Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

President Yar'dua Is Still The Best- He Will Still Win If: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Yar'dua Is Still The Best- He Will Still Win If: (1423 Views)

Agbaje May Still Win The 2015 Lagos State Governorship Election / Turai Yar'dua Also Ignore Protocol, Decended The Plane Before the President?. / What Do You Think Of Yar'dua 's Inaugural Speech? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Yar'dua Is Still The Best- He Will Still Win If: by sleekmike(m): 11:41am On Feb 15, 2008
Even if the tribunal nullifies the presidential election, I believe that Yaradua will still win. He has proved that he has come to lead by example. He is still better than the other contenders to the office. He has sympathy for the poor as we can see from the budget. He is well educated and has zero level corrupt tendencies.
Any day, any time, I prefer him to any other. He is the best we have for now. So let the tribunal leave him alone to concentrate as do the good things he wants to do for this country. CANT YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE,
Re: President Yar'dua Is Still The Best- He Will Still Win If: by ALERTEFCC(f): 1:20pm On Feb 15, 2008
let people beat gong for you so that you go fit dance well. , before you leave your house this morning light dey? no let me begin talk ooo i get temper oo. i no dey use eye see nonsense.
Re: President Yar'dua Is Still The Best- He Will Still Win If: by donjazzie(m): 1:38pm On Feb 15, 2008
ALERT-EFCC:

let people beat gong for you so that you go fit dance well. , before you leave your house this morning light dey? no let me begin talk ooo i get temper oo. i no dey use eye see nonsense.

Senseless.

I think you should review the guys administration and see that this man has alot to offer tho i'm not a Yardua fan

Truth be told if the guy recontest a free and fair election chances are the guy would still win
Re: President Yar'dua Is Still The Best- He Will Still Win If: by fatherab1: 1:44pm On Feb 15, 2008
EFCC, pls take it easy. This guy just said the RIGHT thing. Among all these pretenders who call themselves contenders, non of them is capable like Yar'adua. We Nigerians know the difference.
However, it's good the election is annuled in order to restore some degree of sanity in the polity. These bad-belle polititians like Adedibu and Ali will then learn that there is nothing done wickedness that will not be cancelled.

@ alert, for yaradua an obasanjo's political godson to publicly accuse him of wasting our billions in the power sector is a right step in the right direction. I will vote for him a million times b4 I remember Atiku my supreme court candidate.
Re: President Yar'dua Is Still The Best- He Will Still Win If: by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Feb 15, 2008
don jazzie:

Senseless.

I think you should review the guys administration and see that this man has alot to offer tho i'm not a Yardua fan

Truth be told if the guy recontest a free and fair election chances are the guy would still win

That same line was used something during Obasanjo's time. Do you realize that ?? Same line was used by many during Shagari's time on the seat as well. Just cause a human being has a lot to offer does not mean we should sit with arm's folded without urging him to do what he is potentially able to do and achieve. I am not a fan of his either, infact, I am not a fan of anyone but I prefer to speak great of people who have actually done much to be praised than people who have pipe dreams that are yet to be made a reality.
Re: President Yar'dua Is Still The Best- He Will Still Win If: by SkyBlue1: 2:58pm On Feb 15, 2008
sleekmike, you are basing your judgement about who was the better candidate on only 3 major contenders to last election. But i believe there were much more. I still strongly believe that Yaradua would have been voted for not because people believed he had a plan for Nigeria, but come on, who else would you have gone for? The ex Vice President who admitted he looted the treasury but in his defence said Obasanjo looted more? Or the ex military dictator who would have probably made a difference but was rumoured to have had controversial views on sharia (basically wanting to implement sharia in more northern states). Yaradua was chosen because he was a lesser of three evils. We could have gone for risky candidates or the "safe bet". What vision does Yaradua have for Nigeria? He was not even planning to run for the presidency, so are we saying he is a good president because he is not corrupt, or does not steal? Because if that is our criteria for what passes as a good president then we are doomed. He isn't bad, but he isn't good either, he is mediocre, with a very vague "7 point agenda". We are tired of potential. Nigeria is a potentially rich country but are we? Potential is different from reality. He might have potential, but that is not what is on the ground. Judge by the results not by potential. 9 months on and he can't pass the simple FOI bill.
Re: President Yar'dua Is Still The Best- He Will Still Win If: by nimbus(m): 2:59pm On Feb 15, 2008
Yes, out of the lot that contested that election, Yar' adua probably has the best credentials but thats no to say he is the best this country has to offer!!

Frankly, am a Yar' adua supporter but so far he is failing me! He seems to be foot dragging on many issues especially the Power and energy issue in this country. He is not being Proactive enough.
Re: President Yar'dua Is Still The Best- He Will Still Win If: by noetic(m): 3:20pm On Feb 15, 2008
sleekmike:

Even if the tribunal nullifies the presidential election, I believe that Yaradua will still win. He has proved that he has come to lead by example. He is still better than the other contenders to the office. He has sympathy for the poor as we can see from the budget. He is well educated and has zero level corrupt tendencies.
Any day, any time, I prefer him to any other. He is the best we have for now. So let the tribunal leave him alone to concentrate as do the good things he wants to do for this country. CANT YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE,
this is pure hypocriscy and sycophancy which is unfortunately prevalent in the nigeria.

7 months into his presidency, u make it sound like like he is d long awaited "mr right all the wrong"

whats d basis of ur belief that he will win a free and fair election in nigeria? is he even ready to conductone?
if he is y hasnt he sacked iwu? y is iwu`s inec the same re-conducting by-elections to correct the electoral fraud they initially perpetuated?
did yara himself not rig-out masari in the pdp primaries in 2007, in favour of his annointed?

whats d basis of ur assumption that he has come to lead by example? by refusing to spend his security votes?
y didnt he do d same gesture as govenor?

and was shagari not educated too? was he not a former lecturer b4 he bcame president?
we are talking of greed grin, u re talking about education. education my foot.

how as he proved to be of zero tolerance to corruption. by politicising ambassadoral appointments and practically sacking ribadu?

if the basis for having sympathy for the poor is the budget, then pls grab a copy of abacha`s 1996 budget n stop all this jibberish talk.

u said he is d best 4 now, hw is he better than buhari?

i wonder what a man who had no self desire or ambition to rule d country has in plans for such a country.
he is here to experiment.

i am not for or against him, my fingers re crossed for now, but dont give him a messianic picture, cos he is not.

don jazzie:

Senseless.

without any intention of insulting u, i think u re comments are rather senseless and pointless.

whats there to review in a 7 month old administration?

n wat gives u d impression he is ready to organise a free n fair election? not to talk of winning it.

abeg say something else.
Re: President Yar'dua Is Still The Best- He Will Still Win If: by SkyBlue1: 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2008
Do you know where his 'rule of law' stance becomes insulting? The whole INEC fiasco. One of the biggest insult to the Nigerian people by Yaradua's administration is not the fact that INEC conducted the most shameful elections in our history, involved themselves with election malpractise and thuggery, and all of that, the bigger insult is that with all the proof available Maurice Iwu and INEC have not even been properly investigated. The repeated local government elections conducted in one of the Northern States and ibadan were again marred with violence and thuggery. Why on earth should it have been better when thesame INEC with thesame Maurice Iwu were conducting the elections? It is like planting banana and expecting yam to be produced during havest. It just reminds me of one of the most irritating quotes i heard. Apparently when the people of Edo state were complaining after Lucky Igbenidions first term in office and time for election came, guess what his father said in his defence? "Luck fail, Lucky Fail, if una pikin fail exam una no go let am take the exam again"? Well,  what can one say? I may be wrong and i like to give people a chance, but i think people have mistaken Yaradua's lack of courage to act and lead the country for humility and meekness.
Re: President Yar'dua Is Still The Best- He Will Still Win If: by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2008
watching closely from the sidelines
Re: President Yar'dua Is Still The Best- He Will Still Win If: by oldie(m): 7:23pm On Feb 15, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I am not a fan of his either, infact, I am not a fan of anyone but I prefer to speak great of people who have actually done much to be praised than people who have pipe dreams that are yet to be made a reality.
You wouldn't be a fan of yourself, even if you became the president! grin
Re: President Yar'dua Is Still The Best- He Will Still Win If: by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On Feb 15, 2008
oldie:

You wouldn't be a fan of yourself, even if you became the president! grin

How in the world would you know that Do you now make discussions about my person instead of focusing on the main issue?? I am sorry if you find it hard to understand that people are entitled to their own opinions which in many cases may not be in line with whatever ideas you have for your own self but I stand by the fact that I am not a fan of any person. I am not easily impressed by anyone and see no reason why I should be a fan of another man when I myself need fans. Jeezzz, please get your attention off me and focus on the topic.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilots Use Gsm Phones To Contact Control Tower / Kano alone Has About 1.5 Million Almajiris / Former Anambra Governor, Onoh, Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.