Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith (9933 Views)

Nigerian Man, Michael Adegbite Stabbed To Death In The UK Over A Laptop (Photos) / Policewoman In Delta Kills Ex-husband Who Is Also A Cop / Nigerian Sentence To 17 years Imprisonment In Uk Over Dj Carl Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by Ivynwa(f): 2:10pm On Dec 13, 2012
shymexx: All these freshies and fvcking/taking one another's wives/girlfriends smh...

That guy didn't kill the chic because of religion - everyone knows how naija people get down over here...

The "new lover" probably stole the guy's girlfriend... undecided

And the woman got served by her jealous ex...

You have some point there, that may be part of it with the way the fella called her present fiance to hurt him by telling him that he will never see the lady again. He is not happy that she is with the man.

People better stop playing the fool for religion that stays alive after you have died for it. I ain't wasting this beautiful life for no religion.
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by noholdsbarred(m): 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2012
There's no good that can come out from such relationship except each decide not to be fanatical about their religion and allow for some flexibility. Many people go into such relationship thinking that it does not matter or that they can control their partners. It's safe to stay clear off such unions.
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by nagoma(m): 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2012
Jah Man: I think what the UK tabloid stated was fair enough.They argued about the religion of their daughter when they were still together and that caused their seperation.Don't tell me you don't know that most muslim guys deceive the so called christian girls that they won't bother them and the kids about going to the mosque.They later change and start dictating which religion the family should stick to.
I have no problem with that.My problem is with the girls that accepted in the first place.

That's exactly what Taraba governor did. Pretended that he converted to Islam. Married a decent Muslim girls and after 2 children he resumed going to church with the kids and threatened to marry a Christian woman if the wife refuses to convert.
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
Shebi they said Yoruba Muslims don't mind what religion their wives and children chose
Oops no be wife, live in babe
Moral of the story,stick to your kind and these type of arguments will not arise
You hardly see Muslim girls marrying Christians ,why do Christian girls marry Muslims
They should know that the Bible forbids such unequal yoking

The man was just an animal
He may have still killed her for other reasons

2 Likes

Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 13, 2012
babyosisi: Shebi they said Yoruba Muslims don't mind what religion their wives and children chose
Oops no be wife, live in babe
Moral of the story,stick to your kind and these type of arguments will not arise
You hardly see Muslim girls marrying Christians ,why do Christian girls marry Muslims
They should know that the Bible forbids such unequal yoking

The man was just an animal
He may have still killed her for other reasons

It's dailymail for crying out loud - this has nothing to do with religion... I'm very sure the ex-lover and new-lover used to be friends before he hijacked ol'boy's girlfriend... And this stupidity isn't limited to just girlfriends, they hijack people's wives as well.... That's how naija people get down out here...

These people are just shameless, to be honest...
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by Ilekokonit: 2:28pm On Dec 13, 2012
'Many men and women have to endure the discovery that the husband, wife or partner is no longer content with the relationship they have.

True talk.

If only the guy had given the woman the distance she demanded.
By constantly monitoring / visiting an ex, you are bound to see things you don't like. better to avoid an ex altogether.

20 years in prison just because a wife leaves you ??

Thank god for beer. I would rather be a free man visiting every beer parlour around than kill a wife out of jeaulosy. its the children that will now suffer not having a mum and not seeing dad for 20 years. if only men can remove themselves from the vicinity of an ex wife so as not to see things that are bound to wind you up.

my policy is "See no evil hear no evil". Oun ti eyan o ba ri ki i ri ni lara. what you don't see can not hurt you or wind you up.

2 Likes

Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by CE: 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2012
Lanspower:
Read the story and employ your reasoning sense (if you've got one). The murder apparently had more bearing on the fact that the late lady was dating another man than the religious difference. Why did the husband not kill her before their argument about the religion their daughter would practise separated them? How come Mr Adeniyi resorted to issuing threats to Mr Alabi when it was not stated anywhere in the story that the latter was a christian attempting to influence the religion of the former's daughter? We will analyse issues better when we rid ourselves of our religion bigotry and use the sense God has given us which is common to us all.
If you read the story too religion was one of the issue let us not be deceived
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by seyibrown(f): 2:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
This could have happened between two people of the same religion. Poor woman; poor daughters! embarassed
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 13, 2012
their is virtually nothing religious in this but jealosy
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by princeonx: 2:56pm On Dec 13, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Oh give me a freaking break! This is clearly a jealousy induced murder. I highly doubt a guy who dated a Christian Girl (it's not like she hid her faith), had a child with her would suddenly go crazy about his child being brought up a Christian.

UK Tabloids and sensationalism sha! All the conflicts stated in the article points to jealous. . .threatening her ex etc, nothing about religion, how then did they conclude it was about that?

The real issue here is the arrogance of some men, she probably broke up with him and he felt since he wasn't the one who did the breaking up. . .then it is not over yet. It is so sad he had to take a life to be put in the cage where he belongs.

May she RIP and God grant her family the fortitude to bear the loss.
You are absolutely right about the act/killing being out of jealousy at least it sound like it. The child's involvement or religion misunderstanding part is just something to name the dog before hanging it. From the names one can tell this are Yorubas and Yoruba people both christians ad muslims don't see any big deal marrying each other. I personally know a million and one Yoruba couple who are not of the same religion! And while some are, their parents are the opposite religion.
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by princeonx: 2:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
And what'a phock is 20 and half years? Na taboo to mention 30 for UK?
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by aurenflani: 3:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
C.E:
Was religion an issue in that incident?

Yes! Yes!!Yeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by OlaHify(f): 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
May ur soul rest in peace Esther Arogundade...we will miss U...(G.C.A '97 class)
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2012
I can see all the tribal bigots from one section of this obodo Nigeria re absent on this thread. cheesy cheesy You can run but you can't hide. angry

Rip poor woman. See wetin jealousy abi na religion dey cause.
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by Sweetnecta: 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2012
from God we came, to Him is definitely our return.
it is forbidden in Islam to take innocent life.

the life of that woman was innocent. there is no reason for him to kill her.

if he was conscious of his islam, fornication should have been something he didnt indulge in.
then he took innocent life, the primary caretaker of his zanni daughter. the daughter has lost a mother, a friend, a caretaker.

attempting to kill himself was another thing i just dont get in this.

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by redsun(m): 3:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
A selfish animal that couldnt bear the fact that a woman has moved on. In the end he destroyed his own life and that of his suppose child.

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by olapluto(m): 4:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
Dailymail and its sensationalism. Clearly they do not understand the Nigerian life in UK. There is absolutely nothing religious in this murder. If the man killed because of Islam, did the woman cheat because of Christianity? Is cheating allowed in Christianity? Problem with most people is that they view religious issues with one eye only.
This man was clearly frustrated. It is not a new thing in UK for a woman in a stable marriage to start looking out for more companionship. This is just the waywardness of the society and not religious. In fact, most of those who cheat meet each other in religious places ; the churches and the asalatus.
The most hit victim of this murder is the 2 year old daughter they left behind. That baby will now be raised by people who care less about her moral development. My fear is that she may end up like most people raised in UK foster homes ; not good. I pray that the Almighty Allah help the innocent baby through the difficult life ahead. She will be at least 23 years before she sees her dad again.
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by JahMan1: 4:59pm On Dec 13, 2012
I am yet to see one.
Infact it could be the muslim lady agreed upfront to abandon islam for her husband's religion.
No church will support a man dragging the wife to church especially if they know the man married her as a muslim.
tng: @jahman

Just the way you think many xtian girls have been deceived into marrying Muslim men, a lot of muslim girls have married xtian men and even converted to xtianity.
Am with sisi kill on this.

Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by JahMan1: 5:04pm On Dec 13, 2012
Please no insults okay.
I am most definitely older than you from the way you talk and also ontop of Igbo history.
Till date it is a taboo,but twist of moral values permits it in Igbo land.
Majority of Igbo ladies that are married to muslims happened during the war(forcefully to survive).Currently it is basically convenience...money and all.
Next time don't just insult and make noise,please make a little sense.
aurenflani:
Before you were born Igbos, Efiks, Ibibios, Itsekiris, etc all get married to Muslim men from both north and south. Primitive thinkers like you always hide behind such kind of happenings to try to spew your archaic views. Why don't you just grow up.
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by SisiKill1: 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2012
Jah Man: I am yet to see one.
Infact it could be the muslim lady agreed upfront to abandon islam for her husband's religion.
No church will support a man dragging the wife to church especially if they know the man married her as a muslim.

Oh my! I am so sorry, I didn't notice your name earlier. embarassed

So Jah as in Jehovah, the all seeing and knowing God, yes?

Yeah, now I understand why you think the fact that you haven't seen means it never happens.
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by nedra: 7:48pm On Dec 13, 2012
Dear God, pls gv each religion their own planet so dat d users of bomb,force n violence can destroy only themselves and their own planet.
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by nedra: 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2012
Dear God, pls gv each religion their own planet so dat d users of bombs, force and violence can destroy only themselves and their own planet. Amen
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2012
Amen smiley
Re: Man Kills Ex-lover In UK Over Child’s Religious Faith by Anderson121(m): 6:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
tng:
@jahman

Just the way you think many xtian girls have been deceived into marrying Muslim men, a lot of muslim girls have married xtian men and even converted to xtianity.
Am with sisi kill on this.

really? Have Muslim babes been marrying xtian guys? I never see that one yet sha.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moment Lucky Boy Wins N38million Bet With N800naira (pics/video) / Police Rescue Kidnapped Doctor In Abia, Arrest One Suspect / Kaduna Govt Confirms 11 Killed, Others Injured As Bandits Attack Zangon Kataf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.