Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,659 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Any Experiences On Uk Transit Visa From USA - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Experiences On Uk Transit Visa From USA (1270 Views)

A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures / Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? / FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Experiences On Uk Transit Visa From USA by Simplechic: 1:33pm On Dec 12, 2012
Good day my people, please has anyone processed UK transit visa from USA before? My hubby sent in application for transit visa on his trip to naija this December. The application was received by UKBA New York on 21st Dec. and he received email on the 3rd Dec. about package been processed etc with their processing time frame stating 12days or so. Considering the limited time before the trip, he sent a request for withdrawal on the 6th. Dec and they responded that they will get in touch within 2days. They sent a response on 7th Dec. with an option of Priority Service which is not guaranteed the 48 hrs stipulated. He was told to reply the mail if he wanted to go ahead with the withdraw which he replied immediately.

The issue now is we've not heard or got any response from them as regards the request. We cant say if the withdrawal is in process or not as they are not responding to his subsequent mails. He tried contacting them but its an automated response he gets. Presently, we are in a dilemma. The trip is on the 20th, we just dont know what to do anymore at this point.

I would like to hear peoples' experiences and opinion on this matter, please urgent responses needed. Thank you
Re: Any Experiences On Uk Transit Visa From USA by SapeleDon: 12:31am On Dec 13, 2012
Received in NY Nov 21st you mean?I might be wrong but I was assuming you don't need a visa through the UK or most of this EU countries any more if you have a US Visa?or a Green Card holder.

Years ago as a Permanent resident in the US I use to fly to and fro to Nigeria from the US throug Paris and never needed a transit visa.

Those well informed on these matters can comment.
Re: Any Experiences On Uk Transit Visa From USA by AjanleKoko: 10:00am On Dec 13, 2012
I thought the transit visa requirement had been abolished by almost all but a very few selection of European states, under the Schengen act.
Especially the Lagos-London-North America route. My mother flies to NY regularly via London, on BA or Virgin, and never needs a UK visa, transit or otherwise.
Re: Any Experiences On Uk Transit Visa From USA by suxes2005(m): 11:03am On Dec 14, 2012
AjanleKoko: I thought the transit visa requirement had been abolished by almost all but a very few selection of European states, under the Schengen act.
Especially the Lagos-London-North America route. My mother flies to NY regularly via London, on BA or Virgin, and never needs a UK visa, transit or otherwise.

Baws, I seriously need to talk to you.
Longeeeeeeeeest time

pear_prince AT yahoo.com is ma mail.

Sheyi

(1) (Reply)

Pls, Where Can I Board The Bus Goin To Enugu, Jos, Calabar And Owerri In Lagos / Is It Advisable To Apply For A Schengen Visa To Italy With A New Passport / Lady Who Died At Accident Scene At Cele Bustop Has Been Identified(See More Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.