Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,322 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Should I Go Or Should I Stay? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Go Or Should I Stay? (1246 Views)

Always Thinking Of Sex, Sport Bet Among Others, How Do I Stay Focused In Church / How Do I Stay Sexually Pure? / A Christian Organization Where I Stay One Week Talking To God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by therationa(m): 2:22pm On Feb 15, 2008
I get the sense that I am no longer welcome on this Religion Forum. I will like to hear from you guys.

Should I go OR should I stay?
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by JeSoul(f): 3:25pm On Feb 15, 2008
who says you're no longer welcome? cheesy

what we're tired of is ur incessant, unrelenting obsession with discrediting christianity. We're tired of you posting millions of topics and never staying long enuff to thoroughly engage in discussion & respond to the answers that are given to you, before running off to start a new confused topic.

You are welcome, and people will embrace and discuss with you. But you must stop this madness! angry or else you won't find anyone that pays any attention to you.
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by 4Him(m): 4:37pm On Feb 15, 2008
You are more than welcome, we've dealt with worse people before. wink
Like JeSoul said . . . we are not crazy neither do we have 32 pairs of arms . . . your childish attitude of opening up 90 threads a minute any time is ridiculous. Everyone is tired of the fact that each time they try to engage you in a progressive discourse on one thread u promptly disappear to open another.

we cant keep up!
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by therationa(m): 4:42pm On Feb 15, 2008
JeSoul:

who says you're no longer welcome? cheesy

what we're tired of is your incessant, unrelenting obsession with discrediting christianity. We're tired of you posting millions of topics and never staying long enough to thoroughly engage in discussion & respond to the answers that are given to you, before running off to start a new confused topic.

You are welcome, and people will embrace and discuss with you. But you must stop this madness! angry or else you won't find anyone that pays any attention to you.

Nice to known am still welcome here. Thankx.

There is a simple reason why I opened many threads. I had noticed that there are some individuals (notably Imhotep, SysUser) here who would snooker every single thread into a God Exist/Not Exist debate. The first two threads I started were taken down that route, much as I tried to bring it back to the main thrust of the post.

So to forestall that happening again, I have opened threads in as many issues as I am aware of so that we could discuss each of these issues independently on a separate thread. There is no point having a thread that wanders about without reach some sort of informed finality.

In fact, I have not abandoned any threads that I started when the thread has stayed on topic.
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 15, 2008
therationa:

Nice to known am still welcome here. Thankx.

There is a simple reason why I opened many threads. I had noticed that there are some individuals (notably Imhotep, SysUser) here who would snooker every single thread into a God Exist/Not Exist debate. The first two threads I started were taken down that route, much as I tried to bring it back to the main thrust of the post.

So to forestall that happening again, I have opened threads in as many issues as I am aware of so that we could discuss each of these issues independently on a separate thread. There is no point having a thread that wanders about without reach some sort of informed finality.

In fact, I have not abandoned any threads that I started when the thread has stayed on topic.

@therationa
None of your threads can withstand rigorous analysis. Your scholarly work is shabby. Please update the contents of your mind.
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by therationa(m): 4:50pm On Feb 15, 2008
4Him:

You are more than welcome, we've dealt with worse people before. wink
Like JeSoul said . . . we are not crazy neither do we have 32 pairs of arms . . . your childish attitude of opening up 90 threads a minute any time is ridiculous. Everyone is tired of the fact that each time they try to engage you in a progressive discourse on one thread u promptly disappear to open another.

we can't keep up!

4HIM, Thanks for you support.

Like I said in my last post, I hate it when posters do not stay on topic. It is simply irritating. Take for instance the post for OLAADEGBU a couple of minutes ago on the "How is Salvation Achieved" thread. How am I supposed to respond to that. He just avoided the questions I posted altogether. Hope you get my point.

BTW, I apologise for giving the impression that I was avoiding dealing with the threads and for troubling you guys with so many threads and questions. I was simply doing this to not allow the issues to all tangle up together as was going to be the case in the first two threads.
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by 4Him(m): 4:56pm On Feb 15, 2008
therationa:

here is the problem. If we havent learnt 1+1=2 why do you want to progress to 7*5=35?

If we havent determined whether God exists or not then what is the rationale crying about whether His bible is true or not?
You dont believe the christian God exists yet you go ahead lampooning His bible? isnt that hypocritical?
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 15, 2008
4Him:

here is the problem. If we havent learnt 1+1=2 why do you want to progress to 7*5=35?

If we havent determined whether God exists or not then what is the rationale crying about whether His bible is true or not?
You don't believe the christian God exists yet you go ahead lampooning His bible? isnt that hypocritical?

Beautiful. Such is the shoddiness of therationa's reasoning process. Disappointing.
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by therationa(m): 5:01pm On Feb 15, 2008
4Him:

You don't believe the christian God exists yet you go ahead lampooning His bible? isnt that hypocritical?

4HIM,

Whether God exists and whether the bible is his word are two VERY different questions. For instance Christians, Mormons, M-uslim, Jews, Hindus, etc all believe in the existence of God. But do you all believe in the same book as his word.

I am questioning the bible just as you would question the Qu'ran, or the m-uslim would question the bible.
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by 4Him(m): 5:34pm On Feb 15, 2008
therationa:

4HIM,

Whether God exists and whether the bible is his word are two VERY different questions. For instance Christians, Mormons, M-uslim, Jews, Hindus, etc all believe in the existence of God. But do you all believe in the same book as his word.

I am questioning the bible just as you would question the Qu'ran, or the m-uslim would question the bible.

you're tripping over ur own feet. Whether God exists is tied intimately to whether the bible is His word. You cant separate the two because God expressly declared in the book of St. John that He is His word!

Now back to ur weak analogy, christians, muslims and mormons believe in the existence of "a god" . . . not just God. The christian believes that his God is clearly distinct from those of others and the rationale for this is in the bible.
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by skyone(m): 5:53pm On Feb 15, 2008
4Him:

Now back to your weak analogy, christians, great ones and mormons believe in the existence of "a god" . . . not just God. The christian believes that his God is clearly distinct from those of others and the rationale for this is in the bible.

ABSOLUTELY
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by therationa(m): 6:02pm On Feb 15, 2008
4Him:

you're tripping over your own feet. Whether God exists is tied intimately to whether the bible is His word. You can't separate the two because God expressly declared in the book of St. John that He is His word!

Now back to your weak analogy, christians, great ones and mormons believe in the existence of "a god" . . . not just God. The christian believes that his God is clearly distinct from those of others and the rationale for this is in the bible.

This is just an evasion tactic. If you were debating with a m-uslim the existence of God would not be the issue. It would be whether the bible/qu'ran are his inspired words (or whether Jesus is his son or God; or Mu-hammed is prophet)

So before I believe in you God, I need to verify that what you claim to be his word is indeed his word. If it does not stand the test of my scrutiny, I reserve the option to not believe.

BTW, having a strong believe or conviction about something does not make it a fact. The ancients strongly believed that the Sun revolved about the earth, or that the earth was flat. Both of which turned out to be false, however strongly these believed were held.
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by 4Him(m): 7:45pm On Feb 15, 2008
therationa:

This is just an evasion tactic. If you were debating with a m-uslim the existence of God would not be the issue. It would be whether the bible/qu'ran are his inspired words (or whether Jesus is his son or God; or Mu-hammed is prophet)

Nonsense. I have never told a musl'im that his god does not exist . . . rather i have countered his silly argument that he is the same as the God of the bible.

therationa:

So before I believe in you God, I need to verify that what you claim to be his word is indeed his word. If it does not stand the test of my scrutiny, I reserve the option to not believe.

you're putting the cart before the horse. You cant be debating the words of a God u dont believe in.

therationa:

BTW, having a strong believe or conviction about something does not make it a fact. The ancients strongly believed that the Sun revolved about the earth, or that the earth was flat. Both of which turned out to be false, however strongly these believed were held.

that's true, but until you can convincingly show us that our belief in God is irrational we will continue to hold steadfastly to that belief.
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by olabowale(m): 12:01am On Feb 16, 2008
@4Him:
Nonsense. I have never told a musl'im that his god does not exist . . . rather i have countered his silly argument that he is the same as the God of the bible.
The god of the bible, in Old Testament is One God. But when he got to New Testament, while Jesus was still preaching, it was still One God. But after jesus was raised up, all of a sudden he became 3! You are right. The Muslim God is Just One God and that make Him different in Stength and number from the last VERSION Of the BIBLICAL god; a progression we see from 1 in OT, and still continued in the early part of NT, but became 3 by the end of it. Multiple Personalily son, holy spirit and father.

you're putting the cart before the horse. You can't be debating the words of a God u don't believe in.
You claim this book contains nothibg but the words of the christian God, yet therationa have demostrated to you in other threads that even paul and co have their says in it. Unless you call these people God, then your Book is not truly 'word' of God! I do not see why therationa should convert to Christianity. If he leaves falsehood, he should be into a completely true religion.

Hey therationa, put Islam 'Qur'an' to your test and I will definitely respond to you. I will teach you about the process of revelations, etc.

that's true, but until you can convincingly show us that our belief in God is irrational we will continue to hold steadfastly to that belief.
To believe in God is rational. But your process of belief is what is not rational. Especially when you velieve in three personality god! He is a son, being delivered by a woman, like every other child. Born weak and helpless and needed his mother for nourishment, etc. hen a passive holy ghost god and then a father god. Is this worth believing in? I am clear about it, no!
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by sistajay(f): 8:22pm On Feb 16, 2008
Please stay, you'll be greatly missed if you should go.
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by therationa(m): 8:27pm On Feb 16, 2008
sista-jay:

Please stay, you'll be greatly missed if you should go.

Many thanks Sista smiley
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by stimulus(m): 8:34pm On Feb 16, 2008
@olabowale,

olabowale:

@4Him: The god of the bible, in Old Testament is One God. But when he got to New Testament, while Jesus was still preaching, it was still One God. But after jesus was raised up, all of a sudden he became 3! You are right.

The God of the Old Testament was known as "FATHER". When we get to the New Testament, while Jesus was still preaching, the same God was also known as "FATHER" - and after the resurrection of Jesus, God was still known as "FATHER"!

E da kun, oga olas, we learnt that a couple of centuries later came a Quraish prophet - and suddenly, fiam! - God was no longer known as FATHER! What Muslims have called "the last testament" suddenly denies all the previous Testaments, even though there are verses in the Qur'an that says Muslims should believe in all the previous revelations of the Biblical prophets! grin

Can you explain the magical art of such Arabian wayo?
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by therationa(m): 8:35pm On Feb 16, 2008
Stimulus, 4HIM and Imhotep you are welcome NOT to post any replies to my posts. You may post but do NOT expect a direct response from me. You guys are just simply childish and dishonest.
Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay? by stimulus(m): 8:39pm On Feb 16, 2008
@therationa,

therationa:

Stimulus, 4HIM and Imhotep you are welcome NOT to post any replies to my posts.

I knew it wouldn't take long before you begged us not to reply to your posts. This says volumes about your pretended scholarship. Well done! cheesy

therationa:

You may post but do NOT expect a direct response from me.

I've never expected any sane response from you, let alone a "direct" response. You can cry hooha now because a plagiarist is always left without materials to plagiarize as answers for his drivels.

therationa:

You guys are just simply childish and dishonest.

Haha! grin We were being childish and dishonest - for providing honest and mature answers?

Please therationa, go home and weep! Such begging and mewling are below your age! tongue

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Misconceptions About The Catholic Church / The Location Of The Ark Of The Covenant Revealed!! / Mog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.