Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

What Would You Remember Your Father For? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Remember Your Father For? (8367 Views)

Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? / Daughter Kills Father For Molesting Her / What Will You Remember Your Mother For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Solozzo(m): 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
What would your remember your daddy for.

I remember my dad a lot. He was a Uk trained lawyer, strict, a stickler for rules and due process which got in the way of our close relationship till I became a grownup. I respect him for respecting my independence of choice in everything , and for telling me when I got admission to the university that as a doctor you have to know everything. His calm words has perhaps been the underlying drive for my inquisitiveness and interest in a wide range of subjects from religion, astronomy, literature and medicine. He still appears in my dreams quite pften even after his death since 1998, displaying his usual strong character.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
Baba mi! My first love , love you Dada kiss
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2012
stil alive and kicking...buh i always admire him in being very objective in settling issues. never takes sides,says it just the way it is.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Callotti: 8:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
Big-Big grammar!
His love and care.
His smile.
His discipline.
His sense of pride. . . .
His voice. . . . .
His face. . .
HIS LASHES OF CANE ON MY BUTTOCKS!!!! grin WITH HIM SCREAMING 'LIE DOWN'!!!!!

His hearty-intoxicating laughter!!!!!! grin

NOT BEING A BORN HIA-BORN DIA NAUSEATING AFRICAN-NIGERIAN POLYGAMIST WITH ITCHING BLOKOS!!!! kiss

EVERYTHING!!!!! ALL GOOOOOOD!!!!!kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_mzw2MdIFY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oni0tO_HN30

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by pak: 6:34am On Dec 12, 2012
I put this song on repeat, the day my dad died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGDA0Hecw1k

Anyway, He was a very, very analytical guy
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by victorian(f): 10:55am On Dec 12, 2012
When I look at the responses on , what you will remember your dad for, it's very little, like 5 or 6posts? But for women, mothers... It's up to 4pages..! And at the end of it all, u read how some men talk so bad about girls with degrading words, and whom will definitely become mothers one day... But as a man, that will become a father one day too... Why can't the non chalant , and annoying attitudes of most men stop for once and be there and caring for their wives and kids... These two posts has made me realize, that men are too laid back in impacting a positive and long lasting values in their households.. A friend of mine, a guy says his dad has stroke, and he doesn't give a damn how he helps himself, cos he ain't going to the dad's house for any helping out... I was angry at him and I asked but why? Your dad is 60yrs and he has been calling yur number , u refuse to answer... He says because he threw him , his siblings and their mother out of his house when they were little and he can't forget those days, his mum struggled alone to cater for 4 kids..I told him to forget the past, forgive him. He was saying with emotions that he will be a good father to his kids and good husband to his wife... Cause little children have eyes and they don't forget what happens between mummy and daddy... He said passionately he wont let his family down... But I insist u must forgive him...there are so many issues like that...
Men , please try and be a good father , good husband, good leader to your families.. Cause it will definitely come back to either hunt or add to yur blessings at old age... It doesn't pay to be mean and selfish... Cause u could end up all alone.....it doesn't.... Peace out.

4 Likes

Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by pak: 12:13pm On Dec 12, 2012
victorian: When I look at the responses on , what you will remember your dad for, it's very little, like 5 or 6posts? But for women, mothers... It's up to 4pages..! And at the end of it all, u read how some men talk so bad about girls with degrading words, and whom will definitely become mothers one day... But as a man, that will become a father one day too... Why can't the non chalant , and annoying attitudes of most men stop for once and be there and caring for their wives and kids... These two posts has made me realize, that men are too laid back in impacting a positive and long lasting values in their households.. A friend of mine, a guy says his dad has stroke, and he doesn't give a damn how he helps himself, cos he ain't going to the dad's house for any helping out... I was angry at him and I asked but why? Your dad is 60yrs and he has been calling yur number , u refuse to answer... He says because he threw him , his siblings and their mother out of his house when they were little and he can't forget those days, his mum struggled alone to cater for 4 kids..I told him to forget the past, forgive him. He was saying with emotions that he will be a good father to his kids and good husband to his wife... Cause little children have eyes and they don't forget what happens between mummy and daddy... He said passionately he wont let his family down... But I insist u must forgive him...there are so many issues like that...
Men , please try and be a good father , good husband, good leader to your families.. Cause it will definitely come back to either hunt or add to yur blessings at old age... It doesn't pay to be mean and selfish... Cause u could end up all alone.....it doesn't.... Peace out.

@Victoria, please can I know a little more about who that friend is ? I think I have heard that same story with all the details exactly in place in real life at some point previously ?
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by victorian(f): 12:21pm On Dec 12, 2012
@Pak, am sorry I can't say his name... He confided in me, when he was down thinking about it.. And it will be awful of me, to reveal his identity... I can't say more than this..it's just a true life example..that's all..
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by dilbert100: 1:23pm On Dec 12, 2012
teaching me respect.....and how to play football!!
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 12, 2012
He is still alive but dat dude is so versatile in all field aπϑ very intelligent.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by yuzedo: 1:29pm On Dec 12, 2012
pak: @Victoria, please can I know a little more about who that friend is ? I think I have heard that same story with all the details exactly in place in real life at some point previously ?
Amebo! After knowing what next? undecided
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by phemieojelabi: 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2012
Taught me ao 2 be a MAN tru Self reliance,which has help me grow up in LIFE CAREER!
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Tsmooth1(m): 1:38pm On Dec 12, 2012
He died as a Muslim...

Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Chedarking: 1:38pm On Dec 12, 2012
My dad would kill or die for his kids.

And I know I would willingly kill and/or die for him.

My dad is my Hero in every sense of the word.

Love you Dad!
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by buchio7(m): 1:41pm On Dec 12, 2012
i fondly remember my daddy for being my best friend,my mentor,my helper and the love of my life...

He was my adviser and found every opportunity to either guide,tutoor or encourage me.

I fondly remember his boisterous laugh,his open handed bt heavy hand shakes,his love for don williams and his regular tots of johnny walker...

I remember his generosity and hes objectivity..hes kindness even to those who wld hurt him terribly....

I miss him bt knw hes in a wonderful,beautiful place sitting down and having a drink with jah while discussing lifes journeys....

Luv u always nwazulu
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by BenGlobal1(m): 1:42pm On Dec 12, 2012
Wetin concern u,y u wan knw
E too plenty
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by jamesbridget13(f): 1:43pm On Dec 12, 2012
I ll rem him for everything, an incomparable daddy. I love u dadddddd
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by yokiti: 1:43pm On Dec 12, 2012
Lost mine before I could even know what/who a father is (over 2 decades and half)...... Though narrated memories of His sojourn here is filled with testimonies of His compassionate love for all and sundry. RIP sir!
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by godstino(m): 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
HIS IMMEASURABLE LEGACY!

signed:
Monday Ige jnr
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by baby124: 1:45pm On Dec 12, 2012
Baba mi was a simply awesome man

Could die working hard to provide for his family

Always a smile on his face even in tough times

A very devout Christian

Respected himself and my mum too much

Spoiled my mum silly and treated his kids equally with love and affection
Never entertained drama from outsiders or from us

Reinforced closeness in the family no matter the distance or the fights. We must always stick together.

He was a very good man that helped thousands with opportunity and education. Sooo soo many.

God bless him always, I feel really favored to have had him as a dad. He was a rare gem, and God jealously took him.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
His intelligence. He was strict with a good heart. I miss him alot @op same here 2 i still see him in my dreams.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by etenyong(m): 1:50pm On Dec 12, 2012
This tread brings back memories of luvly gentle father who slept in the Lord on 31 august last yr. His luv for me makes me who i am 2day but its unfortunate he's not alive to enjoy d fruit of his labor. He was peaceful, humbly, luving. I miss him. May his soul continue to rest in peace.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by maclatunji: 1:56pm On Dec 12, 2012
Still alive but I appreciate his having genuine pride in we his children even if I don't always like how he expresses it.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by zumarock8(m): 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
he is dead.(so sad)
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 12, 2012
He thought me the wonder of books.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by sunnshyn(f): 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2012
My Dad's still alive and by God's grace he'll be there to walk me down d aisle and cuddle his grand kids.

I'll remember my dad for his extremely gentle/quiet ways! He never ever raises he's voice, but when he speaks it sinks! He leaves the shoutings & spankings for my mom who (un)fortunately holds a phD in that department.

I'll also remember him for the way he treats my mom, with profound kindness and gentleness and thoughtfulness. He is my prototype of a partner.

Yes again, Baami loves to smell well. You can tell Baami's around from his smell. I never forget his famous Pheromone cologne those days, till I introduced him to Paco Rabanne Black XS...aww, that's what he still wears till date!! Ehn ehn! I must say this o, Baami is also famous for his pidgin english. I don't think iv ever heard Baami spoke a sentence of clear english o.. He speaks to us in pidgin, we reply in clear english...Lol.

God bless my Baami, ka chukwu bi n'igwe continually shower you with good health in body, mind and soul, Amen!!

1 Like

Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Coldfeet(f): 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2012
grin cheesy Finally a thread for Fathers!! my Npa is my all!!! He held my head high when shame made it too heavy for me to hold up! He looked at me with hope when everyone else thought my case was hopeless! He Named me! Even when mum thought its a waste of time that I won't stay! He rocked me the nights when mum was too sick to notice my cries!! He was there with me when I gave birth to my boys!! (Mum went to get something) He is my HERO!!!! If I were a boy I would be called 'junior' cos we look so much alike. LOVE YOU ALWAYS DADDY.

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by gwas(m): 2:14pm On Dec 12, 2012
He taught me how to tear condom pack..... I can never forget that.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by sunnshyn(f): 2:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
zumarock8: he is dead.(so sad)

Accept our sympathy...may he continue to rest in peace.

So tell us, what is it about him that you remember?
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
For being the most boring unimaginative person I ever met.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by dulphines: 2:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
Callotti: Big-Big grammar!
His love and care.
His smile.
His discipline.
His sense of pride. . . .
His voice. . . . .
His face. . .
HIS LASHES OF CANE ON MY BUTTOCKS!!!! grin WITH HIM SCREAMING 'LIE DOWN'!!!!!

His hearty-intoxicating laughter!!!!!! grin

EVERYTHING!!!!! ALL GOOOOOOD!!!!!kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_mzw2MdIFY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oni0tO_HN30
Don't conclude wether he is "NOT BEING A BORN HIA-BORN DIA NAUSEATING AFRICAN-NIGERIAN POLYGAMIST WITH ITCHING BLOKOS!!!" you follow am dey waka? lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Husband Is Selfish / Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? / Home Training: Does It Still Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.