by ijawkid(m): 2:52pm On Dec 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: mi and mi people dey wella, i hear say dem don pay una coppers, oya begin send my share come now now.

Lol..money wey don almost finish..I don tire for the service sef..na u suppose send me money sef..grin
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by beethomas: 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
AKA Santa Claus

From the 19th century: Thomas Nast's vision of old Saint Nick.

Every December 24th millions of people are visited by a short, fat guy in a red suit. Where did he come from, why does he do it, and how does he accomplish this seemingly impossible task?

Santa Claus... Kris Kringle...Old Saint Nick... We see him on advertising posters, in parades, at departments stores...who is this guy and why does he have so many aliases? Well, the original St. Nicholas lived in southwestern Turkey in the 4th century. As the bishop of Myra he was credited with doing a number of miracles involving sailors and children. After his death this led him to become the patron saint of both groups as well as for unmarried girls. As a saint he was given his own "feast day" that was celebrated on December 6th.

At about the same time Nicholas lived, Pope Julius I decided to establish a date for the celebration of the birth of Jesus. As the actual time of year for this event was unknown, the Pope decided to assign the holiday to December 25th. There had long been a pagan midwinter festival at this time of year and the Pope hoped to use the holiday to christianize the celebrations.

Eventually, Saint Nicholas's feast day also became associated with December 25th and his connection with Christmas was established. A tradition developed that he would supposedly visit homes on Christmas Eve and children would place nuts, apples, sweets and other items around the house to welcome him. As the reformation took a hold of much of Europe, however, the popularity of St. Nicholas dropped in most Protestant countries, with the exception of Holland where he was referred to as "Sinter Klaas." After this tradition came to the United States, "Sinter Klass" would eventually be corrupted to "Sancte Claus."
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
Connection Or Connectivity?
busar: Can the Christians explain d connection between Santa and Xmas?And also is there any evidence to back the celebration of Xmas in the Bible? No harm intended o.
undecidedConnection Or Connectivity?
busar: Can the Christians explain d connection between Santa and Xmas?And also is there any evidence to back the celebration of Xmas in the Bible? No harm intended o.
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:21am On Dec 14, 2012
beethomas: AKA Santa Claus

From the 19th century: Thomas Nast's vision of old Saint Nick.

Every December 24th millions of people are visited by a short, fat guy in a red suit. Where did he come from, why does he do it, and how does he accomplish this seemingly impossible task?

Santa Claus... Kris Kringle...Old Saint Nick... We see him on advertising posters, in parades, at departments stores...who is this guy and why does he have so many aliases? Well, the original St. Nicholas lived in southwestern Turkey in the 4th century. As the bishop of Myra he was credited with doing a number of miracles involving sailors and children. After his death this led him to become the patron saint of both groups as well as for unmarried girls. As a saint he was given his own "feast day" that was celebrated on December 6th.

At about the same time Nicholas lived, Pope Julius I decided to establish a date for the celebration of the birth of Jesus. As the actual time of year for this event was unknown, the Pope decided to assign the holiday to December 25th. There had long been a pagan midwinter festival at this time of year and the Pope hoped to use the holiday to christianize the celebrations.

Eventually, Saint Nicholas's feast day also became associated with December 25th and his connection with Christmas was established. A tradition developed that he would supposedly visit homes on Christmas Eve and children would place nuts, apples, sweets and other items around the house to welcome him. As the reformation took a hold of much of Europe, however, the popularity of St. Nicholas dropped in most Protestant countries, with the exception of Holland where he was referred to as "Sinter Klaas." After this tradition came to the United States, "Sinter Klass" would eventually be corrupted to "Sancte Claus."
d part on xmax isn't true, pope julius had nathing to do with d xmas tin.
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:24am On Dec 14, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol..money wey don almost finish..I don tire for the service sef..na u suppose send me money sef..grin
u too chop chop na e make d mani quick finish, b4 e finish kpatakpa send my own come oh! Even bible talk am, "the one wu doesn't have, d little he has will be taken from him".
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by ijawkid(m): 11:06am On Dec 14, 2012
Ubenedictus: u too chop chop na e make d mani quick finish, b4 e finish kpatakpa send my own come oh! Even bible talk am, "the one wu doesn't have, d little he has will be taken from him".

Chei I don die o....this wan you just quote bible e mean say I don hands up...I surrender!!!!.....lol......

Oya I go send u small.........like how much you need??...........grin
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by elrony(m): 11:56am On Dec 14, 2012
ijawkid:

You are just afraid of the truth.....that's all......

From your statement I can deduce that wether Jesus likes it or not you must celebrate his birthday on a pagan date..........
Bro pls tell me who made xmas a pagan holiday...nd plz wat truth am i hidin from.?..
Itz jst lyk u sayin i shudnt go 2 church on a sunday because ogun worshipperz are goin 2 the shrine dat same day bro...

Merry christmas bro!
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by ijawkid(m): 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2012
elrony:
Bro pls tell me who made xmas a pagan holiday...nd plz wat truth am i hidin from.?..
Itz jst lyk u sayin i shudnt go 2 church on a sunday because ogun worshipperz are goin 2 the shrine dat same day bro...

Merry christmas bro!

You are asking me who made xmas pagan??.........

Xmas is paganism itself.......

Was Jesus born on december 25th??.........

Answer this simple question and then you can try to do a re-think......

If ogun worshippers worship on a sunday and you also go to church on sunday independent of the fact that you might have snatched that day from the same ogun worshippers then there isn't any connection..........but when you snatch an ogun festive celebration date(commemoration) and gloss it with Jesus then you just engaged in paganism.......

You should then ask yourself::::

What were u even doing with ogun worshippers in the 1st place,that would warrant you to steal there date and attach it to Jesus??........

As we can all see,the real origin of xmas is manifesting.......we've got more of atheists and pagans celebrating xmas now and they still don't believe in Jesus..........

That is why I said you guys have forced xmas on Jesus...because the professed celebrant(Jesus) according to you guys did not even celebrate his birthday and dec 25th is a wrong date....

So of what use is the christmas.??......

1 Like

Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by elrony(m): 3:29pm On Dec 14, 2012
ijawkid:

You are asking me who made xmas pagan??.........

Xmas is paganism itself.......

Was Jesus born on december 25th??.........

Answer this simple question and then you can try to do a re-think......

If ogun worshippers worship on a sunday and you also go to church on sunday independent of the fact that you might have snatched that day from the same ogun worshippers then there isn't any connection..........but when you snatch an ogun festive celebration date(commemoration) and gloss it with Jesus then you just engaged in paganism.......

You should then ask yourself::::

What were u even doing with ogun worshippers in the 1st place,that would warrant you to steal there date and attach it to Jesus??........

As we can all see,the real origin of xmas is manifesting.......we've got more of atheists and pagans celebrating xmas now and they still don't believe in Jesus..........

That is why I said you guys have forced xmas on Jesus...because the professed celebrant(Jesus) according to you guys did not even celebrate his birthday and dec 25th is a wrong date....

So of what use is the christmas.??......
Lol nw u gat me laffin bro...hahaha.,.me like ur opinion and insight buh amma stick wid mine...takia
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by ijawkid(m): 5:32pm On Dec 14, 2012
elrony:
Lol nw u gat me laffin bro...hahaha.,.me like ur opinion and insight buh amma stick wid mine...takia

Hmm mm..........na serious matter be this o!!!!!........grin grin
Re: What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? by elrony(m): 6:08pm On Dec 14, 2012
ijawkid:

Hmm mm..........na serious matter be this o!!!!!........grin grin
Lol cwezy ijaw kid..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Info About Adoration Ministries Enugu Nigeria / Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / Ibiyeomie: Joblessness Is Not Caused By Devil. It's Caused By Lack Of Integrity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.